Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 73

Rk you either don’t get it or you are just trying to stir up trouble. A tubal ligation is great if a woman knows beforehand pregnancy is dangerous. But the way women generally find out pregnancy is dangerous is by being pregnant. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Your responses and questions exemplify why men really shouldn’t be in the abortion rights discussion.  If you must, then you should do your due diligence and educate yourself about what happens to a woman while pregnant.  

If two women had not endured what you want me to educate myself on we would not be having this discussion.

Maternal mortality relates to pregnancy. By definition. I know you may not agree, but Women have a right to saving their life just like men do. And sometimes that requires abortion. Because pregnancy can kill the woman.  High blood pressure and its  complications are a leading factor. Ectopic pregnancy is as well. And postpartum hemorrhage.

So, to avoid maternal mortality are you suggesting each and every pregnant woman abort? I can understand the old standard that used to be applied, "the life of the mother" but that is not what this is about. This is about "on demand". BTW if pregnancy is a hazard to a woman,there is a thing called a tubal ligation. So that is not a factor in this discussion. 

Universal health care is where anti-choice people should be putting their money. If you really care about the baby, you’ll care about it from pre-conception on. Cystic fibrosis screening, for example. Every white person should have this done before getting pregnant.  

That argument says, in effect, "I was careless so unless someone else is willing to pay all the expenses of my child - kill her".

Prenatal care. You’ll give the baby the best chance for a healthy productive life. And that means decreasing the risk of birth defects and birth injuries. It also helps keep the mother alive, which I doubt you care about. But if you at least care about women as an incubator, prenatal care keeps that incubator in good shape as well. Which is imperative for the baby’s health.  And in so doing, you’ll have fewer abortions.   See how that works? 

Yes, prenatal care is important - but killing the child is terrible prenatal care.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 73

@Soosie wrote:
 I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

LOL!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 73

-@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it. 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?

How does highest maternal mortality rate relate to baby killing? And you seem to oppose domestic violence (as do I) yet approve of the ultimate domestic violence - a mother killing her child -  because "sex lasts a short period of time"?

As to socialized medicine - is it your point that all abortions are performed on women without insurance? if not, what is the correlation?

Your responses and questions exemplify why men really shouldn’t be in the abortion rights discussion.  If you must, then you should do your due diligence and educate yourself about what happens to a woman while pregnant.  

Maternal mortality relates to pregnancy. By definition. I know you may not agree, but Women have a right to saving their life just like men do. And sometimes that requires abortion. Because pregnancy can kill the woman.  High blood pressure and its  complications are a leading factor. Ectopic pregnancy is as well. And postpartum hemorrhage.  

Universal health care is where anti-choice people should be putting their money. If you really care about the baby, you’ll care about it from pre-conception on. Cystic fibrosis screening, for example. Every white person should have this done before getting pregnant.  

Prenatal care. You’ll give the baby the best chance for a healthy productive life. And that means decreasing the risk of birth defects and birth injuries. It also helps keep the mother alive, which I doubt you care about. But if you at least care about women as an incubator, prenatal care keeps that incubator in good shape as well. Which is imperative for the baby’s health.  And in so doing, you’ll have fewer abortions.   See how that works? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Do you believe that an adult woman has a RIGHT TO LIFE, @Soosie.

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?

"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It's a child not a choice!

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 

It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

"It's a child, not a choice"

Nope. Sex lasts for a short period of time. Pregnancy is for 10 months. A woman has dominion over her body for all of it. 

A man doesn’t get the choice of forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. Because that’s not his body doing all the work and taking all the risk. You seem to see the baby as nothing but and end result after it’s born. 

Are you a woman? Have you been pregnant? Why do we have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world? Why is pregnancy correlated with a significantly higher risk of domestic violence? Why are so many people fighting universal health care that would provide quality prenatal care?

How does highest maternal mortality rate relate to baby killing? And you seem to oppose domestic violence (as do I) yet approve of the ultimate domestic violence - a mother killing her child -  because "sex lasts a short period of time"?

