Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I support our president!

Message 1 of 14

@m933902a wrote:

Are there others here who trust Trump?

There are just too many questions that are usually answered before we accept someone as a leader.  

• Why won't he show his taxes?  
  • His management style appears to be creating chaos in government
  • Shoud his wife be deported as having violated her visa and thus, not eligible for citizenship?
  • What are his connections to Russia and why does he resist an open investigation?
  • How will he segregate himself from his business interests? Why won't he divest as recommended? Can he divest?
  • Three weeks into his Presidency, four if you count this one, and chaos rules. Will this continue?

I do not trust his judgement, his management style, or his ethical position. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

My memory may be failing me, but didn't Nixon and Chenney tried to do someything similar? not with the Russian but sort of trying to obtain  and implement many autocratic deals ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

After everything we saw and heard during the campaign, saw and heard after to the election, and have seen and heard now, it is hard to believe anyone could support him.  Take a look at how many of those who surround him have ties to Russia.  Do you really think this is a coincidence?  Do yiou relly believe that the majority of investigative journalists are putting forth "fake news"?  That whole assertion not only is blatantly false, but so transparent that a fifth grader could see through it.

One of the first things a dictator does is discredit those who oppose him and spread propaganda about those entities--in the newly minted authoritarian states of America, the dictator has:

1.  Discredited the Press

2. Discredited The CIA, FBI, (in all demeaning 11 intelligence agencies)

3.  Discredited lawyers, federal judges, John McCain, Civil Rights icon and Senator John Ellis

4.  Discredited foreign leaders with differing views, while embarrassing Putin

5.  Puts forth rhetoric and edicts that tend to isolate the populace--(Trump has started this too)

The list is almost endless.  The reason a dictator does these things is to lessen the power of the entities that oppose his own, and strengthen his own

Often, a dictator will scapegoat one or more minorities in an attempt to get the masses to trust him.

Trump started his campaign by scapegoating Mexicans-blaming them for high crime rates, and then moved to Muslims.

If ANY of this DOESN'T SOUND FAMILIAR  to you, STUDY THE HISTORY OF HOW ADOLF HITLER GAINED THE TRUST OF THE GERMAN PEOPLE.

One last thought, at 5:50 ET, 2/14/2017,  both parties are calling for an investigtion of not only Flynn, but also of Trump in an effort to determine Trump's involvement in this mess.--

It should scare you that while North Korea advances it's nuclear missle program, and that on a day we find out that Russia is advancing its missle program in violation with NATO restrictions, Americans have to worry about the direction this very dysfunctional WH is taking us. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@mandm84 wrote:

President Trump " Promised " to save Social Security and Medicare. He stated numerous times that it was a deal we made and he would honor that. He also stated he would strengthen , NOT CUT both programs.

We shall see IF he keeps that promise and stops Paul Ryan and his Republican Raiders from Cutting S.S. and Dismantling Medicare as we know it ???

Doubtful Trump will keep that promise. He already caved in to the demands of the pharmaceutical companies instead of his promise to address their price gauging. 

And like all Republicans, the more vulnerable people are, the more Trump will attack them!

And like all Republicans, Trump is only concerned about making the wealthy more wealthy .... protecting the massive bloated profits of pharmaceutical companies rather than the lives of Americans!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@jimc91 wrote:

@m933902a Yes I support President Trump.  IMO, He is the right person for our country at this point in time.  I also find it refreshing that he is actually doing the things he said he would do during the campaign.

...... doing only the despicable "things".

He also stated that he would go after the pharmaceutical companies for price gauging.  And then he caved in to them! 

Social Security and Medicare will be next when Trump caves in to Ryan and his Republican bandits.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

I support President Bannon and his sidekick Twitler...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

A lot of people trust Trump.  The Tea Party.  The KKK.  The White Supremacist.  The ignorant who just don't know any better.  The rich 2% who will benefit from his tax reform.  The Republican Congress who tried their best not to get him nominated, the same ones he promised to Swamp Drain.  The Climate Change deniers who refuse to believe what the most brilliant minds in the world are trying to tell them.  The  religious zealots who use their religion to discriminate. Vladimir Putin trust Trump.  Although they are the minority  because the Electoral College elected Trump. The People elected Hillary.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Out of control and full of falsehoods, so far , but even the Titanic's band played on !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

There is no doubt that every American wants our President to succeed. his success is our success.

But, why would we continue to follow a WH has has proven in its very short existance that it has been one of the most chaotic Administrations in history. 
And now, with the Flynn scandal. too many questions need to be answered. The Republicans will not be very intelligent if they do not deal with all of this ASAP. This could really grow and grow and erode any trust that many would have in this Presidency.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

President Trump " Promised " to save Social Security and Medicare. He stated numerous times that it was a deal we made and he would honor that. He also stated he would strengthen , NOT CUT both programs.

We shall see IF he keeps that promise and stops Paul Ryan and his Republican Raiders from Cutting S.S. and Dismantling Medicare as we know it ???

Kudos
Views