Honored Social Butterfly

I'm not laughing at the GOP

Trump Tweeted the accusation that Democrats are "laughing at the GOP".  I am certainly not laughing at them. I may make fun of them but that is different. They have worked the entire system to give themselves every advantage. They took over the state houses and then redrew voting districts to their own maps. They write the best bumper stickers I have ever seen. Democratic bumper stickers tend to say "continued on next sticker" at the bottom. 

I think they are going to crash and burn in 2018 and be burned at the stake in 2020 but that is not their fault. They realized they had no cover coming from their leader and decided it was every MoC for themselves.  McCain, knowing he was dying and loving to put a thumb in leadership eyes, threw himself on the live grenade that was the skinny repeal and lots of GOP MoCs heaved a sigh of relief. 

In short, I believe they are failing do to the policies they present and the limited constituency they represent.  Not because of their tactics or execution. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I am LOL at the GOP as they're proving what I've said all along, they're a bunch of clowns led by an incompetent buffoon in the White House, who cannot govern. After 6 months of an all Republican Congress, I thought for sure we would have:

• a new infrastructure bill
  • tax reform
  • a repeal and replacement of Obamacare.

So far we have nothing except a pathological liar/clown as President and numerous investigations of said clown. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party isn't much better. Unlike the Republicans, they actually mean well, but they cannot excute. 

The above is why I've been an Indpendent all my life.

Honored Social Butterfly

I am curious on how long Kelly is actually going to be able to be the chief of staff and be able to control Trump.

So far, as we have been told, no one walks in that office without Kelly not knowing about it, even the kids/ or so they say.

We will see how long he can stand not being able to have to restrain himself to a discipline and allowing Kelly to see who gets to see him or not.
So far, he signed the Bill with the sanctions, and Kelly has assured Sesssions that he will not be fired. 
So, we will have to wait and see.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm not laughing at GOP because they are indeed fracturing as one person appeared to try and sell that tag on Dems today.  

Their implication was a distraction of the fracture of the GOP is between the  Alt-Right and traditional Republicans.  

It is fascinating to watch as the House Republicans are choosing sides, which may be why they get will get nothing done this year and why their R/R PPACA gambit failed.      

For those donald supporters who never read anything but alt-right nonsense, they may have missed the Mo Brooks challenge or the Flake plea for sanity.     I'd assume the DS folks would want to be informed about the rumbling within their own party, but in the Alt-Right world, I'd never assume anything.   

Nah, these folks are reading about "the Coup in DC".    Which is actually pretty funny, because if they wanted to undermind these oh-so secret people, then Donald could actually fill all the un-filled vacancies and make these supposed folks irrelevant - but that doesn't sell papers or CT's .     RW  / Alt Right have moded to embrace unreality tv .   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

I'm not laughing at GOP because they are indeed fracturing as one person appeared to try and sell that tag on Dems today.  

Actually, they are both fractured. The only difference is that a guy named Trump came along and defeated the Republican establishment. The Dems are yet to "bite the bullet".

Their implication was a distraction of the fracture of the GOP is between the  Alt-Right and traditional Republicans.  

It is fascinating to watch as the House Republicans are choosing sides, which may be why they get will get nothing done this year and why their R/R PPACA gambit failed.

Sadly, you are right. The Reps Members are operating as individuals. The Dems, even though they are split from the people do, due to their communal style, march in lock-step.      

For those donald supporters who never read anything but alt-right nonsense, they may have missed the Mo Brooks challenge or the Flake plea for sanity.     I'd assume the DS folks would want to be informed about the rumbling within their own party, but in the Alt-Right world, I'd never assume anything.  

See above. 

Nah, these folks are reading about "the Coup in DC".    Which is actually pretty funny, because if they wanted to undermind these oh-so secret people, then Donald could actually fill all the un-filled vacancies and make these supposed folks irrelevant - but that doesn't sell papers or CT's .     RW  / Alt Right have moded to embrace unreality tv .  

HUH???? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I can't overstate how fit Trump is as President. He doesn't like to read , has a short attention span , no patience , driven by $$$ only , won't tolerate any opposing views , only listen's to his children's advice , thinks he knows more than anyone else , but besides these unique qualities , he is perfect for the job. I'm not laughing , but crying for OUR Nation !!!

Bonus - getting along with Russia has helped who ???

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm very much aware that 'the donald' basks in ratings that feed his ego, whether or not the ratings are legitimately gathered.  He shares that characteristic with people sometime put into little paddedrooms to 'recover' without hurting themselves.  I know those guys in white coats have a busy schedule, but I sure  hope they get around to  him soon. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Those of us who are working hard to train the next generation of legislators and voters will disagree, but won't show our cards.     For that one has to do some homework.   Fortunately thousands are doing just that.    

