Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I’m An Immigrant, And Trump Represents My Views On Immigration Way Better Than Democrats Do

Message 11 of 49

@john258 wrote:

I outlined to you all the things Trump has done so far and they match what Hitler did in Germany period.

The topic isn't about Trump, Germany in the 1930's, etc.  So can you address immigration and leave your unsourced essays about Germany, etc out?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I’m An Immigrant, And Trump Represents My Views On Immigration Way Better Than Democrats Do

Message 12 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

john258,

I sincerely hope that we are not on the way to where Germany was in 1930. 

We are and not because of the one political party he refers to, but also the other under the guise of political correctness.  

I outlined to you all the things Trump has done so far and they match what Hitler did in Germany period. The political correctness you talk about is the fall back position all the far right take when they have no answer on a subject. On this subject we have people who use the system for their own benefit then want to stop everyone else from following them and using the system. Only the far right Trump enablers would do this, and the same type of thing happens when ever a Dictator takes over by election. We saw Hitler do it, and we see it being done in Turkey now.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

In my opinion the post Jim made wasn't claimed to be fact but was the opinion of the article's author relating her experiences.
 Based on our experiences I found the information in the article Jim posted to be valid.

Hey @TxGrandpa2, my fIrst question is how do you disprove an OPINION?

But let's get to the meat of how this article is slanted. In fact, her experiences are so far askance from a refugee's experience, we are really talking about apple and oranges.

As an Indian coming to this country, she already was fluent in English as it is one of the main languages of her country of origin. In the U.S,, Indians average $75,000 a year incomes as they arrive with higher than secondary education. More than half own homes as they enter the country with nest eggs of their own. They average 30 years of age; over 82% are married couple households.

In other words, they achieve the so-called "AMERICAN DREAM" even before they set feet on our soil.

TRUMP THE CHUMP has said before that he would love to close to the border to everyone but people similar in social stature to the INDIANS who come here.

But that is NOT the AMERICAN DREAM. That's just bringing more WELL-TO-DO people to the United States to gentrify neighborhoods, increase costs of goods, and services.

As the STATUE says...... give me tired, your poor........ it never mentions THE RICH.

Nor, does it mention “give me your MS-13 members, your child rapists, your criminals, your mentally ill, your miscreants”.

We want all immigrants, all immigrants who come here legaaly...that is!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 49

@ManicProgressive wrote:

If you are posting solely about the topic, don’t quote me. If you quote me, I assume you are responding to the material in my post.  

So are you now telling others what they can or cannot post?  Typical of liberal thinking. The topic is about immigration and not about government breaking the law while they are attempting to enforce it. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

None of that has anything to do with what I said. You turn it around to illegal immigrants breaking the law when I’m talking about the government breaking the law. What are you doing to hold the government accountable for its actions? 

To the contrary, the topic is about immigration.  And the government is attempting to enforce our laws on immigration.  The liberal opinion is that illegals are entitled to break our laws, but it is the govenment enforcing them are the ones doing so.  They have no problem with illegals invading this country lowering living standards and wages.

As to what I am doing about the government's actions, I just mailed off my absentee ballot expressing my opinion of it's current actions.  And by the way, orders are being prepared to send hundreds of federal troops to the border to assist with meeting this attempted influx of potential illegals.

If you are posting solely about the topic, don’t quote me. If you quote me, I assume you are responding to the material in my post.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 49

@ManicProgressive wrote:

None of that has anything to do with what I said. You turn it around to illegal immigrants breaking the law when I’m talking about the government breaking the law. What are you doing to hold the government accountable for its actions? 

To the contrary, the topic is about immigration.  And the government is attempting to enforce our laws on immigration.  The liberal opinion is that illegals are entitled to break our laws, but it is the govenment enforcing them are the ones doing so.  They have no problem with illegals invading this country lowering living standards and wages.

As to what I am doing about the government's actions, I just mailed off my absentee ballot expressing my opinion of it's current actions.  And by the way, orders are being prepared to send hundreds of federal troops to the border to assist with meeting this attempted influx of potential illegals.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

“We” is America. We are all Americans here, right? We are all responsible for what our government does because we elected them. And when our government holds people in custody without their full constitutional rights, “we” should all be mad and we should all protest and we should all vote and hold them accountable.  And yes, illegal immigrants in our country have many rights under our Constitution.

Yes 'we' is America.  And we as America holds the government responsible for for enforcing our laws and in protecting our borders against invasions of all kinds. 

"WE" expect our government to prosecute those violating our national borders in accordance with the laws.  Of course those illegal immigrants doesn't have any special rights either, and those aiding and abetting these illegals are liable as anyone aiding others furthering criminal activities.  There is no provision for mob rule either.

There are legal means for anyone to enter our country. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

john258,

We are.

To the contrary.  The voters will have a chance in a few weeks to say what they think.  I've already mailed my absentee ballot in expressing my views about how I would like our government to be.

Germans in 1930 didn't have that option. 

Further, just because a person disagrees with the administration in office doesn't mean that we have the same type of government as they did.

Oh but they did. How little you know.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 49

@john258 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

john258,

We are.

To the contrary.  The voters will have a chance in a few weeks to say what they think.  I've already mailed my absentee ballot in expressing my views about how I would like our government to be.

Germans in 1930 didn't have that option. 

Further, just because a person disagrees with the administration in office doesn't mean that we have the same type of government as they did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 49

@n566192l wrote:

john258,

We are.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors