Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

IT'S MORE THAN THE MASKS, FOLKS

Message 1 of 1

I commend our local Publix grocery stores as, from the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, they took several positive steps to protect the health of their customers.

They did the following:

(1) Required all staff to wear masks

(2) Posted an employee at the entrance that sanitized each cart in your presence.

(3) Established "one way" aisles to reduce face to face personal contact

(4) Sanitized handles on the freezer cases continuously

(5) Made public announcements regularly regarding 6 ft spacing and have marked the flooring to assist customers in keeping their distance.

BUT THEN THERE ARE THE JERKS!!!!!!

(1) Customers that purposely refuse to wear masks.

(2) Customers who purposely touch each package of meat or each can of goods before making a decision or touch each package and buy nothing.

(3) Customers that purposely stand right next to you, right behind you, in close contact with you.

(4) Customers who purposely walk down the "one way" aisles the WRONG WAY. It isn't because they are confused because all of the aisles are well marked.

(5) Then there are even employees, who wear a mask to meet the letter of their employer's directive but purposely pull the mask down below their nose and/or mouth where it does no good. Hopefully, those employees won't be there next time I visit.

This crisis has to be met on a community basis, not on an individual basis.

That is the only way, scientifically, to beat a virus.

As long as there are JERKS roaming my grocery store, all of the steps the company has taken are reduced as to their effectiveness.

Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors