Help the victims of Hurricane Michael. Donate now and AARP Foundation will match the first $500,000 in contributions.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS BEING NEGATIVE A DISEASE???

Message 11 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

Out here in the real world - if it can't be proved - claiming that it's true is lying - you know - like liddle donnie does twice as often as he tells the truth...

So can that sentence be proved?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@Alferd................I asked a question. I didn't ask for a comparison. There is no mention of a person, just a condition. Once again, Is being negative a disease? I think this is a prime example of what happens on this board. Someone always tries to divert or as one poster so often mentions "going off topic."

No diversion here.  Is being negative about Hillary, Obama, or 'the left' a "disease"?  Is being negative about older folks in this discussion group a "disease"?

There is a vast difference between disagreeing with a pol's agenda and ideology and posting "Trump sucks" or "the pig in the WH". One is the nature of politics, the other is blind, unreasoning hatred or the negativity that is the topic.

"rk" gets to say what he thinks about trump - and others get to say what they think about trump.

"rk" can say things in an attempt to throw shade on others - but that doesn't make any of those things true - without empirically proved facts to establish the validity of his allegations...

Out here in the real world - if it can't be proved - claiming that it's true is lying - you know - like liddle donnie does twice as often as he tells the truth...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 36

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@Alferd................I asked a question. I didn't ask for a comparison. There is no mention of a person, just a condition. Once again, Is being negative a disease? I think this is a prime example of what happens on this board. Someone always tries to divert or as one poster so often mentions "going off topic."

No diversion here.  Is being negative about Hillary, Obama, or 'the left' a "disease"?  Is being negative about older folks in this discussion group a "disease"?

There is a vast difference between disagreeing with a pol's agenda and ideology and posting "Trump sucks" or "the pig in the WH". One is the nature of politics, the other is blind, unreasoning hatred or the negativity that is the topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 36

@Soosie wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 36

No doubt the definition of the word "disease" can be (and has been) nit-picked. But regardless, negativity is mental condition that can certainly lead to unhappiness if not "official" disease.

When it comes to politics there will always be differences of opinion - that is natural. To me the difference between negativity and healthy discussion is the difference between, "You're wrong (and then an insult)" and "I disagree because......".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 36

@Epster wrote:

@alferdpacker  I'm not your dearie. Believe this if nothing else.

gdpit_com_96762788_72.gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 36

@BigLib wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Now, don't you think I would be petty if I came back at you with what so many of you are angry about? If I did this, I would be making a negative remark about your former black President. Instead of concentrating on his skin, hair, fingers, or wife I have only said I didn't think he was an effective leader and he said, "Uh, Uh" too many times when he spoke.

Who do you suppose posted this little gem?

Netflex.jpg

Still waiting for a source on those supposed numbers, too. Because without any validation, it's nothing but pure negativity.

Oh my!  Negativity is such a really, really bad thing, isn't it?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 36

@alferdpacker  I'm not your dearie. Believe this if nothing else.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 36

@alferdpacker  I suggest you keep an open mind and keep reading/researching.  It's out there already,  and time will only bring us more data. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 36

@Soosie wrote:

Now, don't you think I would be petty if I came back at you with what so many of you are angry about? If I did this, I would be making a negative remark about your former black President. Instead of concentrating on his skin, hair, fingers, or wife I have only said I didn't think he was an effective leader and he said, "Uh, Uh" too many times when he spoke.

Who do you suppose posted this little gem?

Netflex.jpg

Still waiting for a source on those supposed numbers, too. Because without any validation, it's nothing but pure negativity.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views