Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: INDIVIDUAL-1'S Wall Is Nothing But The Scarecrow From Wizard Of Oz

Message 1 of 65

@easyed598 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Walls have NEVER worked.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------These liberals used to think so  ,so what changed?-Oh Yeah ,Trump is president---------Video: Obama, Clinton, & Schumer calling for a Mexico border wall | Bob's Blitz

That's different because "we all" know and "the experts" have said that Trump is a Nazi.

Or at least so sayeth the "heavy thinkers" of the left. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 65

@nctarheel wrote:

Walls have NEVER worked.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------These liberals used to think so  ,so what changed?-Oh Yeah ,Trump is president---------Video: Obama, Clinton, & Schumer calling for a Mexico border wall | Bob's Blitz

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 65
Is that why you are posting here? Yep, I have my moments of boredom, but I get out of the house. I don't make it an all day thing. I get my chuckles here, shake my head that people would do this all day long and move on to my job and hobbies.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 65

@Soosie wrote:

It's also funny to me that I can write something in general and get the "You talking to me bit" in return.  

Are people this bored, miserable, crabby, nothing else to do that they only can do this?

Is that why you are posting here?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 65

@nctarheel wrote:

Walls have NEVER worked.

The Berlin Wall didn't work.

Walled cities of old eventually fell.

But most of all, THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA, the wall of all walls, didn't work either.

EVEN THE CHINESE SAY SO!

Walls are but a symbol and INDIVIDUAL-1'S repetitive droning on about a wall is so he has a memorial to himself.

That is what other walls became because they sure didn't serve a practical purpose.

At best, they served as a scarecrow scaring almost no one like the scarecrow in the WIZARD OF OZ.

https://gbtimes.com/failure-great-wall

But, scarecrows do work.

imagesRS9Z2U27.jpg

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 65

The GOPer must've been talking about one specific wall the Isreali's built around one specific Arab neighborhood. Must've been a lot taller than this one, doncha think? (this one DOES looks like what lil donny bonespurs told his campaign rallies he would build across the entire border, doesn't it? See how well it works?)

Image result for PICTURE OF iSRAELI WALL SEPARATING PALESTINIAN NEIGHBORHOOD

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 65

@easyed598 wrote:

Sp362 wrote-The point you are missing is that Pelosi doesn't own that house.  You have been duped by an internet meme.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OK so that house wasn`t hers but do you want to deny the below picture is her massive winery estate and that there is no barriers sorrounding it?

Actually ed, the "barriers" visible in your aerial survalience of Ms Peolosi's place are a fence around a swimming pool for the safety of children and another around a tennis court as a kindness to those playing NOT having to shag missed balls into the next county. Pretty standard equipment, as are the fences around the cropland.

Do you ACTUALLY think this is "proof of hypocracy" in rejecting lil donny's latest incarnation of what he began describing as 30' of re-enforced concrete and steel as now a "steel curtain" that will not disturb the view from either side?  Appologies to Joe Green, Ernie Holmes, Dwight White and LC Greenwood for any possible confusion between THEIR highly effective STEEL CURTAIN and the nonsense lil donny bonespurs invisions to waste $5Billion taxdollars every year forever to build AND MAINTAIN.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 65

tarheel wrote-Israel's walls work because they have the best military in the world guarding them; not because there are walls.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Perhaps second best to USA,but I`ll go with that if you would support the wall and     our military  guarding them. Why do I think you won`t go along with that?   Walls and border guards will stop illegal immigrants.....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 65

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
I wonder it also as a wall is NOT what keeps non-paying fans out of a stadium.

That would SECURITY; not THE WALL Tarheel, you must have been tired when you posted, not making complete sentences.

Excuse my lack of punctuation. It should have been "I wonder it also........... as a wall is NOT what keeps paying fans out of a stadium. That would be SECURITY. Not THE WALL.

Now that you seem to be attacking the composition of my post rather than its thesis, you must believe that your thesis is no longer valid. I guess you've come to the conclusion that protection of a country, stadium, or building is due to the security placed around it......... NOT A WALL PLACED AROUND IT.

I have to disagree with your THESIS. In the ENVIRONMENT you describe, there is not an ARMED GUARD every five feet. The security personnel are mostly at the APPROPRIATE ENTRY POINTS.

I hope you now see that YOUR THESIS in no longer VALID.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 65

@Soosie wrote:
I wonder it also as a wall is NOT what keeps non-paying fans out of a stadium.

That would SECURITY; not THE WALL Tarheel, you must have been tired when you posted, not making complete sentences.

Excuse my lack of punctuation. It should have been "I wonder it also........... as a wall is NOT what keeps paying fans out of a stadium. That would be SECURITY. Not THE WALL.

Now that you seem to be attacking the composition of my post rather than its thesis, you must believe that your thesis is no longer valid. I guess you've come to the conclusion that protection of a country, stadium, or building is due to the security placed around it......... NOT A WALL PLACED AROUND IT.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors