Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS THIS STILL THE USA, Really!

Message 11 of 65

This thing just keeps sinking. Now we have another poster hiding under his/her/it's covers at night quivering in fear and another so totally hate filled that he/she/it sputters something about having secure borders is like Nazis in C-ville.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 65

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The bigots will chastise your post and defend any actions of our new fuhrer.

I understand the "fuhrer" is one of the go-to thingies when no rational comment is available. But, think for a moment - were thousands of people sneaking into Nazi Germany illegally??

Another lame straw argument....there weren't the conditions that exist in central  America in France, Italy and other locations in Europe.  Though I'd bet Hitler would be more far more humane than the trump administration.

What is lame and, if you prefer "straw" is the comparison between efforts for secure borders and the Nazi gas chambers.

I gotta tell ya - "Hitler" is not the answer to everything. Occasionally you really should broaden your thinking horizons.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 65

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The bigots will chastise your post and defend any actions of our new fuhrer.

I understand the "fuhrer" is one of the go-to thingies when no rational comment is available. But, think for a moment - were thousands of people sneaking into Nazi Germany illegally??

Nothing in your reply shows what I posted to be untrue.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 65

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Tx what you are saying is that ICE  is actually spying on legal immigrants in this country. and I am sure that is against any privacy laws. YOu have to have a reason to look into databases

You would think that ICE did't have the authority to compare their databases against other departments for informations as to violations of immigration laws? 

Is "you would think" based upon knowledge of verified fact?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

Tx what you are saying is that ICE  is actually spying on legal immigrants in this country. and I am sure that is against any privacy laws. YOu have to have a reason to look into databases

You would think that ICE did't have the authority to compare their databases against other departments for informations as to violations of immigration laws? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 65

@rker321

Spying on- NO

Monitoring - Yes

The term "Alien" means any person not a citizen or national of the United States.

As a condition of being legally in this country - they have a responsibility to not break laws.

If they do, it could lead to deportation.

ICE: Immigration Enforcement - Criminal Alien Program

At the top of the ICE page at the above link - you can click on "What We Do" and it will give you other ways they can find and deal with Criminal Activity of an Alien - legal or illegal.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 65

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Yes, but that was in an official use situation.  I had access to records of every member of the Army.  But you did not have the ability to search through databases for violations that could result in deportations.  And the ICE people didn't have to sit down and do that searching as it no doubt was done automatically.  Each branch office probably makes the decision to deport violations within their area of responsibility when convenient.

Or perhaps they were reviewing his renewal for a green card and the violation popped up in the renewal application. 

Remember the administration has instituted a no tolerance program.

Tx what you are saying is that ICE  is actually spying on legal immigrants in this country. and I am sure that is against any privacy laws. YOu have to have a reason to look into databases and yes, I had to have reasons that I had to document for going to the IRS  and looking into taxes, or DMV and criminal  records, and Immigration and look into green card holders status. 
I would have been fired if I had abused those privileges.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

I am just saying that under the present circumstances ICE  is not going to sit down and star searching who they can pick up today. They have thousands of illegals that they can pick up without using the computer.  so please  as usual. don't confuse the subject. I had in my computer the ability to go to INS and see the status of any  green card holder.  I only search when my job required me to do so.

Yes, but that was in an official use situation.  I had access to records of every member of the Army.  But you did not have the ability to search through databases for violations that could result in deportations.  And the ICE people didn't have to sit down and do that searching as it no doubt was done automatically.  Each branch office probably makes the decision to deport violations within their area of responsibility when convenient.

Or perhaps they were reviewing his renewal for a green card and the violation popped up in the renewal application. 

Remember the administration has instituted a no tolerance program.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 65

Fisher  a misdemeanor of 20 years or older is not going to have a green card holder deported.
that is a silly concept. And not you don't have to be perfect. I am not perfect but I never had a conviction or did anything illegal while I was a green card holder.
Repspecting the law is a responsibility that we all have. and it does have consequences when you don't
Even today, I just had to do a background check,  with fingerprints, and if I had had a conviction it would have affected what I was going to do. and I am a citizen of thid country. 
Your recond is forever it doesn't have a time that is erased.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 65

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Contrary to your beliefs. ICE  doesn't have the time to sit down and research in the computer all the green card holders that they can go and pick up. 

To the contrary, there is the ability to use or create programs to search databases of green card holders, immigrants, naturalized citizens for certain information.  Perhaps ICE had a program written that would correlate databases to find specific information?

When in the military and my association with the IT field, I've had many requests by authorized officials to run searches for specific information from our databases.  Mainframe computers are more powerful than you think.

TX, Tx, Tx.  I didn't say that there were no program that could detect a green card holder and see if he had been convicted of not. 
I am just saying that under the present circumstances ICE  is not going to sit down and star searching who they can pick up today. They have thousands of illegals that they can pick up without using the computer.  so please  as usual. don't confuse the subject. I had in my computer the ability to go to INS and see the status of any  green card holder.  I only search when my job required me to do so.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors