Reply
Esteemed Social Butterfly

IMPOTUS Is Unraveling... FAST!

The president is berating the governors as weak and demanding they take military force to stop the protesters.  (Sen. Cotton from AR even called for the 101st Airborne!  Really?  But I digress.) Now, remember this is the same guy who, not so long ago, called for the liberation of certain states and encouraged and egged on the protesters.  IMPOTUS even rooted on the armed protesters saying "these are very good people" and "they want their lives back again, safely!" ("Safely" in the middle of a contagious pandemic.  Sounds oxymoronic, but look who it came from.)

 

On Friday night, he tweeted this:

 

Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. @SecretService . They were not only totally professional, but very cool. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the “protesters” scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone...

....got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them. The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would....

....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and....

....good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand.

 

 

He "was inside, watched every move"  Yep, he was inside all right -- inside a bunker!  As he was last night.  Presumably, Melania and Barron also joined him.  (Every time I hear this, I think of George Costanza pushing elderly people aside to get out of a burning building or when IMPOTUS boarded Air Force One first with an umbrella leaving Melania and Barron out in the rain.  But I digress again.)  And let's not forget the "young ones" were loving the action and it was all just good practice.  I guess IMPOTUS was just practicing 'bunkering down' too.

 

I understand that even IMPOTUS's Fox Friends have urged him to address the nation.  From Brian Killmeade:

 

“If there isn’t a reason to ever address the country that has been so diversely affected by one thing, this is the reason.  It’s not 9/11 where Washington, Pennsylvania and New York were hit. … Every state has been affected. We can’t quite figure out who the enemy is. We know we want to get together. We know they want to tear us apart. The president has to bring the country together, and in that speech can’t be anything about a Democrat and nothing about a Republican. It’s got to be about an American.”

 

So when they asked spokeswoman McEnany about her boss addressing the nation, she says, "A national Oval Office address is not going to stop antifa. What’s going to stop antifa is action, and this president committed to acting on this".  Wha…???

 

About antifa, who started this?  Did IMPOTUS come up with this conspiracy theory on his own or did he have help from his Fox pundits?  Can someone refresh my memory?  I haven't seen any pictures or video with these "terrorists" flashing signs or anyone claiming to be antifa.

Social Butterfly

Unraveling indeed. It's sad to watch, really.

 

This is what happens after 400 years of rampant racism, an unacceptable, disproportionate concentration of wealth at the top, a pandemic, a president who doesn't have the sense God gave a gopher, a political party that's traded its self-respect for temporary power, all backed by a nationwide news network of liars and rabble rousers.

 

I don't recognize this place anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@MsStretch wrote:

The president is berating the governors as weak and demanding they take military force to stop the protesters. 

 


There is a difference between "Protesters" and the "Trouble Makers - and all the harm and destruction which they bring".

 

I can certainly tell one from the other here in Atlanta - Even Andy Young, Mayor Keisha Bottoms, Killer Mike, T.I., Dr. Bernice King and many others have seen the difference.

 

I don't think it is just another way of "protesting" - the wrong way.  You do think it is the wrong way, right?

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@GailL1 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

The president is berating the governors as weak and demanding they take military force to stop the protesters. 

 


There is a difference between "Protesters" and the "Trouble Makers - and all the harm and destruction which they bring".

 

I can certainly tell one from the other here in Atlanta - Even Andy Young, Mayor Keisha Bottoms, Killer Mike, T.I., Dr. Bernice King and many others have seen the difference.

 

I don't think it is just another way of "protesting" - the wrong way.  You do think it is the wrong way, right?


C'mon, @GailL1 , of course I know there are the 'opportunistic protesters' i.e. troublemakers, who will take advantage of the situation by purposely escalating violence and destruction for no other reason than to destroy and steal in the name of wreaking havoc.  And yes, the governors and mayors know and see the difference between the protesters and the troublemakers.  BUT... it does not help when a president constantly feeds the fires with his divisive rhetoric against "weak" governors who "allow their 'liberal Democratic cities' to burn".  Does the president know the difference between the protesters and the troublemakers?  The message I get from him is they are all troublemakers and it is time to call out the military.  Holy crap!  Where is his support for ALL cities and towns who are united in a common cause as ONE country under God? 

 

When was the last time he even mentioned the name 'George Floyd'?

