Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I Know Why Most White American Woman Vote GOP

Message 1 of 13

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:
He was defending another GOP member who argued it was OK to rape one's wife.

Wait. What?

I know....sounds unbelievable, doesn't it?

Yes, a so-called Christian (his definition) defended a GOP politician who said it was OK to rape one's wife.  He also argued that his wife should submit to him whenever he wanted, and quoted Scriptures....as shocking as that may sound.  He also said he would throw her out in the streets if she street if she refused.

Again, this illustrates what is referred to as a "faux-Christian".  UNREAL!

And the one who quickly, and with out justification calls others "sexist", never pushed back or used the appropriate term in this instance.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@mickstuder Yep, you pretty much summed it up pretty darn good!!!  I have been pondering and pondering the whole judical system taking that stance with the decisions on children of divorce!!!

Known fact that men make more than women and have more opportunity because many employers feel the man is the breadmaker and that's not even to mention the women who decide to put a career on hold to serve the family instead of themselves first.  Funny in some cases that is not even a factor in some of the decisions but was welcomed previous to the divorce!

I got divorced & remmarried one time when my 2 oldest children were 4 & 5 - my new wife helped me raise the my 2 kids for 10 years & then decided she wanted one of her own. She got pregnant - turned out she was going to have Triplets - I was still paying Child Support on the two oldest when the Triplets were born 1991

The Time & Money required to support 3 Babies was enormous so I went to the Court and asked if I could get some Temporary Relief on the Child Support Payments - not forgiveness just a deferrment for 6 months and then I would pay the back amount & continue my regularly scheduled payments - my ex-wife had also been remmaried for the previous 10 years

The Judge said the Court Did Not Even Recongise the Existence of the 3 New Children - they were irrelevant and denied my petition

mick...I am laughing even though it is not funny....hey, been paying my child support since he was able to convince the children to never abide by the joint custody/shared placement decision!!!!  Preaching to the choir! Parent Alienation is one of the toughest things to prove when the children are being bought and sold like possessions! The cost and use the children in court to spell it all out totally defeats my purpose of I will not use my children in court or for monetary gain!

When the support issue came to court - the judge determined that my former wife's income and earning capacity had become so much greater(she had earned her JD degree, was admitted to the bar and was a practicing attorney) that she owed back support to me.

I accepted the back support, but requested of the court that no further support be awarded to me - I never felt there was ever any good reason to twist the knife - the judge agreed.

After all, we didn't get married because we hated each other, did we?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@mickstuder wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Wow Weee...Holy cow!!!! smh... whoa, really???

Yeah I Agree - But lets Provide Some Context

It's 2019 & we have a Major Organized Religion in the USA - Openly asking their Female Membership - No Demanding - No the - SPECIFIC WORD USED IS - "Commanding" that Woman - "Submit" - to their Husbands

In The Age of ME TOO - where we are finally making some progress on a Womans Rights to Say NO - to Demand They Be Respected

Where Thousands of Men in Powerful Positions are being exposed for Abusing Woman

Where 100's of New Woman have been given the RIGHT to represent their Peers in the Halls of US Power in the Congress - Given That Right Not by some One Time Benevolent Action by a Bunch of Powerful White Guys - No Given That Right By a Majority Vote Expressing the Will of All Americans

All this Female Empowerment is once again rubbing up against the Hypocrisy of the Finatics in Organized Religion

Behind the Scenes - Quietly but Efficiently - Organized Religion is still Imposing the same 500 AD Shackles & Chains on WOMAN

Lets also not forget to point out the Fact that the Hypocrisy is not confined to Born Again - Evangelicals -

Woman are still Not Good Enough or Equal Enough to Be Priests in the Catholic Church - even after the exposure of 1000's of cases of Catholic Priests preying on young boys

Finally, we can also take a look at the Demonizing of the Worlds Other Religions by these So-called Worshippers of GODS and Family Values in the USA

Lets remind ourselves of Trumps Muslim Ban

MORE IMPORTANTLY LETS REMND OURSELVES OF THE ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA

Donald Trump responds to the Khan family: ‘Maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say’

Khan Family.png

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/30/donald-trump-responds-to-the-khan-family-m...