As to socialized medicine - is it your point that all abortions are performed on women without insurance? if not, what is the correlation?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 73

w@cm9889168 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This happens to represent my view. You are entitled to your view and I to mine. I don't support anyone who believes that a baby has no right to life.

Over 600 women in the U.S. die from complications of pregnancy each year. If an abortion would have saved those lives, would you support an abortion in those cases?

"Over 600 women...?"  And how many millions of babies are killed because the mother doesn't want a pregnancy?

Another BS made-up story to ease a conscience.  No one refuses a woman who is truly in danger of dying...the problem is many women decide they just don't want the baby, or they're mad at the father (not giving him a chance to raise the baby), and they think because of the stress or a headache they can have an abortion and kill the baby.  Why?  They'd rather see it dead than to let a family who maybe can't have children adopt it?  No excuses for killing a child...born or un-born. 

It’s a woman who has a god given right to own and control her own body. If a man is upset with that, he should have thought twice before having sex with her. 

It is NOT a God-given right for a woman to 'own' and control her own body. I don't think God would want a baby killed.

And some will blame the man that she got pregnant (we're not talking rape here).  I'm tired and embarrassed that women have no control and jump into sex, and then when they are expecting a baby they cry that it's their body and they can choose.  They lost the right to 'choose' when they shared their body with a man and got pregnant.  Now that baby is 1/2 the father's, too.  So he should get the 'choice' to raise his child if he wants to and she doesn't.  I find it hard to believe she'd rather kill the baby than let it live with the father.

*And please don't give me that whine about how 'it's so hard to carry and birth a baby'.  It's more difficult and expensive raising a child then the few short months of carrying it.  So let the father raise the baby or give the real gift of love to someone who isn't able to have a baby.

Women can't just 'choose' that if they love the man or want to get a man to stay with them THEN it's both of their baby...or when they expect child support THEN he's the 'father'.  They can't have it both ways.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine. Someone cannot kill you or I simply because we are an inconvenience.

And remember, this is not about a woman procreating - it is quite the opposite.

Pregnancy is an inconvenience? Spoken like someone who’s never been pregnant?

Why else would one kill their baby?

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
No matter how low your opinion is of women, it doesn’t justify government’s owning their bodies for any length of time. @ManicProgressive..................where do you get that I have a low opinion of women? My elderly Mom used to do this. One person or group could be mentioned and she went all to pieces thinking it was everyone. Also, please explain how the government is owning any bodies of women for any length of time. I can't begin to imagine where some on the left will go next in order to justify killing an innocent baby. Maybe if the government will just say, "no" for the ones too weak to say it for themselves. That is if the government is in the bedrooms or alleys or wherever all the stuff takes place that women have zero control over until the act is over and then harp about the right of their body.

95% of what you post about women is demeaning. Doesn’t matter the topic.

if the government is telling me what I can do with my body, that means it has control (aka ownership) over me.

Your body is not the topic. It is the life of a separate person.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 73

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

No one is looking to own anyone's body. The objectic is to protect the body of the baby.

The Constitutional rights of privacy allow all citizens to control their own lives.  Forty six years ago that basic fact needed to be and was reiterated especially to support those rights for women.

The minute you place your concern in any aspect of a woman's ability to procreate, you are invading her privacy by attempting to infringe upon her legal rights, wanting to control/own her decisions for her.

The "body of the baby" is not your concern, morally, ethically or legally.  Those still having difficulty accepting that fact, I consider as busy-bodies who obviously have a critical lack of respect for another's privacy, along with seriously detrimental to mental heath control issues that are always inflicted upon the victims they do have relationships with.

The body of the baby is the business of the same law enforcement people and those involved with writing laws as does you body or mine. Someone cannot kill you or I simply because we are an inconvenience.

And remember, this is not about a woman procreating - it is quite the opposite.

Pregnancy is an inconvenience? Spoken like someone who’s never been pregnant?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors