Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ISIS

Message 1 of 37

Well, Tx, it seems like you have gotten the klatch and the wannabes all stirred up and kudoing each other.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Criticizing Obama and then criticizing posters for saying something good and true about him is the "double standard".

Yes and isn't criticizing those who bring up Obama then making posts including him isn't?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The Obama Administration killed over 2/3 of ISIS members. If President Obama had another year in office, I'm sure he would have finished the job. The approximate number of ISIS members killed was 45,000. 

According to some liberals here, we are not supposed to bring up Obama or Hillary in discussions.  Even in this thread one poster has resented including him in a cartoon. You're kidding, right? Obama is part of the topic. 

So is that only supposed to apply to criticism but not to praising him?

Appears to be a double standard. Criticizing Obama and then criticizing posters for saying something good and true about him is the "double standard".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

@Cirice wrote:

Except that's not what you're insisting.

What you're insisting is that people can safely ignore the fact that racism is a problem in this country by simply not referring to race.

I was insisting that it is bordering on racism to keep referring specifically that Obama is 1) the first Black President....of course its true but including that everytime he is mentioned could be and 2) why is it necessary to do so continually....everyone knows he is, but why not refer to other Presidents as White if that is done.

His being President has nothing to do with racism. 

And I know what I'm insisting so I don't have to be told.  Period!!!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

What does making fun of our FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT over and over using grotesque caricatures of him seem funny to you?

Wouldn't it be considered racist bringing attention to him being a BLACK President rather than being a PRESIDENT?  Reverse discrimination?

Regarding CARICATURES of him, what about those that have been made of other Presidents?  Does Obama get a pass because of the color of his skin? 

Obama rates no special privileges that wouldn't apply to any other President.

Reverse discrimination... Otherwise known as human rights. Civil liberties. Emancipation. Equal opportunity. Anti-sexism. Anti-racism. EQUALITY.

That is what I was insisting....equal rights.  If the norm is to refer to Obama as a Black President then should we refer to the other Presidents by adding White President[s]?  Lets start referring to all equally.

Except that's not what you're insisting.

What you're insisting is that people can safely ignore the fact that racism is a problem in this country by simply not referring to race.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

@Soosie wrote:
According to some liberals here, we are not supposed to bring up Obama or Hillary in discussions. Even in this thread one poster has resented including him in a cartoon.@Tex.......wonder if I can bring up Bill? He was in S. C. and we made sure to lock up all the 15 year old females for their protection. Everytime I see him on TV or a photo, I wonder what is wrong with him. He looks terrible.

South Carolina put all teenage girls in jail to protect them from going to  University?

Sounds about right... 🙄

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

What does making fun of our FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT over and over using grotesque caricatures of him seem funny to you?

Wouldn't it be considered racist bringing attention to him being a BLACK President rather than being a PRESIDENT?  Reverse discrimination?

Regarding CARICATURES of him, what about those that have been made of other Presidents?  Does Obama get a pass because of the color of his skin? 

Reverse discrimination... Otherwise known as human rights. Civil liberties. Emancipation. Equal opportunity. Anti-sexism. Anti-racism. EQUALITY.

That is what I was insisting....equal rights.  If the norm is to refer to Obama as a Black President then should we refer to the other Presidents by adding White President[s]?  Lets start referring to all equally.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Are we now playing more childish games of name calling?  What does your post have to do with the topic?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Image result for judge judy eye rolling gif

Poor Judge Judy. She is being used by a troll who is trolling while whining about trolls.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors