What's a 'skimmer scam?' Find out on AARP Live. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS BEING NEGATIVE A DISEASE???

Message 21 of 36

@Epster- according to the NIH and the National Cancer Insitute - 

"Although stress can cause a number of physical health problems, the evidence that it can cause cancer is weak. Some studies have indicated a link between various psychological factors and an increased risk of developing cancer, but others have not.

Apparent links between psychological stress and cancer could arise in several ways. For example, people under stress may develop certain behaviors, such as smoking, overeating, or drinking alcohol, which increase a person’s risk for cancer. Or someone who has a relative with cancer may have a higher risk for cancer because of a shared inherited risk factor, not because of the stress induced by the family member’s diagnosis"

.Psychological Stress and Cancer - National Cancer Institute 

Yes dearie - they know way more about it than you do.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Epster- There is absolutely NO valid scientific evidence drawn from valid scientific research that has been validated by parallel peer scientific research - any of which has ever proved that negativity causes cancer.

No matter how convincing it may sound and appear - it's pseudo-science.

Real valid science has never proved that negativity causes cancer - that's no more  factual and provable than the bogus allegation that childhood immunizations/vaccines cause autism - the charlatan that came up with that lie has had his license to practice medicine revoked - and that revocation has been recognized by most nations in the civilized world...

Lots of people are making lots of money from believers in pseudo-science...

Of course there is nothing in the ICD-9, nor the DSM-V specifically noting such as a disease.

Other than that, Soosie, "chum" away.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

@Soosie wrote:

You posters can continue with the negative, bully remarks, but keep in mind there is a lot of proof in Epster's post. You are hurting your well being much more than you hurt mine.

Me:

Oh yeah, I've posted this information from numerous sources (Yes, peer reviewed medical research) over and over and over again in my years here.

Let those with ears hear.  That's all I have to say about that. Smiley Happy  (OK, plus this: @Soosie , we're probably gonna outlive them all. And we'll be active, able and happy to be here, too. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

Is this question directed to any of the posters here on these boards OR is it a bit of SELF-REFLECTION?...............@NCtarheel..........your response is a perfect example of what I see a poster do to turn something negative toward the original poster. I have been called guilty of this also. I am willing to debate with good reasoning and good manners if this group could do so. I think that I post and something in your bodies that dislike me so much goes ding- a -ling and you hurry to send something negative toward me. This in some way gives you the satisfaction that you get from coming darn close to being a bully. When I worked with abused women, many times they could learn that this behavior comes from someone with low self-esteem. I am a white, female, Christian conservative. Those of you who dislike this type of human should learn to accept us. We are part of the USA. Now, don't you think I would be petty if I came back at you with what so many of you are angry about? If I did this, I would be making a negative remark about your former black President. Instead of concentrating on his skin, hair, fingers, or wife I have only said I didn't think he was an effective leader and he said, "Uh, Uh" too many times when he spoke. The ball is in you court. You posters can continue with the negative, bully remarks, but keep in mind there is a lot of proof in Epster's post. You are hurting your well being much more than you hurt mine.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@Epster- There is absolutely NO valid scientific evidence drawn from valid scientific research that has been validated by parallel peer scientific research - any of which has ever proved that negativity causes cancer.

No matter how convincing it may sound and appear - it's pseudo-science.

Real valid science has never proved that negativity causes cancer - that's no more  factual and provable than the bogus allegation that childhood immunizations/vaccines cause autism - the charlatan that came up with that lie has had his license to practice medicine revoked - and that revocation has been recognized by most nations in the civilized world...

Lots of people are making lots of money from believers in pseudo-science...

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

No.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

Science hasn't yet proven negativity to be a disease. But they have proven it to cause all manner of medical mayhem, including cancer:   https://dailyhealthpost.com/clearing-negative-energy/

and here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17453329 

Story quote: "Everybody feels negative emotions once in a while, but these emotions have a stronger effect on your health than you may realize.

Every time you think about regrets, experience resentment or replay bad memories in your head, your body suffers just as much as your mind.

That’s why harboring negative emotions can lead to devastating long-term disease. But there is one simple solution: forgiveness."

We've long known that negativity is contagious. (The President, I think, knows this better than anyone. At least he uses this truth --inspiring the left to self-defeating anger-spreading-- better than anyone. A little aside there. Sorry. And you're welcome.Smiley Happy) 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071004135757.htm

Story quote: "Furthermore, the researchers also found that those with negative opinions of the product were likely to become even more negative if asked to participate in a group discussion: "When consumers expect to interact with other consumers through these forums, learning the views of these other consumers may reinforce and even polarize their opinions, making them more negative," the researchers reveal.

"This research has several interesting implications. First, given the strong influence of negative information, marketers may need to expend extra resources to counter-act the effects of negative word of mouth in online chatrooms, blogs and in offline media. Conversely, companies could damage the reputations of competitors by disseminating negative information online," the researchers explain. "Consumers should be aware that these social influence biases exist and are capable of significantly impacting their perceptions.""

There may be a negativity gene.   http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-negativity-gene

Story quote: "A study published online last week in Psychological Science suggests that there may a genetic reason why some individuals "focus on the slippery rocks instead of the breathtaking scenery" during a nature hike. Researchers showed test subjects a series of words in quick succession and asked them to pick out two words in green displayed half a second apart. Due to a phenomenon called attentional blink, subjects would occasionally miss the second word, but if that word had a strong or dark emotional overtone (for example, "rape") they would remember it more strongly. Those who noticed dark words most successfully also had a specific type of gene that lacked certain amino acids."

Then there's the Oxford's take. I'm specifically thinking of the second definition, here: 

disease | dəˈzēz | noun

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury: bacterial meningitis is a rare disease | a possible cause of heart disease.

a particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people: departmental administration has often led to the dread disease of departmentalitis.

So, yes, negativity is almost certainly a disease. Sort of. As far as we know, anyway.

Be well. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

@Soosie wrote:

negative attitude.jpg

Is this question directed to any of the posters here on these boards OR is it a bit of SELF-REFLECTION?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36

Soosie,  you are so refreshing. your posts and cartoons are always a breath of fresh air.

So glad that you have the time to post here. Hoping that you don't see anything negative in my post.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 36
@Alferd.......much better answer.
Kudos
Views