Honored Social Butterfly

IF A VACCINE AGAINST CORONAVIRUS BECOMES AVAILABLE, DO YOU PLAN TO GET VACCINATED????

As an aside note:

From CNN 07/27/2020 - The Moderna First Phase 3 testing begins next week.

The poll results are scary to me - especially the age & race breakdown.

AP-NORC Poll 05/27/2090 - Half of Americans would get a COVID-19 vaccine 

Screenshot_2020-07-27 AP-NORC poll Half of Americans would get a COVID-19 vaccine(1).pngScreenshot_2020-07-27 AP-NORC poll Half of Americans would get a COVID-19 vaccine(1).png

About half of Americans say they would get a coronavirus vaccine

A new AP-NORC poll finds that roughly half of Americans say they would get vaccinated for COVID-19, but many are uncertain or would refuse to do so. African Americans, Hispanics, young adults and Republicans are less likely than others to say they would get vaccinated.

If a vaccine against the coronavirus becomes available, do you plan to get vaccinated? 

A new AP-NORC poll finds that roughly half of Americans say they would get vaccinated for COVID-19, but many are uncertain or would refuse to do so. African Americans, Hispanics, young adults and Republicans are less likely than others to say they would get vaccinated.

If a vaccine against the coronavirus becomes available, do you plan to get vaccinated? 

Conversationalist

Probably not, I've been vaccinated 4 times for the flu (employer provided and mandated) and have had a worse reaction from the vaccination than I ever had from the flu. I've not had a flu shot voluntarily since. 

Regular Social Butterfly

For me, I think it probably depends on what's going on at the time a vaccine becomes available. 🤔   It took me a lot of years before i was even ready to take the flu vaccine. 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Yes I would.  I want the country to be able to open up again and I will do my part to make that happen.  Unfortunately, from the numbers you posted, there will be enough people not getting it to make sure that herd immunity is not there, thus affecting the ability of the vaccine to do its job.

Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1   Reall   !!!!!yo   know  what Gail, you go first. there is no way in hades that I will try that vaccine that this Administration is  saying that they will have by the end  of   this year.
I want to see other vaccines that are produced in other places in the world before I try this one here.
Frankly, I would not trust the results and I would be scared to try something that I don't feel confident because of the timeline.
I rather see a vaccine next yea that has been tried and tried and we all know is safe that this one that now they are trying to tout.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GailL1   Reall   !!!!!yo   know  what Gail, you go first. there is no way in hades that I will try that vaccine that this Administration is  saying that they will have by the end  of   this year.
I want to see other vaccines that are produced in other places in the world before I try this one here.
Frankly, I would not trust the results and I would be scared to try something that I don't feel confident because of the timeline.
I rather see a vaccine next yea that has been tried and tried and we all know is safe that this one that now they are trying to tout.

Yup!  I agree 100%!  They're not gonna try out their "experimental" vaccine on me; not if I can help it.  Afterall, guinea pigs are NOT volunteers and I've never heard one of 'em say, "Yes, sir.  May I have some more?"  So for those who trust this Administration and their idiot leader, I say have at it.  Step up and I'll read about y'all's results in the news.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 

I don't know when there will be a vaccine -

There are 166 of them in the works now worldwide.

About 40 of them are here -

There are (2) that I know of that have had good enough results that they are proceeding with the 1st part of Phase 3 testing.

These aren't from the Administration - they are from public/private partnerships.

Maybe you need to do some reading -

NIH 07/08/2020 - NIH launches clinical trials network to test COVID-19 vaccines and other prevention... 

CNN 07/27/2020 - The first Phase 3 coronavirus vaccine trial in the US is expected to begin next wee... 

I thought Fauci was one of your heroes?

Honored Social Butterfly

@gail  Did you actually thought that I was politizing the vaccine by thinking that it was from this Administration?
goodlol.jpg

You know me a long time and know that I am not that stupid.  It has to do with the fact that I don't know how good is the process because of the timeline and I guess that I feel is too quick. I will have to see how it goes and how effective ii is.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

The results mirror Flu vaccines participation rates. This year the flu shot was darn near useless since they missed the strain. I got the flu this year and had the flu shot. 

In addition I hope they produce a pneumonia vaccine for covid as well... since that's what kills most people.

The link below keeps updating with more covid data as it becomes available. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/collections/coronavirus?intcmp=sci_cov

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777

The seasonal flu potential viruses are actually determined on a worldwide basis -

CDC - Selecting Viruses for the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine 

In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) makes the final decision about vaccine viruses for influenza vaccines to be sold in the U.S. Information about circulation of influenza viruses and available vaccine viruses is summarized and presented to an advisory committee of the FDA in February each year for the U.S. decision about which viruses to include in the upcoming season’s vaccine.

Yes, sometimes they don't get it quite right but all in all, I have been pretty pleased health-wise - my own and those to whom I must see.

I get the recombinant type now - the double dose for seniors.

Honored Social Butterfly

I will, without any hesitation.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png