Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ISIS Is Not Defeated.

Message 1 of 20

Personally, I never wanted the troops there in the first place and I'd  be happy to see them home, but ....

... no one with any degree of intelligence or honor supports random foreign policy/military decisions being made against the advice of every expert in the world, with no planning whatseover, without any warning to our allies and leaving them in serious jeopardy, and made solely to divert attention from President Grabber's legal problems, not for a single, solitary military/foreign policy reason.

You cannot do foreign policy/military policy on a whim. Can. Not. No one with the common sense that God gave turnips thinks it's a good idea to do so.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Our involvement in Syria has been to protect the people of Syria and the Kurds who have been fighting ISIS and the madman Assad. We've been doing this since 2014 with great effect, losing only 4 GIs while creating a "safe haven" in nearly 1/3d of the country for the people. One death per YEAR to stop the slaughter of innocent civilians AND support an effective war against ISIS is not a bad bargain.

But it keeps the Russian AirForce from carpet bombing Assad's enemies in part of Syria, so Putin ordered Der Trumper to get out, so he did.

Do you have a copy of the "orders" the President received or is that just one more of "those" facts?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

Our involvement in Syria has been to protect the people of Syria and the Kurds who have been fighting ISIS and the madman Assad. We've been doing this since 2014 with great effect, losing only 4 GIs while creating a "safe haven" in nearly 1/3d of the country for the people. One death per YEAR to stop the slaughter of innocent civilians AND support an effective war against ISIS is not a bad bargain.

But it keeps the Russian AirForce from carpet bombing Assad's enemies in part of Syria, so Putin ordered Der Trumper to get out, so he did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@mandm84 wrote:

Pull our brave Troops out of Syria , just as Putin has ordered , but the wilfully blind see nothing. Sit back and watch our partner Kurds get slaughtered. Remember the right wing poster attacks on Obama when he brought our brave Troops home from Iraq ? Well where is the same out cry from the right wing posters now ?

We have posters here who also think they know more than the Generals , saying that ISIS is "well beaten up". Better run that one by our real 4 Star Generals and not rely on Faux "news"

Are you a proponent of us involving our troops in civil wars all over the world. And, can you offer the Fox quotes you are referring to? It amazes me how Fox lives rent free in the minds of the left.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@Snoopy48 wrote:

The only ones cheering Trump’s action with respect to troops in Syria are those who attacked Obama for r following through on Bush’s agreement to pull our troops out of Iraq.

I don’t have a problem with any troops leaving a war front but this action shouldn’t have come as a major surprise to our military leaders.

How about the families of those coming home? Do you think they might be cheering?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@rk9152

This isn’t about hatred towards trump. It is about him being a lying, idiot in military matters. And to try to prevent the slaughter of our allies, the Kurds. 

Not anything good here concerning trump...apparently even Mattis feels that way too!

The only strange road is the one that trump and supporters are traveling. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

President Trump hit back Thursday at GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, his normally reliable ally, for opposing his decision to pull US troops out of Syria.

“So hard to believe that Lindsey Graham would be against saving soldier lives & billions of $$$,” the president said in a tweet.

“Why are we fighting for our enemy, Syria, by staying & killing ISIS for them, Russia, Iran & other locals? Time to focus on our Country & bring our youth back home where they belong!” he added.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/trump-hits-back-at-graham-over-syria-criticism/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

Pull our brave Troops out of Syria , just as Putin has ordered , but the wilfully blind see nothing. Sit back and watch our partner Kurds get slaughtered. Remember the right wing poster attacks on Obama when he brought our brave Troops home from Iraq ? Well where is the same out cry from the right wing posters now ?

We have posters here who also think they know more than the Generals , saying that ISIS is "well beaten up". Better run that one by our real 4 Star Generals and not rely on Faux "news"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

The only ones cheering Trump’s action with respect to troops in Syria are those who attacked Obama for r following through on Bush’s agreement to pull our troops out of Iraq.

I don’t have a problem with any troops leaving a war front but this action shouldn’t have come as a major surprise to our military leaders.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Isis is NOT defeated as 45 said in his tweet.  The only people who "believe" that Isis is defeated, is Trump's base because they believe anything their man says.  However, whether Isis is defeated or not is not what I'm really concerned about here (even though it is truly a concern).  What I am concerned about is "WHO" contacted Trump and told him to pull out of Syria.  For I do not believe that Trump suddenly came up with this very major decision by himself.  Somebody TOLD him to do it and I do not believe that that  "request/order" came from any of the agencies within the U.S. government which might handle such matters.  I believe the ORDER came down from either Russia or Turkey and that this move somehow feeds into their hidden agenda.   Moreover, what is the most terrifying part of all of this is the fact that as I have said before, I believe Trump has been totally compromised by foreign goverment(s) as he is a man without a moral compass or loyalty to country or the American people.  In Trump World, the only one or thing that matters is Trump and his dynasty.   The rest of us are nothing more than serfs and fodder for the coming fire.

As previously posted, ISIS is just one of an unending row of armed groups following the jihadist ideology. I agree an ideology like that cannot be defeated on the battlefield. That is why, as many now complaining have said, we have been at war in that region longer than any time in our history.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors