Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm For The Little Guy

I'm For The Little Guy.jpg

 

Gold Conversationalist


@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!

Honored Social Butterfly


@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 

0 Kudos
309 Views
26
Report
Gold Conversationalist


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 


It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

 

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

 

"It's a child, not a choice"

Honored Social Butterfly


w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 


It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

 

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

 

"It's a child, not a choice"


Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it. 

 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. 

 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?

Gold Conversationalist


@ManicProgressive wrote:

w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 


It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

 

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

 

"It's a child, not a choice"


Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it.  So if it's such a 'short period of time...is it worth disposing of a baby for such a 'short period of time'?  That's a new one, a 'pregnancy is for 10 months'?

 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. As I stated - It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it. And for most (remember I said "most") women it's usually the last 3 months that can be difficult.  You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. That makes no sense unless you missed the part about 'it's a child, not a choice'. I see the baby from the very beginning.  You seem to see the baby as nothing but disposable for a mistake, and some see it that way even after it's born (while the so-called 'mother' decides if she wants to kill it or not).

 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Can you provide a VF link please? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Again, a VF link pleaes.  Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?  Are you a woman? Have you had any children?  The rest of your remark is trying to spin it off topic and a different discussion.

 

Who will speak up for those who can't?


 

0 Kudos
267 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Yeah, CM you definitely aren’t a woman. Pregnancy gets measured medically in weeks and it’s 40 weeks.

 

Highest maternity mortality rate in the developed world:

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-...

 

Pregnancy correlated with higher risk of domestic violence:

 

https://afs.gov.au/cfca/publications/domestic-and-family-violence-pregnancy-and-early-parenthood

 

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1122-6

 

 

But, I’m done responding to you since you don’t think a woman has a fundamental right to control her own body.  

 

 

 

 

Gold Conversationalist


@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yeah, CM you definitely aren’t a woman. Pregnancy gets measured medically in weeks and it’s 40 weeks.

 

Highest maternity mortality rate in the developed world:

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-...

 

Pregnancy correlated with higher risk of domestic violence:

 

https://afs.gov.au/cfca/publications/domestic-and-family-violence-pregnancy-and-early-parenthood

 

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1122-6

 

 

But, I’m done responding to you since you don’t think a woman has a fundamental right to control her own body.  

 

 

 

 


Manic, I'm not surprised but not disappointed either.  You never did answer my question (which is typical). I'm not part of the #MeTooNeedsAttention, but I do support men's and women's rights - born or unborn.

 

If a woman has a 'right to control her own body', then she should do that before she controls a baby's life.

 

I've never known any woman who says she's pregnant for 10 months (unless she's overdue). And I'd bet 98% see it the same way.  Maybe this will help you better:  

Is pregnancy nine months or ten months
Mom Answers (33)

  

BEST ANSWER 

Full term pregnancy is calculated as being 40 weeks. Which is 10 months. However, Your gestational weeks are only 38 weeks. You are not PREGNANT for the first 2 weeks as those are the weeks that are during yur cycle and fertilization. A full term pregnancy is anywhere between 38 and 40 weeks. So because most women don't find out til they are 6 weeks or so.. tech, they are only 'knowingly' pregnant for 9 months. It is very confusing. Don't believe everything to read on the internet. If you are unsure... ask your OB.

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yeah, CM you definitely aren’t a woman. Pregnancy gets measured medically in weeks and it’s 40 weeks.

 

Highest maternity mortality rate in the developed world:

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-...

 

Pregnancy correlated with higher risk of domestic violence:

 

https://afs.gov.au/cfca/publications/domestic-and-family-violence-pregnancy-and-early-parenthood

 

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1122-6

 

 

But, I’m done responding to you since you don’t think a woman has a fundamental right to control her own body.  

 

She does - "her body' not the body (actually "life") of the other person in this discussion.

 

As to highest maternity mortality rate - as stated previously, the concept of "the life of the mother" is valid. Merely, "on demand" is not and not related.

 

Domestic violence is hardly an excuse to kill the baby, it is a separate issue.

 

 


 

0 Kudos
276 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

 

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?


"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 


It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

 

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

 

"It's a child, not a choice"


Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it. 

 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. 

 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?


How does highest maternal mortality rate relate to baby killing? And you seem to oppose domestic violence (as do I) yet approve of the ultimate domestic violence - a mother killing her child -  because "sex lasts a short period of time"?

 

As to socialized medicine - is it your point that all abortions are performed on women without insurance? if not, what is the correlation?

0 Kudos
250 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

-@rk9152 wrote:


@ManicProgressive wrote:


Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it. 

 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. 

 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?


How does highest maternal mortality rate relate to baby killing? And you seem to oppose domestic violence (as do I) yet approve of the ultimate domestic violence - a mother killing her child -  because "sex lasts a short period of time"?

 

As to socialized medicine - is it your point that all abortions are performed on women without insurance? if not, what is the correlation?


 

 

 

 

Your responses and questions exemplify why men really shouldn’t be in the abortion rights discussion.  If you must, then you should do your due diligence and educate yourself about what happens to a woman while pregnant.  

 

Maternal mortality relates to pregnancy. By definition. I know you may not agree, but Women have a right to saving their life just like men do. And sometimes that requires abortion. Because pregnancy can kill the woman.  High blood pressure and its  complications are a leading factor. Ectopic pregnancy is as well. And postpartum hemorrhage.  

 

Universal health care is where anti-choice people should be putting their money. If you really care about the baby, you’ll care about it from pre-conception on. Cystic fibrosis screening, for example. Every white person should have this done before getting pregnant.  

 

Prenatal care. You’ll give the baby the best chance for a healthy productive life. And that means decreasing the risk of birth defects and birth injuries. It also helps keep the mother alive, which I doubt you care about. But if you at least care about women as an incubator, prenatal care keeps that incubator in good shape as well. Which is imperative for the baby’s health.  And in so doing, you’ll have fewer abortions.   See how that works? 

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

 

Your responses and questions exemplify why men really shouldn’t be in the abortion rights discussion.  If you must, then you should do your due diligence and educate yourself about what happens to a woman while pregnant.  

If two women had not endured what you want me to educate myself on we would not be having this discussion.

 

Maternal mortality relates to pregnancy. By definition. I know you may not agree, but Women have a right to saving their life just like men do. And sometimes that requires abortion. Because pregnancy can kill the woman.  High blood pressure and its  complications are a leading factor. Ectopic pregnancy is as well. And postpartum hemorrhage.

So, to avoid maternal mortality are you suggesting each and every pregnant woman abort? I can understand the old standard that used to be applied, "the life of the mother" but that is not what this is about. This is about "on demand". BTW if pregnancy is a hazard to a woman,there is a thing called a tubal ligation. So that is not a factor in this discussion. 

 

Universal health care is where anti-choice people should be putting their money. If you really care about the baby, you’ll care about it from pre-conception on. Cystic fibrosis screening, for example. Every white person should have this done before getting pregnant.  

That argument says, in effect, "I was careless so unless someone else is willing to pay all the expenses of my child - kill her".

 

Prenatal care. You’ll give the baby the best chance for a healthy productive life. And that means decreasing the risk of birth defects and birth injuries. It also helps keep the mother alive, which I doubt you care about. But if you at least care about women as an incubator, prenatal care keeps that incubator in good shape as well. Which is imperative for the baby’s health.  And in so doing, you’ll have fewer abortions.   See how that works? 


Yes, prenatal care is important - but killing the child is terrible prenatal care.

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:


It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 


Do you consider killing a person to be a God given right?

Honored Social Butterfly

manic wrote-It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem is that many of us  think it is the baby`s body we should care about and not because the woman made a mistake. Manic is right about one thing ,, men do make bad judgements when picking women to have sex with.With that being said,it is generally women who is responsible for birth control when having sex.

Honored Social Butterfly

manic wrote-It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As long as you brought God into the topic-It was God who said "I was with you ,even in the womb" Without checking -I believe it was in Jerimiah

Honored Social Butterfly

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.


It's beyond very sad that anyone would think that sex is a woman allowing a man to "use her body".  Men don't necessarily want to "make her pregnant" just because they want o have sex with a woman, it's sad to think so. Also, women don't get pregnant only because a man insists on not wearing a condom, contraceptives of all kinds sometimes fail. So if a woman chooses to have a man in her life it's because "they have to have a man and can't think for themselves"? Hmmmmm ......... what a unique way of looking at those things.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.


No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. Not sure who keeps making this statement, but I love this dumb argument....................... If it is a God given right for a woman to own and control her own body, why doesn't she exercise this control when some dude wants to make her pregnant? Women act like they only have the right to make a decision about their body after a man finishes using it. If some one is in a relationship where the man insists on unprotected sex, then she needs to get out. I hear foolish women who think they have to do whatever to keep "their man" happy....BS. AND, no I am not talking about rape. I'm talking about women who think they have to have a man and can't think for themselves.


No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. 


No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

Honored Social Butterfly

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

 

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@oceanedge2 wrote:

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

 

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

 


The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine. Someone cannot kill you or I simply because we are an inconvenience.

 

And remember, this is not about a woman procreating - it is quite the opposite.

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

 

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

 


The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine. Someone cannot kill you or I simply because we are an inconvenience.

 

And remember, this is not about a woman procreating - it is quite the opposite.


Pregnancy is an inconvenience? Spoken like someone who’s never been pregnant?

0 Kudos
258 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

 

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

 


The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine. Someone cannot kill you or I simply because we are an inconvenience.

 

And remember, this is not about a woman procreating - it is quite the opposite.


Pregnancy is an inconvenience? Spoken like someone who’s never been pregnant?


Why else would one kill their baby?

Honored Social Butterfly

The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine.

 

The law of the land states we each have guaranteed rights to privacy.  If I decide to abort a fetus, it is not your business, not your concern, not your decision, not your issue.  It is mine and mine alone.  Legally protected.

I'm not at all interested, or have any right to be interest in the amount of pregnancies you are responsible for.  Your refusal to acknowledge the personal decisions I make for myself is disrespectful.  Your physical reactions of your disrespect would be illegal.

 

If we abuse our children, the law would step in.  Basically, all you have is hot air attempting to contol the temperature.  Useless.

 

 

0 Kudos
207 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@oceanedge2 wrote:

 

 

The law of the land states we each have guaranteed rights to privacy. 

True - however, if I kill you in private, I am still subject to repercussions.

If I decide to abort a fetus, it is not your business, not your concern, not your decision, not your issue.  It is mine and mine alone.  Legally protected.

How about a viable human being. Do you think that killing that person should be entirely your decision? Remember, at that point we are not talking about your body, we are talking about a separate person and his or her body.

I'm not at all interested, or have any right to be interest in the amount of pregnancies you are responsible for.  Your refusal to acknowledge the personal decisions I make for myself is disrespectful.  Your physical reactions of your disrespect would be illegal.
I have no idea what that means.

 

If we abuse our children, the law would step in.  Basically, all you have is hot air attempting to contol the temperature.  Useless.

And now the insult card gets played.

 

 


 

0 Kudos
211 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


 

 


 

Honored Social Butterfly

No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. @ManicProgressive..................where do you get that I have a low opinion of women? My elderly Mom used to do this. One person or group could be mentioned and she went all to pieces thinking it was everyone. Also, please explain how the government is owning any bodies of women for any length of time. I can't begin to imagine where some on the left will go next in order to justify killing an innocent baby. Maybe if the government will just say, "no" for the ones too weak to say it for themselves. That is if the government is in the bedrooms or alleys or wherever all the stuff takes place that women have zero control over until the act is over and then harp about the right of their body.
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:
No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. @ManicProgressive..................where do you get that I have a low opinion of women? My elderly Mom used to do this. One person or group could be mentioned and she went all to pieces thinking it was everyone. Also, please explain how the government is owning any bodies of women for any length of time. I can't begin to imagine where some on the left will go next in order to justify killing an innocent baby. Maybe if the government will just say, "no" for the ones too weak to say it for themselves. That is if the government is in the bedrooms or alleys or wherever all the stuff takes place that women have zero control over until the act is over and then harp about the right of their body.

95% of what you post about women is demeaning. Doesn’t matter the topic.

 

if the government is telling me what I can do with my body, that means it has control (aka ownership) over me.

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. @ManicProgressive..................where do you get that I have a low opinion of women? My elderly Mom used to do this. One person or group could be mentioned and she went all to pieces thinking it was everyone. Also, please explain how the government is owning any bodies of women for any length of time. I can't begin to imagine where some on the left will go next in order to justify killing an innocent baby. Maybe if the government will just say, "no" for the ones too weak to say it for themselves. That is if the government is in the bedrooms or alleys or wherever all the stuff takes place that women have zero control over until the act is over and then harp about the right of their body.

95% of what you post about women is demeaning. Doesn’t matter the topic.

 

if the government is telling me what I can do with my body, that means it has control (aka ownership) over me.

 

 


Your body is not the topic. It is the life of a separate person.
Honored Social Butterfly

Biden and Obama -joined at the hip----------72ee6b9b2f12558942e3a5287cf58e28.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

Biden and Obama -joined at the hip----------72ee6b9b2f12558942e3a5287cf58e28.jpg


“Punished with a baby??” Now that my friends is a statement from one with a sick mind.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png