Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: IMMIGRATION CRISIS

Message 1 of 9

One of the many reasons no other president has faced this crises is a question of management.  Previous presidents managed the issue at the source but Trump has lost trust, and leverage with the countries generating refugees. His new approach is to make lives worse in those countries which will CERTAINLY encourage fewer refugees, right?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

This crisis at the southern border will actually keep Trump from doing anything else and continue with his very stupid solution of insulting Mexico, closing the border, taking away the money from those countries, and not actually solving the issue. Well in a way, I am glad, this issue will keep him busy for a while and cry about at his rallies.

In the meanwhile, his party will   do nothing, resolve nothing and this country would become paralyzed by issues that can be resolve by a competent individual.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@ManicProgressive wrote:

The concept of hiring immigration judges is to abstract for Trump’s base. Maybe for Trump himself, since he thinks energy harnessed from wind means no TV on a windless evening.

Agreed.  Trump can't deal with concepts and abstractions.  He is having trouble assimilating the big picture.  He thinks he can put up the Great Wall of the U.S. and be done with it.  Just stop them on the other side -- problem solved.  He is not looking at families or the reason for their exoduses from their countries; he's thinking murderers, rapists, terrorists with prayer rugs, drug lords, gang members, ad nauseum who seek to wreak havoc on unsuspecting Americans.

Ironically, Donnie's temper tantrum in shutting down the government over the stupid wall also shut down the immigration courts which only served to exacerbate an already horrendous backlog.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Nobody is ignoring it.  We just have different opinions on how to handle it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/29/obama_dhs_secretary_jeh_johnson_we_are_truly_in_a...

Obama DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson: "We Are Truly In A Crisis" On Southern Border

Jeh Johnson, who served as President Obama's Department of Homeland Security Secretary said "we are truly in a crisis" at the Mexican border Thursday on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

"When I was in office in Kirstjen Nielsen's job, at her desk, I'd get to work around 6:30 in the morning and there'd be my intelligence book sitting on my desk, the PDB, and also the apprehension numbers from the day before," Johnson said. "And I'd look at them every morning, it'd be the first thing I'd look at. And I probably got too close to the problem, and my staff will tell you if it was under 1,000 apprehensions the day before that was a relatively good number, and if it was above 1,000 it was a relatively bad number, and I was gonna be in a bad mood the whole day."

"On Tuesday, there were 4,000 apprehensions. I know that a thousand overwhelms the system. I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like, so we are truly in a crisis," Johnson explained.

========================================================

It's a crisis when we do not have the ability to handle the large number that are trying to seek asylum in our country...only the left will not admit that.

And it is know families that are coming ... in the past it was single men.

And as summer is coming there are more caravans coming.

To ignore the fact that we do not have crisis by the left shows they are ignorant of what is going on.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

That's because Trump doesn't have any answers, and he has no interest in finding solutions to our problems.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Even Ted Cruz  has said that we need more judges to get rid of the backlog. but now, they are so afraid of not being elected that they all keep their mouth shut.

Look there are things in our present immigration laws that shouldn't be. There is no need to have a person in limbo as far as their deportation if that is what the case merit, and the delaying done by attorneys in my mind is criminal. but the laws in placed allow for all the discrepancies that we see and the unfairness of many of those laws.

Yes we need a country that has borders, we need control of our borders, but I have not seen as of yet anything being done on this issue.
And now we are content with seeing a madman that has no knowledge of the issue scream and yell stupidities that will not resolve the issues but enlarge

them

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

The concept of hiring immigration judges is to abstract for Trump’s base. Maybe for Trump himself, since he thinks energy harnessed from wind means no TV on a windless evening.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

IMMIGRATION CRISIS

Message 9 of 9

There is no doubt that there is an immigration crisis. in my view exacerbated by the stupidity of Trump.
If instead of opening up his mouth and attacking the Mexicans he would have had the intelligence to deal with Mexico and had them really cooperating with the US in stopping the   rush of people coming thru their borders, perhaps we would have been able to deal with this issue in a better manner.
Like I have always said, he is too stupid to commit collusion and too stupid to really know what and how to deal with this issue.

I hope he closes the border, because that will really create a really big crisis in the economy of both countries, and people need to see his incompetence.

Why would Mexico help? after all they are all criminals, rapists  etc. so why bother with Trump?
There is a crisis in Central American, and the US will need the cooperation of many countries in order to resolve this issue.
In the meanwhile, has anyone heard a peep from the Senate and the House regarding a comprehension immigration law that needs to really deal with all the issue that we are seeing now?
This issue will become even a greater issue for Trump than what it is today. but he is going in the wrong manner.
I can understand as to the reason that we cannot accept everyone that comes here and claims asylum. but what I cannot understand as to why there has not been a push to deal with the immigration courts in order to deal with the backlog.. There is a need to hire about over 700 attorneys to serve as immigration judges to be able to push the  process through.
And most of all instead of pissing off all the countries that could help. tyring to get their cooperation.
This will continue, and he won't be able to solve this issue. because, I do't see that anyone else is actually helping either.

no name
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors