Social Butterfly

I hope AARP is Getting Paid for Advertising The Daily Kos

Not sure exactly what the Daily Kos is but apparently BarryP443493 is in charge of advertising or distribution. If I wanted to read everything in whatever a "Kos" is I'd subscribe.

Regular Contributor

Daily Kos is a group blog and internet forum focused on the Democratic Party and liberal politics. The site features a participatory political encyclopedia, glossaries, and other content. It is sometimes considered an example of "netroots" activism.

It was founded in 2002 by Markos Moulitsas and takes the name Kos from the last syllable of his first name, his nickname whilst in the military.
Honored Social Butterfly

@bs49257304 wrote:
Daily Kos is a group blog and internet forum focused on the Democratic Party and liberal politics. The site features a participatory political encyclopedia, glossaries, and other content. It is sometimes considered an example of "netroots" activism.

It was founded in 2002 by Markos Moulitsas and takes the name Kos from the last syllable of his first name, his nickname whilst in the military.

Nice that you like it, but how about forgetting to use it in here and talk from what you know. One should get their information from many different places not just one. The far right enablers get their information from one source and most in here know the far right understand little of what is really going on, and that applies to all people use use one source. You are taking what thinking people post and dragging it down to the same level as the far right by your addiction to the Daily Kos. Let the DK stand on its own with out the endless pushing to read it. That approach turns off thinking people. So how about a 2 month break from anything from the DK as your support. We do not need a far right approach to counter Dictator Trump.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Too much of one source isn't the path to being fair and balanced. I feel that the Daily KOS is being forced on everyone.  I receive their stuff in my email box, we don't need such a large number of topics here to be based on The Daily KOS, it's almost like spamming.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@bs49257304 wrote:

Great. Now anyone who wants to read it can subscribe to it instead of having a dozen articles from it posted here. A little moderation, eh?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LouLit01 wrote:

@bs49257304 wrote:

Great. Now anyone who wants to read it can subscribe to it instead of having a dozen articles from it posted here. A little moderation, eh?

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with using an article from The Daily Kos as a post or a source. They are not near as radical to the left as Breitbart is to the right.

On the other hand ............ posting such a high number of Daily Kos topics and filling up the board with them is a type of spam.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

Hello, Lou,

I also noted that member posting major KOS articles, so just stopped reading their posts.

Never would I have accused AARP of getting "paid" for those posts, so I'd recommend backing off that subject line.

Next, there is a link entitled "Report Inappropriate Content" on each and every post. Perhaps, use it when you suspect a post is being used for profit. I've done that and it works; AARP Community Managers investigate and take action when appropriate.

Finally, as I wrote above, just ignore that member's posts.

hth

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Hello, Lou,

I also noted that member posting major KOS articles, so just stopped reading their posts.

Never would I have accused AARP of getting "paid" for those posts, so I'd recommend backing off that subject line.

Next, there is a link entitled "Report Inappropriate Content" on each and every post. Perhaps, use it when you suspect a post is being used for profit. I've done that and it works; AARP Community Managers investigate and take action when appropriate.

Finally, as I wrote above, just ignore that member's posts.

hth

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I said I hope AARP is getting paid for advertiseng Kos. Not an accusation. It's a perfectly appropriate subject line but thanks for your recommendation.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png