Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS STILL THE USA, Really!

Message 51 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

Chasky,  please don't get emotional on me   please.

Please, one "please" per sentence; please.  Smiley Very Happy

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 65

Chasky,  please don't get emotional on me   please.

The guy is not an illegal alien they guy committed a deportable offense many years ago. the guy has rights that an attorney could help eliminate. Easy, family gets attorney, the guy will be released.  Who knows, he may have had a "friend"  that alerted ICE about this guy just because. they investigated and found a reason. But, like I have said, his misdemeanor can be easily dealt with,  hire an attorney.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 65

@KidBoy2 wrote:
BigBobbyS posted..

"‘This is like Nazi Germany, our freedoms are being ripped away from right under our noses. I believe in strong immigration laws, not a wall!"

=============================

No our country is not like Nazi Germany...get real..please!

I would like to hear the complete story. Did he have a record? Illegal or legal you are subject to laws.
Very simple .......... if you paid attention you wouldn't have to ask some of the questions that you ask. He is here legally, he plead guilty to a misdemeanor offense long ago. Please pay attention.

The wall..I say we need everything that will stop illegals including the wall. We hear about all the children being separated from their parents...very sad and I feel for they...but their parents broke are laws...is that OK with you?..it is not with me. Why bring up illegals? This guy was not an illegal.

I understand that Illegals have a right to a hearing before they can be deported. That with all the illegals its taking time and costing our country big bucks...the answer is to stop illegals from getting into our country...we can not stop all but we can do a better job. Again, this guy wasn't illegal.

Everyday we have children of legal parents being taken away because of things that their parents have done that also is sad and is not the fault of the children. Can you give examples of children being taken away from American parents and put into tent facilities over a misdemeanor?  Ignoring my post is admission that you cannot.

Obey our laws and there would not be a problem...can you agree with that? If not why? This guy was not an illegal immigrant, he plead guilty long ago for a misdemeanor. Give examples of Americans having their children taken away and housed in a tent facility  for a misdemeanor they plead guilty to years ago. Instead you can ignore my post and show admission that you cannot.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 65

There are a lot of rules and regulation by which a legal resident can be deported. but also
Even if the immigration authorities believe that you are deportable, you will not be kicked out of the country right away. In most cases (unless, for example, there is an outstanding order of removal in your file), you have a right to defend your case in immigration court. For some types of deportability, the law may provide a waiver (legal forgiveness) that you can apply for. Definitely get expert help from a lawyer's help if you are facing removal proceedings or believe you may have become deportable.

Even  in all cases, they will not deport a legal resident just because,  He can request a waiver(legal forgiveness)  for his offense  so many years ago. agian hire an attorneey, and next time consider citizenahip. it does heop in the end.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 65

Can we deport Rob Porter and David Sorenson, too? Daddy Vladdy surely has some room.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 65

Look  a conviction of domestic abuse that was cleared up so many years ago, does not create the deportation of an individual. so. I still say that we don't know the whole story. and if it is like his daughter has sated, I suggest very strongly to hire an attorney because someone has not followed the law.  and that man as a legal resident do have rights. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 65

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Actually, the similarities are shocking....

Before Hitler rose to power, he talked about hate for Jews, "Adolf Hitler had provided clues to his ambition to commit mass genocide as early as 1922, telling journalist Josef Hell, “Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews.”

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/first-moments-hitlers-final-solution-180961387/#4c8xlvrhBfTls...

Before trump rose to power, he talked of his hate for immigrants, both Muslim and those from Central America.

Like Hitler, who was a far right-wing extremists, he used his law enforcement to round up the Jews and put them into camps;

Like trump, who appeals most to the far-right-wing extremists, he uses law enforcement to round up legal residents and put them into camps/detention centers;....

Yep, very similar to Nazi Germany.....but of course, the far-right-wing extremists will deny it.  Get REAL, PLEASE!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 65
BigBobbyS posted..

"‘This is like Nazi Germany, our freedoms are being ripped away from right under our noses. I believe in strong immigration laws, not a wall!"

=============================

I would like to hear the complete story. Did he have a record? Illegal or legal you are subject to laws.

The wall..I say we need everything that will stop illegals including the wall. We hear about all the children being separated from their parents...very sad and I feel for they...but their parents broke are laws...is that OK with you?..it is not with me.

I understand that Illegals have a right to a hearing before they can be deported. That with all the illegals its taking time and costing our country big bucks...the answer is to stop illegals from getting into our country...we can not stop all but we can do a better job.

Everyday we have children of legal parents being taken away because of things that their parents have done that also is sad and is not the fault of the children.

Obey our laws and there would not be a problem...can you agree with that? If not why?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 65

It really isn't that difficult to discern....

"Natalie Garcia said she was told by immigration officials that her father’s detention was related to a 2001 misdemeanor conviction, to which he pleaded no contest, that stemmed from a domestic violence dispute with their mother. Separately, online Los Angeles Superior Court records indicate he was convicted more than three decades ago for knowingly violating a protective order, also a misdemeanor.

ICE arrested more than 160 people in a three-day Los Angeles-area operation this week that targeted  “criminal aliens, illegal re-entrants and immigration fugitives,” according to the agency. In a news release about the operation, it referred to domestic violence as a serious offense.

Meanwhile, Jose Luis Garcia’s children say he’s a model resident and they are waging a high-stakes battle to get their father released.

The father of five grown children, nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren will ultimately face an immigration judge, who will determine whether he has a legal basis to remain in the country."

This won’t be the Father’s Day this LA family expected, after ICE detains immigrant dad

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 65
While the statement did not specify what the nature of his “past criminal convictions” was, Natalie confirmed to the Mercury News that her father had been convicted of misdemeanor domestic assault nearly two decades ago, and had long since completed his sentence, which included anger management courses.

Speaking with KABC, Natalie described her father as a model resident and the sole provider for his family. “He’s a taxpayer. He’s a homeowner. He’s been a homeowner,” she said. “He’s worked in the same job for more than 35 years.”
Is this not what we are looking for in immigrants coming to America, excuse me for not giving the whole story but it looks like the Trump people are looking for anything to bolster their cause this man is not really presidential material. He is a loser!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors