Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS STILL THE USA, Really!

Message 61 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

I feel that we only have been told half of the story. and in order for me to start screaming kidnapping  and Nazis  and everything else. I need to know what are the charges that they had in order to put a legal resident in a detention center.

Yes, we only know a partial part of the reason he was picked up.  There are certain reasons that residency can be revoked.  There is something mentioned about a conviction for domestic abuse back in 2001. 

I have no doubt that the full story isn't being given, just the usual sob story without all the facts.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 65

‘This is like Nazi Germany, our freedoms are being ripped away from right under our noses.

I'm with Natalie Garcia, not Republicans.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 65

Before I can start judging as to what happened to this man. I would like to have clarify  certain things that I don't understand

The poster is saying that this individual was taken to a detention center and that this individual was a green card holder of 30 years, 
So, what are the charges? They can't say that he is an illegal or an undocumented person. so what are the charges?
I feel that we only have been told half of the story. and in order for me to start screaming kidnapping  and Nazis  and everything else. I need to know what are the charges that they had in order to put a legal resident in a detention center.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 65

The bigots will chastise your post and defend any actions of our new fuhrer.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

IS THIS STILL THE USA, Really!

Message 65 of 65

Natalie Garcia and her large family usually celebrate Father’s Day with a barbecue, potluck and pool party at the cozy San Fernando Valley home she shares with her parents.

But this year, she’s planning to visit her dad at the Theo Lacy detention center in Orange County after the green card holder of 30 years was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers in front of their home on June 10. He now faces potential deportation.

“It’s not OK for our fathers to be kidnapped in our country,” a passionate Natalie Garcia, 32, said from their bustling Arleta house three days after his detention. “This is America. You never expect your loved one to be ripped away from you in front of your home.”quoted from CNN. 

‘This is like Nazi Germany, our freedoms are being ripped away from right under our noses. I believe in strong immigration laws, not a wall! This person was arrested on misdemeanor from 18 years ago. Has ICE run out of easy pickings. The president says the taking away of babies at the border is a Democrat law thing. I say it’s just Trumps way of exerting his strength and power. Last week he said he really respected Kim Jon’s power and making his fellow country men stand at attention when in the presence of his greatness. Come on Trump we will never stand at attention for you! 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors