When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: If Donald Trump wants civility,

Message 1 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

As long as you continue to bury your head in the sand and blindly support him you will never be able to see the light. Maybe if you didn't spend all your time trying to excuse Trump you could actually join the real world.

I am looking to you for advise - when did the President take the first swing? Without that, he must be thought of as a counter-puncher.

Your question has been responded to multiple times but you are so stuck on your false idol that you are unable to comprehend. Have fun in your own little world.

You have said it was responded to multiple times - but it actually hasn't happened even once. So, would you care to point out any instances of our President taking the first swing?

Or would you prefer to just post nonsense about some "false idol"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

As long as you continue to bury your head in the sand and blindly support him you will never be able to see the light. Maybe if you didn't spend all your time trying to excuse Trump you could actually join the real world.

I am looking to you for advise - when did the President take the first swing? Without that, he must be thought of as a counter-puncher.

Your question has been responded to multiple times but you are so stuck on your false idol that you are unable to comprehend. Have fun in your own little world.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

No, the topic is about lack of civility. 

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

The discussion went towards the word "attack". I quite accurately pointed out that he is not an "attacker" but a "counter puncher". Granted neither can be called "being civil" but there is a big difference when you start to assess responsibility.

And you failed in your attempt to excuse Trump again. A counter-puncher doesn’t always throw the first punch.

It was not a defense of the President. It was a defense of the truth. I obviously succeeded where you are concerned since you were unable to offer more than an erroneous claim without pointing to a single instance of his throwing the first punch.

Then you need serious help in recognizing the truth.

I must admit - that deep, insightful, well thought out response is difficult;t to respond to. I am still awaiting the first instance of our President taking the first shot.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

The discussion went towards the word "attack". I quite accurately pointed out that he is not an "attacker" but a "counter puncher". Granted neither can be called "being civil" but there is a big difference when you start to assess responsibility.

And you failed in your attempt to excuse Trump again. A counter-puncher doesn’t always throw the first punch.

It was not a defense of the President. It was a defense of the truth. I obviously succeeded where you are concerned since you were unable to offer more than an erroneous claim without pointing to a single instance of his throwing the first punch.

I must admit - that deep, insightful, well thought out response is difficult;t to respond to. I am still awaiting the first instance of our President taking the first shot.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 51

How about that disabled reporter who wasn't even at that rally? How about what he said about Megyn Kelley just because she asked a question he didn't like? She asked other candidates questions they didn't like, but they didn't react the way he did. How about some of the things he has said about women? The beauty contestants, what he can do to women because he's so rich? How about his comment about Ted Cruz's wife? What did she do to cause him to be so horrible to her about her appearance?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 51

"Bend the truth?!" No, Trump is a compulsive liar. He lies even when he doesn't have to. He lied about his affairs, he lied about paying off his mistresses, he lied about crowd size, he lied about not having anything to do with his son's reply to his meeting with Russians at Trump Tower, he lied about denying knowing certain shady people, when it's well documented that he not only met with them, he did business with them. He has lied so many times, people don't believe him, if, and when he tells the truth. Not only that, but he puts his staff in a position to lie for him too. He lies to cover up his lies, and then lies to cover up the lies that covered up the lies. He has elevated the indeceny of lying to a new level. And, no, I will not tell my children that it's okay for someone to lie in order to carry out their duties. 

I imagine you had a screaming fit when Bill Clinton was caught in an adulterous lie. Right? Lying is wrong. Lying is sinful. Read your bible. Oh, but, yeah, I remember Trump saying that he has never done anything wrong that warrents asking God for forgiveness. (Another lie.)  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Oh - it;s not that trump supporters can't recognize the truth.

trumpies know full well the difference between truth and untruth - and are careful about which lies they tell where - its what keeps most of them out of jail over and over again...

They just think that their untruthful fabrications are believed by others.

They are aware that they are lying and fabricate all manner of facile, attractive, plausible sounding, trump world "alternate truths" that they know better than to believe themselves (see staying out of jail) but expect others to swallow hook,line and sinker.

After all, they swallowed enough of trump's lies to cause them to vote for him - didn't they?  

It's not that they are as thoroughly evil and corrupt as trump - they aren't...

But they cannot be expected to be truthful...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 51

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure 9152 , a " counter puncher " with lies. Go ahead and tell your grandchildren that lies are ok and see how that works out for them.

1A.) Lies are not OK. B.) Everybody lies. You, me, everyone. The world we live in.

But we are not talking about everyone here, we are talking about Presidents. So ...

2A.) Wait, Presidents are included in everyone. And B.) Every President lies. The world we live in.

Tell your grandchildren that leaders often feel they need to bend the truth while negotiating. Tell them that they often feel that they need to conceal facts while carrying out their duties. And tell them that while this is typical, it in no way makes lying good or even the best of all options. And then tell them that even though most people lie, most of us can learn to spot lies. So not only is lying not typically the best option, it is often widely seen through so the best of us learn to just tell the truth.

And then be sure to tell them to treat everyone with respect regardless of how they treat you. This is what it takes to be a grownup and this is what it takes to be a better person. Be best. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Kudos
Views