Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: If Donald Trump wants civility,

Message 11 of 51

@Richva wrote:

Donald's definition of civil discourse is anything he can use as a weapon against his enemies. 

His definition of incivility is anything his enemies use against him.  

Given up on the "attacker" vs the "counter puncher" have you?? Seems like you are back to the vague generalities.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

No, the topic is about lack of civility. 

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

The discussion went towards the word "attack". I quite accurately pointed out that he is not an "attacker" but a "counter puncher". Granted neither can be called "being civil" but there is a big difference when you start to assess responsibility.

And you failed in your attempt to excuse Trump again. A counter-puncher doesn’t always throw the first punch.

It was not a defense of the President. It was a defense of the truth. I obviously succeeded where you are concerned since you were unable to offer more than an erroneous claim without pointing to a single instance of his throwing the first punch.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 51

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"Lyin' Ted, Liddle Marco, Low Energy Jeb, 1 for 38 Kasich, Pocahontas, Cryin' Chuck, Jeff the Flake, Little Rocket Man, Leakin James, Steepy Eyes Chuck, Not a hero John, Sloppy Steve Bannon."

Which of those do you see as having been a "first strike" as opposed to a "counter-punch"?

I am afraid you are going to have to remind me of the derogatory nicknames John McCain and Steve Bannon had for Trump.  

Then we have to point out that presenting  an excuse for being crass and rude is not the same as incivility being excusable.  Keep trying though. 

Try to focus - you posted a group of disparaging terms and I asked which you say as "first strike" vs "counter punch".

From CNBC - 

Trump was reacting to reports that Bannon had called a meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer "treasonous."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/azdc/2016/10/15/donald-trump-vs-john-mccain-feud/91960...

Two down, ten to go.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 51

Donald's definition of civil discourse is anything he can use as a weapon against his enemies. 

His definition of incivility is anything his enemies use against him.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

No, the topic is about lack of civility. 

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

The discussion went towards the word "attack". I quite accurately pointed out that he is not an "attacker" but a "counter puncher". Granted neither can be called "being civil" but there is a big difference when you start to assess responsibility.

And you failed in your attempt to excuse Trump again. A counter-puncher doesn’t always throw the first punch.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 51

@jimc91 wrote:

The democrats don't know how to handle a Republican that knows how to punch back.  

Most Republicans in the past have just let the democrats attack and run off at the mouth and ignored their childish behavior.  President Trump is very different.  He has proven he has no use for their childish behavior and he uses the Bully Pulpit to expose their behavior and make them look like the idiots they are.  

They attack him for the same thing Obama did and he does not ignore it,  He hits back 10 times harder and the country (the normal thinking citizens) laugh at the ridiculous behavior of the democrats.  

I for one think it is refreshing to see our President expose the democrats for who they have really become.  I say good job Mr. President.

It appears President Trump can at times be mean...

It is conclusive, the democrats are childish, hypocritical and at times stupid.  A great example is the democrat congress people that are calling for ICE to be abolished.  Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

I can live with occasionally mean... Have little tolerance for stupid.

If you remember, it was Trump-the-Moron who was calling for civility. Of course, that was after he got his shots in, wasn't it?  Stupid would be getting rid of free trade, trusting North Korea without any agreement at all, and not dealing with the immigration system which is obviously broken. 

When you have a president who has trouble reading.................I think stupid is the right word to use. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure 9152 , a " counter puncher " with lies. Go ahead and tell your grandchildren that lies are ok and see how that works out for them.

The issue is "attack" vs "counter-punch". Are you agreeing with my position? If not - any examples??

The democrats don't know how to handle a Republican that knows how to punch back.  

Most Republicans in the past have just let the democrats attack and run off at the mouth and ignored their childish behavior.  President Trump is very different.  He has proven he has no use for their childish behavior and he uses the Bully Pulpit to expose their behavior and make them look like the idiots they are.  

They attack him for the same thing Obama did and he does not ignore it,  He hits back 10 times harder and the country (the normal thinking citizens) laugh at the ridiculous behavior of the democrats.  

I for one think it is refreshing to see our President expose the democrats for who they have really become.  I say good job Mr. President.

It appears President Trump can at times be mean...

It is conclusive, the democrats are childish, hypocritical and at times stupid.  A great example is the democrat congress people that are calling for ICE to be abolished.  Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

I can live with occasionally mean... Have little tolerance for stupid.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

"Lyin' Ted, Liddle Marco, Low Energy Jeb, 1 for 38 Kasich, Pocahontas, Cryin' Chuck, Jeff the Flake, Little Rocket Man, Leakin James, Steepy Eyes Chuck, Not a hero John, Sloppy Steve Bannon."

Which of those do you see as having been a "first strike" as opposed to a "counter-punch"?

I am afraid you are going to have to remind me of the derogatory nicknames John McCain and Steve Bannon had for Trump.  

Then we have to point out that presenting  an excuse for being crass and rude is not the same as incivility being excusable.  Keep trying though. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 51

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 51

Okay Snoopy, I will. "Lyin' Ted, Liddle Marco, Low Energy Jeb, 1 for 38 Kasich, Pocahontas, Cryin' Chuck, Jeff the Flake, Little Rocket Man, Leakin James, Steepy Eyes Chuck, Not a hero John, Sloppy Steve Bannon." There's also his favorite words: "lightweight, loser, moron, dummy, over-rated, thug, blood coming from . . ." How can you call making fun of a disabled reporter a "counterpunch?" None of these people did any name calling. But if you want to talk about punches, let's see, here's some Trump quotes: "Maybe he should've been roughed up.  I'd like to punch him in the face. Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise I'll pay your legal fees. I'll knock the crap out of him. If you hurt him, I'll defend you in court. Part of the problem is no one want to hurt each other anymore."  

Trump is absolutely operating as a manipulative bully who does not care about the consequences of his actions. By definition, bullying "occurs when someone uses verbal or physical strength to intimidate someone. It often involves repeated exposure of one or more persons to verbal agression, threats, harassment, taunting, or spreading vicious, undocumented rumors." 

Trump is supposed to represent the American character. Is this who we are now?

Kudos
Views