Attend some meetings, learn what the younger generations are doing, are building all by themselves...yep, even here in TX.    

As a reminder the Seniors were not the largest block of voters in 2016 - and that should scare the bejesus out of many here, who may be resting on that particular piece of folklore, because the one thing you are not....are spring chickens.   http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/31/millennials-and-gen-xers-outvoted-boomers-and-older-...

As a total aside, even Rassmussen, the only polling firm that has kept Donald support at 40 have terrible numbers for Donald and his regime:  

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 39% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Sixty-one percent (61%) disapprove.

The latest figures for Trump include 26% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 49% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -23

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul31

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

And I am not laughing at the Dems. Since the neoMarxists of the Progressive Movement took it over, they are a danger to our Constitutional form of government.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for eyes rolling gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Trump Tweeted the accusation that Democrats are "laughing at the GOP".  I am certainly not laughing at them. I may make fun of them but that is different. They have worked the entire system to give themselves every advantage. They took over the state houses and then redrew voting districts to their own maps. They write the best bumper stickers I have ever seen. Democratic bumper stickers tend to say "continued on next sticker" at the bottom. 

I think they are going to crash and burn in 2018 and be burned at the stake in 2020 but that is not their fault. They realized they had no cover coming from their leader and decided it was every MoC for themselves.  McCain, knowing he was dying and loving to put a thumb in leadership eyes, threw himself on the live grenade that was the skinny repeal and lots of GOP MoCs heaved a sigh of relief. 

In short, I believe they are failing do to the policies they present and the limited constituency they represent.  Not because of their tactics or execution. 

Your last Sentence - The One That Reads 

Could Just as Easily & Probably More Accurately Describe Democrats......................it cracks me up when supporters of Democrats in Congress..................can't seem to understand - the GOP did not win a Majority in the Entire US Congress & the Presidency because of the Russians or because of some Dirty Tricks or Conspiracy nor did they Gerrymander Voting Districts in the States because all Democratic Congressman Both Federal & Local Plus Democratic Governors were all being held Captive at Guantanamo...............

No Republicans did it Right in Front of the Democrats because Democrats had - No Plan No Defensive Strategy - Were Not on the Ball - To Combat it and they had no Beleivable Message or Track Record to prevent Republicans taking over State Legislatures - Governorships - the US Congress & the Presidency.....................

You can;t run a Candidate for President who although probably more Qualified on Paper but cannot connect with the American Voter cannot communicate whatever message she had other than her Resume to the American Voter & IS NOT POPULAR - is a Wall Street Insider and tried to be so secret about everything but got exposed for not being sophisticated about anything from Basement Servers to Lying About Benghazi -

You also can;t run Candidates at the State Level who's only Message is - We Are Democrats and remember when we supported Unions - Remember when we created Social Security - Remember when we created Medicare - Remember when we created Medicaid - Remember when we created Obamacare and the Roll Out was a Failure - the Bill was poorly written and we couldn;t find a way to fix what was wrong - but Vote for US because our Policies used to Relevant 

Democrats started going downhill when they did not do their JOBS and voted for Iraq 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

I tend to agree with both of you about certain points on both parties. The R's managed to sing the same song to win their elections, yet they never had a common play book from which to execute, plus an unhinged administration, and thus, cannot govern. Meanwhile, D's have the same old play book that never gets an update, have been mostly ineffective, and can't manage a theme song. 

If there was ever a time for third party to enter the picture, now would be a good time.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

McCain, knowing he was dying and loving to put a thumb in leadership eyes, threw himself on the live grenade that was the skinny repeal and lots of GOP MoCs heaved a sigh of relief.

I'm not so sure McCain's reasons behind his vote. I heard on the Sunday morning talk show that this may have been payback for Mitch McConnell's opposition to the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill.

As I watched the video of McCain voting "No", I saw that he turned to Mitch McConnell and gave him a look like "In your face". Then he walked away.

Mitch McConnell Led the Debate Against McCain-Fenigold Campaign Finance Bill

Senator Mitch McConnell has been an arch foe of the McCain-Feingold Bill. After calling it a ''stunningly stupid thing to do,'' he said it would transform the way politicians have raised money from contributors. He warned colleagues against this ''new world'' of restricted money.

Mitch McConnell: “The worst day of my political life was when President George W. Bush signed McCain-Feingold into law in the early part of his first administration.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/caught-tape-what-mitch-mcconnell-complained-about-roomful-billiona...

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/30/opinion/mccain-feingold-showdown.html

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png