There's always more to discover with your AARP membership. Explore your member benefits today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IS BEING NEGATIVE A DISEASE???

Message 31 of 36

@Soosie- My post was not a comparison - but an observation of two very obvious kinds of the many kinds of negativity.

Negativity is not a disease - neither could being a religious believer, being an atheist, or being anywhere between the two be considered a disease.

Negativity - because no medical test - blood, x-ray, cat scan, MRI, - even DNA can detect or measure any abnormality - is unquestionably not a disease.

It's most likely a thought disorder - a very common one that most humans have to some extent...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 36

What is the purpose of this question? Are you feeling ill and looking for the cause?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 36

@Soosie wrote:
@Alferd................I asked a question. I didn't ask for a comparison. There is no mention of a person, just a condition. Once again, Is being negative a disease? I think this is a prime example of what happens on this board. Someone always tries to divert or as one poster so often mentions "going off topic."

If it is a disease, there is an epidemic here especially among a select few posters.  Again not mentioning a person.  But for a few when they make a post, there are these select few almost immediately in most cases starts sowing the seeds of discord in sort of a 'king of the hill' way.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 36
@Alferd................I asked a question. I didn't ask for a comparison. There is no mention of a person, just a condition. Once again, Is being negative a disease? I think this is a prime example of what happens on this board. Someone always tries to divert or as one poster so often mentions "going off topic."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 36

So that would mean that negativity toward Obama and Hillary is a symptom of the disease - every bit as much as negativity toward trump and his owner Putin is a symptom of the disease...

Is there a cure?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

IS BEING NEGATIVE A DISEASE???

Message 36 of 36

negative attitude.jpg