I'm For The Little Guy

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm For The Little Guy

Message 41 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Obamacare requires it for all health insurance policies now. So women who are self employed or who work for small companies have access to it without paying for expensive riders. 

But you prove my point, you’d rather punish the overwhelming majority of women who give birth, and their babies, because of your stance against abortion.

Do you really think that the overwhelming majority of women would prefer to kill their babies because of someone here's stance against abortion?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Well, how many republicans out there support health insurance that covers maternity care? AKA Obamacare? How many conservative men and menopausal women were fussing about the impact of maternity coverage on their own health insurance rates?  For the little guy except when they need to have some skin in the game...

My insurance covers maternity care and is not AKA Obamacare. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 73

@Panjandrum wrote:

easyed598:   I don't want them punished with a baby.

To put that in it's proper context, he was talking about the need to educate our young people and having access to birth control. But the proper context makes the quote useless to the right, so please proceed with the false meaning.

The context of the cartoon is quite clear, it refers to baby killing.

Now, as a separate issue, yes education and birth control are valuable vehicles to prevent the baby in the first place. But, one the baby exists and has achieved viability, the context is totally accurate not only about Biden but about many others too.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 73

@easyed598 wrote:

Manic wrote-Well, how many republicans out there support health insurance that covers maternity care? AKA Obamacare? How many conservative men and Maternity care is covered  mostly by employers insurance plans. Some have different price levels  for those who don`t want or need  this coverage. Maternity is considered a personal choice. Personally, I paid for my 2 kids out of pocket and didn`t have maternity insurance. In addition -Being against abortion ,I would hate to think my money was going for someone who is making that choice.

Never seen too many posts in which they actually contradict each other in the same paragraph/

If  the post  are against abortion and the post also statee that it is  against maternity inclusion in all insurances, what are the choices ?  Insureances are there to provide the services that are required and wanted by all

no name
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 73

@easyed598 wrote:

manic wrote-All insurance companies cover abortions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Untrue-Many insurance cos. do not cover abortion and many states ban coverage .ie: Texas

Some policies don’t. Insurance companies do. Aetna may not cover it in Texas but they do cover it in Maryland. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 73

manic wrote-All insurance companies cover abortions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Untrue-Many insurance cos. do not cover abortion and many states ban coverage .ie: Texas

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 73

manic wrote-It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As long as you brought God into the topic-It was God who said "I was with you ,even in the womb" Without checking -I believe it was in Jerimiah

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 73

manic wrote-It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem is that many of us  think it is the baby`s body we should care about and not because the woman made a mistake. Manic is right about one thing ,, men do make bad judgements when picking women to have sex with.With that being said,it is generally women who is responsible for birth control when having sex.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 73

@easyed598 wrote:

manic wrote- You said you wouldn’t pay for maternity coverage because you don’t want to think of someone using coverage to get an abortion--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Again you are wrong- I said -I hate to think my money was going to someone to pay for an  abortion. If a insurance  co. I belong  to was doing that I probably would change insurance company and find one that didn`t or pay out of pocket.. My choice-Their choice-Your choice.  I don`t have to pay in any form, abortions. (MY CHOICE)

All insurance companies cover abortions. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.

No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors