Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS STILL THE USA, Really!

Message 31 of 65

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The bigots will chastise your post and defend any actions of our new fuhrer.

I understand the "fuhrer" is one of the go-to thingies when no rational comment is available. But, think for a moment - were thousands of people sneaking into Nazi Germany illegally??

Another lame straw argument....there weren't the conditions that exist in central  America in France, Italy and other locations in Europe.  Though I'd bet Hitler would be more far more humane than the trump administration.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 65

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

No our country is not like Nazi Germany...get real..please!

Actually, the similarities are shocking....

Before Hitler rose to power, he talked about hate for Jews, "Adolf Hitler had provided clues to his ambition to commit mass genocide as early as 1922, telling journalist Josef Hell, “Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews.”

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/first-moments-hitlers-final-solution-180961387/#4c8xlvrhBfTls...

Before trump rose to power, he talked of his hate for immigrants, both Muslim and those from Central America.

Like Hitler, who was a far right-wing extremists, he used his law enforcement to round up the Jews and put them into camps;

Like trump, who appeals most to the far-right-wing extremists, he uses law enforcement to round up legal residents and put them into camps/detention centers;....

Yep, very similar to Nazi Germany.....but of course, the far-right-wing extremists will deny it.  Get REAL, PLEASE!!!

When did "illegal immigrant" become a religion. Who are these "legal residents" being put in "camps"? And placing someone in a detention center prior to their being taken back home does not quite compare to gas chambers. You are letting your hatred push you further and further off the deep end.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 65

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The bigots will chastise your post and defend any actions of our new fuhrer.

I understand the "fuhrer" is one of the go-to thingies when no rational comment is available. But, think for a moment - were thousands of people sneaking into Nazi Germany illegally??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 65

@williamb39198 wrote:

Sob story no way! But it sounds like what is being said here is that it is great that ice picked up this criminal!

What have we sunk to as a nation. And what have many sunk to by listening to trump and sessions. How far has the bar been lowered on our conscience and moral fiber?

that’s sad

On this particular subject, it seems to me that you have a very limited knowledge about the immigration laws of the US.
In this particular case, ICE  acted correctly by detaining and green card holder that has a deportable offense. 
What the family should have done from the beginning was to hire an immigration attorney to resolve this issue.

The story in this particular case did not tell us the complete story. or explained the situation. We just saw the emotions of this family to see their father being detained. Which I imagine must have been quite frightening.
So please, do a little of research of immigration laws and then come here and really   discuss this particular issue.

There is a lot to criticize reagarding what is happening today at the border bue let's not confuse issues and situations that have nothing to do with  the separation of children from their mothers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 65

Sob story no way! But it sounds like what is being said here is that it is great that ice picked up this criminal!

What have we sunk to as a nation. And what have many sunk to by listening to trump and sessions. How far has the bar been lowered on our conscience and moral fiber?

that’s sad

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 65

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Everyday we have children of legal parents being taken away because of things that their parents have done that also is sad and is not the fault of the children.

Obey our laws and there would not be a problem...can you agree with that? If not why?

No reasonable answer to that.

How long is a green card valid for?
Renewing Your 10-Year Green Card. You should renew your Green Card if you are a permanent resident and your card is valid for 10 years and is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months. You may begin the renewal process by: Filing online Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.Aug 3, 2016

Did he have a valid Green Card?

Yes, he had a valid green card. that is not the issue. the issue is that the family is not doing at this point what I would have done under the same circumstances, I would have gotten hold of an attorney immediately and solved the problem/
His problem is easy to resolve . if he only had a misdemeanor years ago. 
I am aware of the rules and regulations that you need to know when you obtain a green card, and aware of what are the deportable offenses. for   green card holders. that is why it is important for a green card holder to apply for citizenship when the time comes. it will spare you of a lot of problems.
to me the most important was  that I could vote for the sob's   that I didn't like in politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 65
Everyday we have children of legal parents being taken away because of things that their parents have done that also is sad and is not the fault of the children.

Obey our laws and there would not be a problem...can you agree with that? If not why?

No reasonable answer to that.

How long is a green card valid for?
Renewing Your 10-Year Green Card. You should renew your Green Card if you are a permanent resident and your card is valid for 10 years and is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months. You may begin the renewal process by: Filing online Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.Aug 3, 2016

Did he have a valid Green Card?
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 65
rker posted..

Will that family stop crying and hire an attorney. and their father could have been eating brunch with them today if they have bothered.
Please, start by getting real. yes the guy was taken by ICE hire an attorney and case is closed.

======================

Yes, that is the USA!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 65

@gruffstuff wrote:

‘This is like Nazi Germany, our freedoms are being ripped away from right under our noses.

I'm with Natalie Garcia, not Republicans.

Which of your freedoms have been "ripped away"?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 65

Will that family stop crying and hire  an attorney. and their father could have been eating brunch with them today if they have bothered.
Please,  start by getting real. yes the guy was taken by ICE  hire an attorney and case is closed.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors