AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm For The Little Guy

Message 11 of 73

@cm9889168 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
 I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

LOL!

This is really a stretch...Nope; not a "stretch at all".  But thanks for your concern.....

And Obomba thought marriage should be between a man and a woman, So?  Another member of the "well, what about..." club I see.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Rk you either don’t get it or you are just trying to stir up trouble. A tubal ligation is great if a woman knows beforehand pregnancy is dangerous. But the way women generally find out pregnancy is dangerous is by being pregnant. 

Two possibilities - 1. She has been advised of the dangers, Solution tubular ligation. 2. She did not know. Solution, "the life of the mother"  -permitting an abortion.

See, you are pro choice after all.

Within very limited circumstances, sure. That is a medical decision, not a convenience decision. But certainly not "on demand".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yeah, CM you definitely aren’t a woman. Pregnancy gets measured medically in weeks and it’s 40 weeks.

Highest maternity mortality rate in the developed world:

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-...

Pregnancy correlated with higher risk of domestic violence:

https://afs.gov.au/cfca/publications/domestic-and-family-violence-pregnancy-and-early-parenthood

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1122-6

But, I’m done responding to you since you don’t think a woman has a fundamental right to control her own body.  

She does - "her body' not the body (actually "life") of the other person in this discussion.

As to highest maternity mortality rate - as stated previously, the concept of "the life of the mother" is valid. Merely, "on demand" is not and not related.

Domestic violence is hardly an excuse to kill the baby, it is a separate issue.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 73

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Rk you either don’t get it or you are just trying to stir up trouble. A tubal ligation is great if a woman knows beforehand pregnancy is dangerous. But the way women generally find out pregnancy is dangerous is by being pregnant. 

Two possibilities - 1. She has been advised of the dangers, Solution tubular ligation. 2. She did not know. Solution, "the life of the mother"  -permitting an abortion.

See, you are pro choice after all.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 73

Yeah, CM you definitely aren’t a woman. Pregnancy gets measured medically in weeks and it’s 40 weeks.

Highest maternity mortality rate in the developed world:

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-...

Pregnancy correlated with higher risk of domestic violence:

https://afs.gov.au/cfca/publications/domestic-and-family-violence-pregnancy-and-early-parenthood

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1122-6

But, I’m done responding to you since you don’t think a woman has a fundamental right to control her own body.  

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 73

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
 I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

LOL!

This is really a stretch...going wayyy back.  And Obomba thought marriage should be between a man and a woman, so here's another Oldie But Goodie

From the Liberal's WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/02/10/axelrod-says-obama-lied-about-opposing-gay...

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?

"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 

It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

"It's a child, not a choice"

Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it.  So if it's such a 'short period of time...is it worth disposing of a baby for such a 'short period of time'?  That's a new one, a 'pregnancy is for 10 months'?

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. As I stated - It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it. And for most (remember I said "most") women it's usually the last 3 months that can be difficult.  You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. That makes no sense unless you missed the part about 'it's a child, not a choice'. I see the baby from the very beginning.  You seem to see the baby as nothing but disposable for a mistake, and some see it that way even after it's born (while the so-called 'mother' decides if she wants to kill it or not).

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Can you provide a VF link please? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Again, a VF link pleaes.  Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?  Are you a woman? Have you had any children?  The rest of your remark is trying to spin it off topic and a different discussion.

Who will speak up for those who can't?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.

It's beyond very sad that anyone would think that sex is a woman allowing a man to "use her body".  Men don't necessarily want to "make her pregnant" just because they want o have sex with a woman, it's sad to think so. Also, women don't get pregnant only because a man insists on not wearing a condom, contraceptives of all kinds sometimes fail. So if a woman chooses to have a man in her life it's because "they have to have a man and can't think for themselves"? Hmmmmm ......... what a unique way of looking at those things.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 73

Image result for game of thrones

Not me....  I prefer the trustworthy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22