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Hillary’s emails, birther accusations, Obamagate, Antifa...what “ghost” accusation is next...Pelosi contracts with

Godzilla to attack WH...Schumer tries to poison trump’s Big Macs!

The only thing that trump and his supporters provide are false accusations, lies, and opinions...never any real facts, just whatever they dream up! 

Honored Social Butterfly

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500237-atlanta-mayor-condemns-violent-protests-in-fiery-spe...

Atlanta mayor condemns violent protests in fiery speech: 'If you love this city go home'
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 05/29/20 10:34 PM EDT 1,501






Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms condemned violent protests over the death of George Floyd that erupted in her city on Friday, saying in a fiery speech "this is not a protest ... this is chaos."

"This is not Atlanta. This is not a protest. This is not in the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr. This is chaos. A protest has purpose. When Dr. King was assassinated we didn't do this to our city. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors and black police chiefs and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in metro Atlanta are minority business owners, if you care about this city then go home."

===============================================================

Well said!

I like her.

Most of the Mayors of the cities that are burning have progressive Mayors that are for some reason do not want to call out the radicals that are doing the destruction.

Then we have DC and Mayor Browser that has a 11.00 PM curfew..we saw how that is working.
0 Kudos
593 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms condemned violent protests over the death of George Floyd that erupted in her city on Friday, saying in a fiery speech "this is not a protest ... this is chaos."

"This is not Atlanta. This is not a protest. This is not in the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr. This is chaos. A protest has purpose. When Dr. King was assassinated we didn't do this to our city. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors and black police chiefs and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in metro Atlanta are minority business owners, if you care about this city then go home."

===========================================

She is sending the same message as President Trump is sending.

Most of the Mayors of the cities that are burning have progressive Mayors that are for some reason do not want to call out the radicals that are doing the destruction.

0 Kudos
500 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:

She is sending the same message as President Trump is sending.  NO she isn't.  She's sending out an intelligent, cohesive message; very unlike the moron in the Oval Office!

Most of the Mayors of the cities that are burning have progressive Mayors that are for some reason do not want to call out the radicals that are doing the destruction.  Can you prove your partisian position that Progressive Mayors don't want to call out those doing the destruction?  I suspect you can't and are just regurgitate the typical Fox/trump spew....


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Many Mayors probably want to turn the volume down on protests in order not to incite any riots. That is what good Mayors try to do.
This is in stark contrast to trump who wants to beat, gas, and imprison protesters. That is not a strategy, it’s just cruel. 

Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2Most of the Mayors of the cities that are burning have progressive Mayors that are for some reason do not want to call out the radicals that are doing the destruction.

 

I challenge you to find one mayor who has not condemned the violence but the leader of the regressives is planing go to to war with Americans.  He is so incapable of dealing with this.  ITYS. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500237-atlanta-mayor-condemns-violent-protests-in-fiery-spe...

Atlanta mayor condemns violent protests in fiery speech: 'If you love this city go home'
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 05/29/20 10:34 PM EDT 1,501






Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms condemned violent protests over the death of George Floyd that erupted in her city on Friday, saying in a fiery speech "this is not a protest ... this is chaos."

"This is not Atlanta. This is not a protest. This is not in the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr. This is chaos. A protest has purpose. When Dr. King was assassinated we didn't do this to our city. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors and black police chiefs and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in metro Atlanta are minority business owners, if you care about this city then go home."

===============================================================

Well said!

I like her.

Most of the Mayors of the cities that are burning have progressive Mayors that are for some reason do not want to call out the radicals that are doing the destruction.

Then we have DC and Mayor Browser that has a 11.00 PM curfew..we saw how that is working.

Look at the difference between what Mayor Bottoms said and the incoherent babble spewed by IMPOTUS.  Bottoms appeals; IMPOTUS inflames.

 

Atlanta had a 9 PM curfew.  What's that have to do with D.C.?  IMPOTUS is more than welcome to leave Washington... forever.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

According to 🦊 news about the only thing odd I heard was the WH went dark @ 11 pm, like they always do by turning off all lights around the WH.

 

I admit haven’t been around DC in ages but, never, ever saw a darkened WH.

 

Twitter feeds said, Melania and Barron were also in Bunker with T. First use since Cheney occupies it during 9/11 while Bush was still traveling back to DC.

 

 

B55D2191-8654-4C61-8CB4-BA05FB5E4131.png

 Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png