Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I Used to Admire the Clintons

Message 61 of 90

Runner, I mean you no disrespect...

Are you aware that no  one on the right here takes you as a serious poster?

Consider a different approach to making your point... Just sain'...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 90

jimc91

"

I never voted for Clinton, but accepted him as my president. I was ok until it came to light that he was a sexual preditor during the Monica time period. My Daughter was the same age at the time.
I never understood why Hillary did not leave him and lost total respect for her as well...

And life goes on...she is NOT what she wants us to think she is... Call it a gut feeling...
VIMTSTL

"

jimc91..........It's not on the level of President, but I'm curious as to your opinion of David Vitter (found to have been a client of prostitutes in D.C. & Louisiana}, Mark Foley (forced to resign when he was found to be having inappropriate communications with male pages), Larry Craig (caught in a gay sex sting operation in a Minn. bathroom}, Mark Sanford (confessed to serious cheating on his wife after leaving his state unsupervised for a week...hiking the Appalachian Trail????), John Ensign (confessed to serious cheating on his wife with a staffer and caught paying hush money to the husband, his chief of staff}, Dick Armey, former tea party God (as an economics professor before entering Congress, was accused of sexually harassing female students, according to the Dallas Observer), Neil Bush (brother of George W. Bush, in a March 2003 divorce deposition, admitted repeatedly having sex with strange women who just showed up at his room while he was on an Asian business trip), Lewis Libby (former Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney. In 1996 published a novel containing bizarre sexual content, including bestiality and pedophilia).

And, of course, Newt Gingrich:

"According to L. H. Carter, reported to be one of Gingrich's closest friends until a falling-out in 1979,  "Newt is amoral.  There isn't any right or wrong,  there isn't any conservative or liberal.  There's only what will work best for Newt Gingrich."

Mary Kahn, wife of Mr. Gingrich's Congressional campaign manager during the 1970s said, "Newt uses people and then discards them as useless.  He really is a man with no conscience.  He just doesn't seem to care who he hurts or why." Keep those to quotes in mind as you read what Mr. Gingrich told the Washington Post on January 3, 1995:  "I have an enormous personal ambition.  I want to shift the entire planet.  And I am doing it." 

How about Bill O'Reilly?

"Right-wing conservative talk show host on Fox News, sued for sexual harrassment by his producer. The suit included graphic details, including tape-recordings. O'Reilly's wife was pregnant at the time. O'Reilly settled and paid millions of dollars rather than have the details become public."

http://liberalslikechrist.org/+Reasonable/gopimmorality.html

I know many on the right will criticize the "source." But all of this is TRUE and are supported by FACTS if one chooses to research. And there are MANY MORE.

And these are all REPUBLICANS.

Do you have the same outrage and have you lost respect for them?

Smiley

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 90

Nonsense, gordy. What hurt Gore is that he distanced himself from Clinton, who left office with a very high approval rating. If any of this were about morals, we would be talking about George H.W. Bush's decades-long affair with Jennifer Fitzgerald, also leaked to the press by Linda Tripp. Gore let himself be sidetracked by the rightwing attacks on Clinton. That was a mistake. He should have embraced the Clinton legacy.

I ALSO agree that Gore should not have distanced himself from Bill Clinton. The economy was going well, surplus looked good, stock market doing fine. And at the time, no one knew the devastating affect the Glass-Steagall Reform Bill would have on the economy. So yes, at that time he should have embraced Bill Clinton. I felt from the beginning it was a mistake not to.

"Monica Lewinski" was a house-hold name at the time. Jennifer Fitz....who? Remember, Karl Rove had the Evangelicals "all fired up" over Democratic morals. I, myself, didn't buy into it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 90

@cat2011 wrote:
No, jim, I call it a partisan feeling where you're concerned. I have no doubt that you'd love to see support for Clinton undermined among Democrats, which is why you are taking such a restrained approach on this thread. Very sly, jim. Very sly.

What does it say about Hillary as a women?  Would you stay with a man that cheated on you and the entire world knew about it?  How would you like to be married to a known sexual preditor while running for President of the United States of America???

No Cat... Not partisan, observant...

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 90

I know three people, personally, who voted for Nader in 2000 and 2004. But they switched over to Obama in 2008.
The reason they were excited about Obama -- he put Healthcare front and center.
Obama attacked Wall Street, at least in campaign rhetoric. He even used a phrase often used by Nader -- "Fat Cats on Wall Street".
I remember reading an article by Nader in 2007. He used an old phrase from FDR - "Make me do it." I think it was just weeks later Obama quoted the same phrase while on the campaign trail. Obama knew how to tap into the Nader crowd. If only Gore and Kerry would have done the same.

So we finally got a national healthcare program - not quite the one Nader was fighting for, but it'll have to do, for now. So, to some degree, we have to thank Nader.

Here's why Gore lost the election....

(YouTube Video).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmtIV35gwfA

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 90
Nonsense, gordy. What hurt Gore is that he distanced himself from Clinton, who left office with a very high approval rating. If any of this were about morals, we would be talking about George H.W. Bush's decades-long affair with Jennifer Fitzgerald, also leaked to the press by Linda Tripp. Gore let himself be sidetracked by the rightwing attacks on Clinton. That was a mistake. He should have embraced the Clinton legacy.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 90
No, jim, I call it a partisan feeling where you're concerned. I have no doubt that you'd love to see support for Clinton undermined among Democrats, which is why you are taking such a restrained approach on this thread. Very sly, jim. Very sly.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 90
Sorry, Gordy, but I always thought that Obama could win the primary--and election. He won the Iowa caucuses, and I expected him to lose N.H. but win big in South Carolina. I don't see any similar dynamic for Bernie. I would certainly vote for him if he were the Democratic candidate, but I think there's no real chance. Meanwhile, I really don't understand your attacks on Clinton, She has always been more to the left of her husband, and her policy proposals on the campaign trail have been excellent. What don't you like about the policies she's ;proposed?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 90

"I never voted for Clinton, but accepted him as my president. I was ok until it came to light that he was a sexual preditor during the Monica time period."

Yes, and I think that hurt Al Gore in his election. Republicans were painting themselve as the party of morals. So yes, I think that hurt Al Gore.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 90
I never voted for Clinton, but accepted him as my president. I was ok until it came to light that he was a sexual preditor during the Monica time period. My Daughter was the same age at the time.
I never understood why Hillary did not leave him and lost total respect for her as well...

And life goes on...she is NOT what she wants us to think she is... Call it a gut feeling...
VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views