Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I can't keep up with Trumps Failures...

Message 41 of 94

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Now we can add the imaginary summit with North Korea to the list. 

Kim Jong-un has wanted a meeting with a leader form one of the world power countries for some time. He wants to be seen on a world stage giving him legitimacy. Why reward him with this without him first meeting some requirements we lay down first? Trump has no idea what he is doing, he is simply being reactionary to Kim Jong-un's offer, taking this as a way to get into the limelight himself.

He is only ego driven. His first statement when the meeting was offered was to say "I hope the media gives me credit for this". I give him credit for grandstanding, he has laid down no requirements from Kim Jong-un, he's allowing Jon-un to call the shots. Trump is a bully and a loudmouth who is inherently weak, very weak on foreign relations, global politics and diplomacy. This could very easily bite us in the posterior.

You don't want negotiations - what do you want, start slinging bombs?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 94
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 94

@williamb39198 wrote:

You want us to believe that trump was joking about the chinese leader?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It makes no difference to me what you believe that's your call.

That said, I watched and heard the speech.  I saw him laughing.  I can only say that anyone that watched and heard the speech and came away with the idea that he was serious is just stupid and a very poor judge of body language.

There are people on this forum forum that allow their hate for Trump, the man, to completely destroy their ability to think critically for themselves and allow the talking heads on TV to tell them what to think and do.

I hope that clears up for you what I think.  IMO of course...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 94

You want us to believe that trump was joking about the chinese leader? When trump has praised and shown admiration for every extreme dictatorial leader in the world? 

Who’s trying to kid who here?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 94

@MIsekerwrote:

so here are a bunch of cartoons

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/cartoons/2017/02/01/cartoons-on-president-donald-trump

Best post ever.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 94

@ChasKy53 wrote:

President Donald Trump in a private speech on Saturday praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Was that with or without the tinfoil hat?

I heard the speech.  The delivery and inflection in his voice clearly communicated he was joking.  

Are you telling me that you really believe he was serious about the term limits?

You people need to lighten up and stop listening to the talking heads that are encouraging people to RESIST!!

RESIST!  Regardless of how stupid it makes people sound to normal, rational thinking people...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 94

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

I am defending truth.You on the other hand are doing the opposite, you are defending john.

Would you care to address the issues in the post you are responding to? I did not see the President of China mentioned in there.

"Truth"?  Really ????? Fact checking during the trump campaign showed that he lied more than any candidate we have ever had. Fact checking has shown that he has already lied more than any president we have ever had.

Yes, trump did praise China's leader for abolishing term limits, the source I give isn't the only one, you just need to get out more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-abolishing-term-limits-maybe-well-give-that-a-shot-someda...

Term limits?? 

Did you not read the article provided?????? trump brought up eliminating term limits for president here in the states. He praised president Jinping for doing basically the same, enabling him to be their president forever. Educating yourself on the actual topic by reading the articles provided would eliminate asking such naive questions. From the article:

President Donald Trump in a private speech to Republican donors on Saturday floated the idea of abolishing presidential term limits.

• Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."
  • Trump also used the speech to bash his former opponent Hillary Clinton and insult former President George W. Bush.

President Donald Trump in a private speech on Saturday praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said, according to a recording obtained by CNN. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great."

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 94

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Repeating "our own best interests" simply doesn't make it so. This doesn't "set the table for clear and honest negotiation", it sets the table for a trade war which cannot be won.

AND ................. our allies have already learned not to expect anything "clear and honest" from trump !!

No, but approaching negotiations from that perspective does.

As to the last statement - no, that is the lightweight thinking of those who have not gotten over their loss of the last election. Hopefully, foreign leaders are more mature.

We are "approaching negotiation" from a position of our allies and other world leaders having the perspective that you cannot expect anything clear and honest from trump, many have stated that. Lunacy would only think that to be a situation giving trump some kind of power or advantage in negotiations, it only weakens our position.

The "last election" has nothing to do with this, "lightweight thinking" continually causes some to keep referring to that.

Yep foreign leaders are more mature .......... more mature than trump and many of them have already stated how they cannot trust him to be "clear and honest" not a good position for trump to be in when negotiating. "Lightweight thinking" would cause one to see it differently.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 94

@Richvawrote:

Now we can add the imaginary summit with North Korea to the list. 

Kim Jong-un has wanted a meeting with a leader form one of the world power countries for some time. He wants to be seen on a world stage giving him legitimacy. Why reward him with this without him first meeting some requirements we lay down first? Trump has no idea what he is doing, he is simply being reactionary to Kim Jong-un's offer, taking this as a way to get into the limelight himself.

He is only ego driven. His first statement when the meeting was offered was to say "I hope the media gives me credit for this". I give him credit for grandstanding, he has laid down no requirements from Kim Jong-un, he's allowing Jon-un to call the shots. Trump is a bully and a loudmouth who is inherently weak, very weak on foreign relations, global politics and diplomacy. This could very easily bite us in the posterior.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 94

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@rker321wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

By the numbers:

1) Can you cite an example of him being called a "bumpkin" on your "approved" news sources?

2) I know no such thing, and neither do you. I understand there are those who consider our Constitution and centuries old standards and traditions to be a block standing between them and their "workers paradise", but it is what it is.

3) If you can get away from your obsession with Fox long enough, can you cite an example of him saying he hates the American system from one of your "approved" news sources?

Aren't  you tired yet?   of defending this President of all the things that he says and many doesn't even do?
Aren't you tired yet that after a year, this Presidency has all the signs of being an spectacular failure?  Aren' t  you tired yet of seeing a man that is actually congratulating the China President for becoming President for life?  Aren't you tired yet for this President saying that perhaps due process doesn't work that well?
I believe that I could go on and on with all the defending that you have had to do ever since he became President.  So very sorry. I could have told you.

I am defending truth.You on the other hand are doing the opposite, you are defending john.

Would you care to address the issues in the post you are responding to? I did not see the President of China mentioned in there.

"Truth"?  Really ????? Fact checking during the trump campaign showed that he lied more than any candidate we have ever had. Fact checking has shown that he has already lied more than any president we have ever had.

Yes, trump did praise China's leader for abolishing term limits, the source I give isn't the only one, you just need to get out more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-abolishing-term-limits-maybe-well-give-that-a-shot-someda...

Term limits?? 

Why do democrats refuse to exhibit any sense of humor?  Any person that heard the words of the President with the inflection of his voice knew this was a joke.  The democrat party has gone over the edge and has become the most dishonest group of people on our planet.  It is a sad day for the party.

RESIST, regardless of how stupid it makes you sound to normal people.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views