Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS WHERE COMEDY IS GOING???

Message 21 of 26

I had no problems with Wolf, what she said and how she said it.  Sure, some of it didn't get laughs - but was pretty much dead on target.

Some people didn't/don't like Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Richard Prior, Bill Maher, Dick Gregory, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Gilbert Gottfried, Lewis Black, Dick Gregory  etc - I've always liked them a lot. - will never forget Dick Gregory's comment about MLK stamps -  “I am really enjoying the new Martin Luther King Jr, stamp. Just think about all those white bigots, licking the backside of a black man.” 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Richvawrote:

@dj146wrote:

I agree with you 100% . It is amazing just how low some people will go when they have a camra & a microphone in there hand. IMO she is a person with absolutly NO class what so ever.

Were you talking about Wolf or Trump? 

I think you know since Trump wasn't there and he said "she" for the leftmost readers.

Ah, Thank you. I did miss that nuance.  A natural mistake,  it was a post about Wolf which also very accurately described Trump. I appreciate the clarification. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

@Richvawrote:

@dj146wrote:

I agree with you 100% . It is amazing just how low some people will go when they have a camra & a microphone in there hand. IMO she is a person with absolutly NO class what so ever.

I think you know since Trump wasn't there and he said "she" for the leftmost readers.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

@dj146wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

http://voiceyouropinion.proboards.com/
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

IS THIS WHERE COMEDY IS GOING???

Message 26 of 26

I believe in the First Amendment.

I believe that "SPANKY" Trump and his family were involved in illegal activities during the campaign.

I believe the the "SPANKY" Trump Administration has been involved in illegal activities since day one.

I believe that "SPANKY" Trump lies, exaggerates, and misdirects.

I believe "SPANKY" Trump's Press Secretary does the same.

I believe "SPANKY" Trump to be wholly unqualified for his position.

I believe "SPANKY" Trump purpose in his Cabinet appointments has been to reverse progress.

I believe "SPANKY" Trump is either thought of, on the international stage, as the court jester or a dangerous man.

I frankly believe that "SPANKY" Trump is the worst President ever elected and things are getting worse.

With that said, I like comedy.

I like satire.

I like satire with a cutting edge like that practiced by Jon Stewart, Trevor Noah, and Stephen Colbert.

I like satirical skits like those of Saturday Night Live, SCTV, 2nd City, and many other groups, past and present.

BUT I DIDN'T LIKE MICHELLE WOLF, THE FEATURED COMEDIAN AT THE CORRESPONDENT'S DINNER.

I found her to be too raunchy, too gross, too vulgar, and too foul-mouthed so as to not being comedic to me; but rather being improper and in bad taste.

It is not that I don't agree with some of the "subjects" she dealt with(like an RNC official who was against abortion until he impregnated his Playboy Bunny girlfriend); I just thought her delivery went too far.

So, from you liberals like me, and those of you from the other side, what do you think?????

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs