Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: If Donald Trump wants civility,

Message 41 of 51

Why is it only the Democrats that have to practice 'civility'? We don't have to look into the past to see the lack of 'civility' shown by the current President and his supporters which is either ignored or supported by the same ones who are decrying the lack of 'civility' in political discourse. @Snoopy, I think the answer to this one is you put your big boy pants on and fit into them or you continue to act like a group of kids up at the red lot learning some new swear words. The old, "Well, he is doing it, and we will too is getting no one, and I repeat, no one anywhere. This is not a "My dad can beat your dad up event. It is our future. Smart thing to do is do something useful.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 51

@rker321 wrote:

He is a counter-puncher.

Really? That's who you want your President to be? Someone who behaves like a five-year-old? Back in the good old days, Presidents didn't behave as if they were on the playground.

I mean, is that you how conduct your business and personal life? By screaming insults, calling people names and putting children in jail while lying to blame someone else? And then when someone politely asks you to, say, leave their restaurant, you tweet with intention to destroy their business, and screech "But civility!!!!" ? Is that how you live your life?

If not, why not, if you think it's a good way to run the country? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 51

@rker321 wrote:

To depend on Trump to be civil is a chimera      The man has always been a vulgarian. I don't think  that he can change that. 
And yes, the Democrats should display civility. otherwise we descend to his level and that is not the  goals of a winning Party.

So, please don't regret your civility, it s who you are .

He is a counter-puncher.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 51
@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why is it only the Democrats that have to practice 'civility'? We don't have to look into the past to see the lack of 'civility' shown by the current President and his supporters which is either ignored or supported by the same ones who are decrying the lack of 'civility' in political discourse.

Which Republican Member of Congress did you here of calling for people to create crowds to harass pols and staffers in gas stations, stores, etc.? Outside which Dem Cabinet Member did mobs gather screaming and yelling annoying the neighbors You guys have antifa to attack people engaged in legal, permitted events or speaking events - where is the counterpart? Which Dem Member had to give up his lease on his office because the daily screaming mobs in the street made commerce impossible for other tenants?

Back in the '80s I ran into Dante Fascell in the Safeway. We exchanged neighborly greetings. I did not follow Water's advise and gather a mob and let him know we didn't want him there.

About 10 years ago I happened to be eating at the same Italian restaurant as Steny Hoyer. Same deal we both nodded and smiled - and enjoyed our dinners.

I am a supporter of the agenda of President Trump. As such you claim I am not civil - any substantiation for that?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 51

#WALKAWAY

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 51

To depend on Trump to be civil is a chimera      The man has always been a vulgarian. I don't think  that he can change that. 
And yes, the Democrats should display civility. otherwise we descend to his level and that is not the  goals of a winning Party.

So, please don't regret your civility, it s who you are .

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 51

@Soosie wrote:
Ok - shouldn't the model of the kind of "civility" extended to Obama and return it in kind be the model for "civility" extended to trump and his followers and supporters?

@alferd...............What is it you want from anyone who did not treat Obama as you think should have happened? Do you plan to live in the past forever? I hope there comes a time that some people who are angry can begin to look forward. Until then, maybe OUR country can only look in the rear view mirror. I find it such a waste of potential success.

Why is it only the Democrats that have to practice 'civility'? We don't have to look into the past to see the lack of 'civility' shown by the current President and his supporters which is either ignored or supported by the same ones who are decrying the lack of 'civility' in political discourse.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 51

@Soosie wrote:
Ok - shouldn't the model of the kind of "civility" extended to Obama and return it in kind be the model for "civility" extended to trump and his followers and supporters?

@alferd...............What is it you want from anyone who did not treat Obama as you think should have happened? Do you plan to live in the past forever? I hope there comes a time that some people who are angry can begin to look forward. Until then, maybe OUR country can only look in the rear view mirror. I find it such a waste of potential success.

Yawn...

Whatever makes your giggle boil...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 51

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 51

So trump and his supporters now want "civility"...

We remind the pseudo-christian evangelicals that when the future first lady first nude model posed in photo shoots embracing other nude female models in a manner that deliberately implied female homosexual activity - they hypocritically looked the other way and said absolutely nothing about that...

How about using the following as examples of models for reciprocal civility?

DgqJFUaVMAEqLl1.jpg

Dgq_W3_Ir_U8_AERjl_G.jpg

Surely trump supporters can handle a return of the same kind of "civility" they dished out...    unless they are bigoted hate filled racist hypocrites unsuccessfully pretending to be decent, honest, honorable people...

And there's not the slightest question - such "reciprocal returns of civility" are - without the slightest shadow of doubt -  Constitutionally Protected First Amendment Free Speech and Symbolic Free Speech... 

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views