Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I’m An Immigrant, And Trump Represents My Views On Immigration Way Better Than Democrats Do

Message 21 of 49

@ManicProgressive wrote:

“We” is America. We are all Americans here, right? We are all responsible for what our government does because we elected them. And when our government holds people in custody without their full constitutional rights, “we” should all be mad and we should all protest and we should all vote and hold them accountable.  And yes, illegal immigrants in our country have many rights under our Constitution.

Yes 'we' is America.  And we as America holds the government responsible for for enforcing our laws and in protecting our borders against invasions of all kinds. 

"WE" expect our government to prosecute those violating our national borders in accordance with the laws.  Of course those illegal immigrants doesn't have any special rights either, and those aiding and abetting these illegals are liable as anyone aiding others furthering criminal activities.  There is no provision for mob rule either.

There are legal means for anyone to enter our country. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: I’m An Immigrant, And Trump Represents My Views On Immigration Way Better Than Democrats Do

Message 22 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
@, and demand the humane treatment of those who are in our custody. @this poster...........what in the world does this mean? Do the Liberals in this group have people in their custody?

“We” is America. We are all Americans here, right? We are all responsible for what our government does because we elected them. And when our government holds people in custody without their full constitutional rights, “we” should all be mad and we should all protest and we should all vote and hold them accountable.  And yes, illegal immigrants in our country have many rights under our Constitution.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
@, and demand the humane treatment of those who are in our custody. @this poster...........what in the world does this mean? Do the Liberals in this group have people in their custody?

"our custody" ......... as in   'in the custody of this country' ....................... just in case this was too complicated for the CONservatives in this group to understand.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 49

@n566192l wrote:

john258,

I sincerely hope that we are not on the way to where Germany was in 1930. 

We are and not because of the one political party he refers to, but also the other under the guise of political correctness.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 49
I'm sure everyone caught the BAITING ATTEMPT you initiated by throwing in CONCENTRATION CAMPS knowing I am JEWISH. @nctarheel.................I doubt that you are special enough for everyone to know you are Jewish. I didn't know, and don't care. Question for you..........If being Jewish is off limits in this group, then why is it OK to bash Christians?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

I'm sure everyone caught the BAITING ATTEMPT you initiated by throwing in CONCENTRATION CAMPS knowing I am JEWISH.

Sorry, but your attempt failed.

Sad for you.

No baiting attempt, but just stating an historic fact.  Perhaps you should look at the many accusing posts you make to others drawing attention to your ethnicity to curtail others postings. 

And why do you think posts are directed solely at you? 

Further you have over the time brought up the same topic and country in your attempts to curtail free speech and polite speech of others for your own purposes.  You are the one who mostly attempts to draw attention to yourself and your ethnic background.

Why are you attempting to censor sources and posts others make?  Are you not attempting to restrict what others post.  Are you not attempting to censor our posts and opinions for your own benefit?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 49

The core of Republican opposition to immigrants is that they are ILLEGAL. The ones who make it across the border must be expelled and "go to the back of the line" because they "cut in line" ahead of immigrants who did the paperwork before coming.

But those who "did the paperwork" lived in a peaceful country where they could just bop on in to the American Consulate and get their papers in order. They also lived in a country with a stable economy so they can save the money needed to meet the "self-sufficiency" requirements for legal immigration as well as having a good education and very probably speaking some English/American that being the "lingua-franca" of the World these days.

Each year, we accept and absorb over 1,000,000 LEGAL immigrants and thanks to jrbush, we also get along well with virtually all the 11,000,000 workers who decided to stay on this side of the border when jr threatened to close it and cut them off from their jobs.

The 7,000 mostly women and children marching toward what they still believe is the World's Best Hope are vilified by Republicans as some Mongol Hoard that will destroy our civilization while they ignore an equal (or greater) number of murderous thugs in MS13 who pose a real threat to their neighbors. Some will lie and say lil donny is coming down hard on MS13, but if so, why is all the energy of the Federal Government going toward ripping infants and children from their mother's arms and then insuring the babies will never again see their parents?

The illegal immigrants are not a threat to anybody's job. The threat to your job is a boss who will replace you with an illegal knowing the Republican Congress will never allow him to be punished. Proof? How many EMPLOYERS of illegal immigrants has either jrbush or lil donny taken to court?

For 8 years, President Obama deported more illegals than any Republican President in history, and still the GOPers in Congress used the Filibuster and their stolen majorities to block every attempt at fixing our immigration policy and dealing with the 11,000,000 who are here without proper documentation.

Now the GOPers hold power in all three branches of government and cannot even begin to address the problem with anything except an absurd notion that somehow a wall along our southern border will do anything more than look ugly.

The Republicans have nothing but fear and a enraged base that can be lied to with impunity and have proven they cannot govern. the solution to our immigration problem is simple - REMOVE THE OBSTACLE THAT HAS PREVENTED PROGRESS FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS - THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 49

This is what I would like to add to the "core????" of this group.  I see posts that say, "Do you think WE should do this or that?"  Who is WE?  Someway, this little group seems to have determined only your opinions count and you don't even have to provide a source for your posts.  We are not all alike (thank God).  Until you learn to think of US as Americans who live in the United States, then your posts continue to be the silly, child-like junk posted in this group.  Some of you think people coming in illegally are the people we have to help.  Then, you seem to think you can extort the money to pay for this from those of us who are still working and paying taxes.  If you want change, there are companies who are hiring.  Try getting away from your laptop and hunting a better source for all the demands you seem to want to impose on others.  You are a small group.  I see much larger groups who are PO'd at this kind of thinking.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

I don't complain about sources that are politically incorrect; just sources that are tabloid journalism taken as fact. Reading drivel from sources no better than THE GLOBE, THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER, and THE SUN is just a waste of time.

In my opinion the post Jim made wasn't claimed to be fact but was the opinion of the article's author relating her experiences.  If you don't agree with sources then why not present information about the topic disproving what was posted.

What you are saying is that you don't agree with the post, so you are attacking the source instead of what was posted.  No doubt you do take the thread off-topic because you can't disprove what was posted.

Further and on topic I can relate to what the article's author said.  47 years ago, my wife and I spent over half a day in Saigon at the American embassy getting her visa processed before we were to leave for this country the next day.  Additionally it was frustrating because I had to arrange for a flight from Danang on a USAF C-130 (if you would have ever flown on one you would know that they aren't the most comfortable transportation).  The reason I obtained authorization was because the North Vietnamese army was pushing south and the commercial flights were full. 

After the experience in Saigon we had to spend a day at INS in Houston processing paperwork for her green card.  But she came here legally having followed the legal procedures.

Based on our experiences I found the information in the article Jim posted to be valid. 

Again there is no doubt that you attack the source instead of the information or messenger is because you can't. 

Tx-  look on the bright side. The posters  new obsession with supposed unreliable news sources have at least given us a break from the guys biased attacks on yoiur great state.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/24/im-immigrant-trump-represents-views-immigration-way-better-democ...

Come on, folks.

Here's another overly lengthy, slanted, bogus article from a resource that is well known for the following:

(1) It is a media outlet that keeps its funding source a SECRET. What does that tell you, ladies and gentlemen?

(2) It is a media source that published an op-ed (and thus defended the op-ed's thesis), that Roy Moore's dating of VERY YOUNG GIRLS had MERIT; especially if you want to raise a large family, Imagine that folks,  a resource that has DEFENDED child molestation being used for populating the earth is also being used as a credible resource.

(3) The founder was previously the founder of RED STATE, a RIGHT WING blog.

(4) The founder is a climate change denier; how are those odd storms treating your area lately, folks.

(5) There are even links of this site to the ALLIANCE DEFENDING FREEDOM(ADF). sounds like a good American organization, doesn't it folks? Its purpose is to make HOMOSEXUALITY  a CRIME here in the good old U.S. of A. They are so FAR RIGHT, they are off the scale. Again, a source with the credibility of a TABLOID.

It is a shame that some use discredited and debunked resources as these to "speak the truth" as "they call it" but some simple research provides boatloads of evidence that these resources are boatloads of ....... can't say it, I am a gentleman.

I know gentlemen, and gentlemen don't refer to another as a chump!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors