WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I Thought Mexico Was Paying 4 Trumps Wall?

Message 1 of 16

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump broke his campaign promise but you will never hear any of his supporters mention that.

c'mon - These people BELIEVED the promises, thought lil donny would make THEIR lives better and give them a more responsive Government. Now he's telling them he KEPT those promises, so OF COURSE they still believe them. The KGB don' hire no fools for their Psy Ops dept.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Another broken promise from Trump. The American taxpayer wasn't supposed to come up with one cent for his vanity wall.

But trump supporters don't care. They accept anything that trump does or says.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

wall pay fence.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

I Thought Mexico Was Paying 4 Trumps Wall?

Message 4 of 16

Another broken promise from Trump. The American taxpayer wasn't supposed to come up with one cent for his vanity wall.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

All of this back and forth on the border wall makes no sense due to why and how it became a Trump campaign pledge. For the 2nd time here is the story.

Trump does not understand or remember most subjects including immigration which his campaign handlers wanted him to talk about. They use reminder words in his speech outlines to make sure he covers a subject. Roger Stone came up with a 2 word reminder on immigration. BORDER WALL. That was to have Trump cover the subject. Trump used the 2 words in his speech on the immigration issue. The 2 words got him a great crowd reaction and Trump loves that. He started to use it in all his speeches. He added Mexico will pay for the wall and that got him an even greater crowd reaction and that was the start of all of this.

All of this border wall back and forth based on the above. That is really about 3rd grade level and why anyone would want to climb down to Trumps level and treat this subject like it was a well thought out policy idea is beyond belief.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

All of which is quite amusing, now that workers on the Border are on strike.   

More than 25,000 Mexican workers at dozens of factories south of Brownsville, Texas, went on strike Friday after owners of the plants that assemble for export refused union demands for a 20 percent pay hike and an annual bonus.

The Union of Maquiladora Industry Industrial Workers of Matamoros, the SJOIIM, said that by late Saturday nine companies had agreed to meet the salary and bonus demands.

Union leader Juan Villafuerte thanked union members who had stood outside in the rain and cold, noting "we hope to soon conclude this labor action."

Striking workers in the Mexican border city of Matamoros said Monday they have reached deals with 18 of 48 assembly plants, winning wage increases of 20 percent.

The strike was in its fourth day in Matamoros, which is south of Brownsville, Texas, where more than 25,000 workers walked out Friday at 48 factories that make auto parts, medical equipment, plastics and other goods. More than one-third of the city’s 130 border assembly plants were affected.

The Union of Maquiladora Industry Industrial Workers of Matamoros said 16 companies with a total of 18 plants agreed to raise wages and pay workers a one-time bonus of about $1,685.

So now, MX has improved the pay of many after a brief strike and corporations are happy to have assembly plants humming....and not relocating to USA.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

That was Trump's Number One campaign promise.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

Trump is the only president who has inspired the creation of an entire industry just to fact check his comments.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

What Other LIES will Trump's base believe?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

Trumps Wall Pictures.png

President Trump wants $5.7 billion to build a wall at the southern border of the United States.

Nancy Pelosi thinks a wall is “immoral.” The fight over these slats or barriers or bricks shut down the government for more than a month and may do so again if Mr. Trump isn’t satisfied with the way negotiations unfold over the next three weeks.

But let’s be clear: This is a disagreement about symbolism, not policy. Liberals object less to aggressive border security than to the wall’s xenophobic imagery, while the administration openly revels in its political incorrectness. And when this particular episode is over, we’ll still have been fighting about the wrong thing. It’s true that immigrants will keep trying to cross into the United States and that global migration will almost certainly increase in the coming years as climate change makes parts of the planet uninhabitable.

But technology and globalization are complicating the idea of what a border is and where it stands.

Not long from now, it won’t make sense to think of the border as a line, a wall or even any kind of imposing vertical structure. Tearing down, or refusing to fund, border walls won’t get anyone very far in the broader pursuit of global justice. The borders of the future won’t be as easy to spot, build or demolish as the wall that Mr. Trump is proposing. That’s because they aren’t just going up around countries — they’re going up around us. And they’re taking away our freedom.

In “The Jungle,” a play about a refugee camp in Calais, France, a Kurdish smuggler named Ali explains that his profession is not responsible for the large numbers of migrants making the dangerous journeys to Europe by sea. “Once, I was the only way a man could ever dream of arriving on your shore,” the smuggler says. But today, migrants can plan out the journeys using their phones. “It is not about this border. It’s the border in here,” Ali says, pointing to his head — “and that is gone, now.”

President Trump is obsessed with his border wall because technology has freed us from the walls in our heads.

For people with means and passports, it’s easy to plot exotic itineraries in a flash and book flights with just a glance at a screen. Social feeds are an endless stream of old faces in new places: a carefree colleague feeding elephants in Thailand; a smug college classmate on a “babymoon” in Tahiti; that awful ex hanging off a cliff in Switzerland; a friend’s parents enjoying retirement in New Zealand.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/opinion/sunday/border-wall-immigration-trump.html

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views