Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS THE ONLY POLITICAL GROUP ON AARP COMMUNITY?

Message 1 of 21

@rker321 wrote:

@CharMi1949 wrote:

I am  guessing that you would like to know about the Democrats that are running. Personally I feel that they will probably start dropping out once they don't get the funds that they need in order to run a campaign.

I am not going to support any too much to the left type of candidate, I personally don't like Sanders, and didn't like him in 3026 either. I believe he likes to throw out slogan of things that will not have a chance of happening. Like Medicare for All and Free Educaction for all.

To me those are more slogans than reality.

I see that not that many speak about climate change. and  although their primary goal is to win they should really express what they are all about. and come up with real ways of implementing the policicies that they like.

This is too early to make any decission. on any of them. so I will wait and see what happens.

I wish that more Republican had the courage to run I would conside some of them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Actual debate seems to be a thing of the past here. The most prolific poster here is a right winger who replies to most every left wing post with nothing but distractions and trollish endless questions. Hang around, you'll identify this poster fairly quickly. These days it is more 'jousting' than 'debate'.  I wish they still allowed private groups here.

Of course there is ore 'jousting' than debate, but which faction or poster(s) is responsible for that?  Some seem to think that only one partisan opinion is allowed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

@CharMi1949 wrote:

I used to post almost daily on the old board and was called a "liberal looney toon" and other stupid names.     

Then again wasn't you a co-moderator in a private group on the old board until you left the forums?  The main open group with this name was wide open, nicknamed 'the swamp', but our group had good civil discussions

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

CharMi , I too feel the Democratic field is way too big and hope you stay aboard our site to discuss the 2020 election. I'm a registered Independent , but see the Republican's cutting Social Security , Medicare and Medicaid. The Democrats and Independent's are fighting to strengthen and preserve our Earned Benefits.

Proof is in their recent action.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

@CharMi1949 wrote:

I used to post almost daily on the old board and was called a "liberal looney toon" and other stupid names.  That is why I didn't post as much in this group (or the group with the same name on the old board).  This group was always known as having a bunch of crazies who were never able to back up any of their crazy theories.  All they knew was name calling, lying, and attempts at bullying (a lot like trump).  Things have not changed much in the 7-8 years since I was a regular at AARP.

My brother still hangs around here once in a while, but I just got tired of it.  I'm interested in all the candidates in the Democratic Primary.  I personally think some of them should just drop out now and leave a less crowded field, but that is just me.  I doubt I will get intelligent conversation about that on here, but I may hang for a while.  I'm beginning to think there is no way of avoiding the "trolls" no matter where I go.   

There used to be some more centrist Republican posters here who would actually discuss issues and provide middle of the road sources to validate their points. The majority of those middle of the road rational right wing posters seem to have left here. The majority of right wing posters that are still here ignore any sources given except for Fox, Brietbart, and even more radical right organizations. Actual debate seems to be a thing of the past here. The most prolific poster here is a right winger who replies to most every left wing post with nothing but distractions and trollish endless questions. Hang around, you'll identify this poster fairly quickly. These days it is more 'jousting' than 'debate'.  I wish they still allowed private groups here.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

@CharMi1949 wrote:

I used to post almost daily on the old board and was called a "liberal looney toon" and other stupid names.  That is why I didn't post as much in this group (or the group with the same name on the old board).  This group was always known as having a bunch of crazies who were never able to back up any of their crazy theories.  All they knew was name calling, lying, and attempts at bullying (a lot like trump).  Things have not changed much in the 7-8 years since I was a regular at AARP.

My brother still hangs around here once in a while, but I just got tired of it.  I'm interested in all the candidates in the Democratic Primary.  I personally think some of them should just drop out now and leave a less crowded field, but that is just me.  I doubt I will get inteligent conversation about that on here, but I may hang for a while.  I'm beginning to think there is no way of avoiding the "trolls" no matter where I go.   

I am extremely glad that you have decided to give us a try. I will now tell you about me.

I am a Republican but not a Trump follower, I will gladly discuss with you about the Democrats that are running for President and which ones I think will have any chance of success.
I am not a Liberal, and I am not a conservative, I consider myself more of a centrist. I do hope to show you if you stay that you will find some Liberals, some centrists and some conservatives. I consider them mostly not crazy and most of them are pretty intelligent. we do not insult each other or call stupid names to each other that is  actually prohibited under our TOS  rules, so I don't think you will see that. I am known to criticize both liberals and Conservative alike. I don't call anyone here names. or insult them. and if anyone does or goes over that line I report them.

so welcome.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

My brother still hangs around here once in a while, but I just got tired of it.  I'm interested in all the candidates in the Democratic Primary.  I personally think some of them should just drop out now and leave a less crowded field, but that is just me.  I doubt I will get inteligent conversation about that on here, but I may hang for a while.  I'm beginning to think there is no way of avoiding the "trolls" no matter where I go.   

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

CharMi1949 posted...

Does anyone know of a group on here where I can join to discuss politics in a civil manner, without being harassed by right wingers and Trump lovers. A few years back, I was on here a lot, as we had several different groups for people with different political views.

I am not interested in getting into fights and silly debates with right wingers. I just want to discuss politics in a civil, intelligent manner. I would really like to discuss the Democratic Primary candidates and other things happening in politics, without name calling.

Does such a group exist on here, or anywhere else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try ....Take Refuge Forums...its almost all left wingers and from with what you posted you should like it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@Soosie wrote:

This is just a general reply, but the way some in this group write and sound like they have superior intelligence and call anyone who supports the President a cult member "hocks me off".  I have been tolerant enough of those who don't even start a sentence with a capital letter, those who jumble up words and don't know the difference between a verb and an adjective.  If some of us are expected to turn a blind eye to this and the silly, child like LOL, LOL, then perhaps some others can practice some tolerance as well.  After all, darlings, it takes two to Tango.  Some on here need to get over themselves.  You are not as brilliant as your mind suggests.  We cult, as you like to call us tolerated your past King and his wife without going nuts.  Maybe you can put on your big boy shorts and big girl panties and do the same.

I do hope that you can see how civil our posts happen to be and those who ciriciize others do it in  such a nice manner. but we all do accept differnce of opinions.  LOL  LOL  LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

This is just a general reply, but the way some in this group write and sound like they have superior intelligence and call anyone who supports the President a cult member "hocks me off".  I have been tolerant enough of those who don't even start a sentence with a capital letter, those who jumble up words and don't know the difference between a verb and an adjective.  If some of us are expected to turn a blind eye to this and the silly, child like LOL, LOL, then perhaps some others can practice some tolerance as well.  After all, darlings, it takes two to Tango.  Some on here need to get over themselves.  You are not as brilliant as your mind suggests.  We cult, as you like to call us tolerated your past King and his wife without going nuts.  Maybe you can put on your big boy shorts and big girl panties and do the same.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22