The greatest common flaw for all of the theistic religious belief systems is that there never has been any verifiable proof of the existence of a deity and it's manifestations - and that persistent lack of proof continues to be a major flaw and shortcoming for all theistic religious belief systems.

One is obligated to adhere to a belief in a deity - with all the various and assorted included assumptions - that have never - and can never be proved to exist - with multiple circular arguments presented in support of that belief...

Do I occasionally attend meetings with a group of people - none of whom believe there is any essential difference between Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and all the other belief systems?

Why yes, I do - I attend meetings with a group of people who have eschewed  political, religious, racial and sexual bigotry.

Mark Twain was absolutely correct when he wrote -

" I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's."

AND

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination from authorities who have not examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

To be absolutely fair - men are equally as irrational and equally as easily scammed as women as regards acceptance of political and religious hogwash in their society.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@mickstuder wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@mickstuder Yep, you pretty much summed it up pretty darn good!!!  I have been pondering and pondering the whole judical system taking that stance with the decisions on children of divorce!!!

Known fact that men make more than women and have more opportunity because many employers feel the man is the breadmaker and that's not even to mention the women who decide to put a career on hold to serve the family instead of themselves first.  Funny in some cases that is not even a factor in some of the decisions but was welcomed previous to the divorce!

I got divorced & remmarried one time when my 2 oldest children were 4 & 5 - my new wife helped me raise the my 2 kids for 10 years & then decided she wanted one of her own. She got pregnant - turned out she was going to have Triplets - I was still paying Child Support on the two oldest when the Triplets were born 1991

The Time & Money required to support 3 Babies was enormous so I went to the Court and asked if I could get some Temporary Relief on the Child Support Payments - not forgiveness just a deferrment for 6 months and then I would pay the back amount & continue my regularly scheduled payments - my ex-wife had also been remmaried for the previous 10 years

The Judge said the Court Did Not Even Recongise the Existence of the 3 New Children - they were irrelevant and denied my petition

mick...I am laughing even though it is not funny....hey, been paying my child support since he was able to convince the children to never abide by the joint custody/shared placement decision!!!!  Preaching to the choir! Parent Alienation is one of the toughest things to prove when the children are being bought and sold like possessions! The cost and use the children in court to spell it all out totally defeats my purpose of I will not use my children in court or for monetary gain!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@Laurie42010 wrote:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Yeah I Agree - But lets Provide Some Context

It's 2019 & we have a Major Organized Religion in the USA - Openly asking their Female Membership - No Demanding - No the - SPECIFIC WORD USED IS - "Commanding" that Woman - "Submit" - to their Husbands

In The Age of ME TOO - where we are finally making some progress on a Womans Rights to Say NO - to Demand They Be Respected

Where Thousands of Men in Powerful Positions are being exposed for Abusing Woman

Where 100's of New Woman have been given the RIGHT to represent their Peers in the Halls of US Power in the Congress - Given That Right Not by some One Time Benevolent Action by a Bunch of Powerful White Guys - No Given That Right By a Majority Vote Expressing the Will of All Americans

All this Female Empowerment is once again rubbing up against the Hypocrisy of the Finatics in Organized Religion

Behind the Scenes - Quietly but Efficiently - Organized Religion is still Imposing the same 500 AD Shackles & Chains on WOMAN

Lets also not forget to point out the Fact that the Hypocrisy is not confined to Born Again - Evangelicals -

Woman are still Not Good Enough or Equal Enough to Be Priests in the Catholic Church - even after the exposure of 1000's of cases of Catholic Priests preying on young boys

Finally, we can also take a look at the Demonizing of the Worlds Other Religions by these So-called Worshippers of GODS and Family Values in the USA

Lets remind ourselves of Trumps Muslim Ban

MORE IMPORTANTLY LETS REMND OURSELVES OF THE ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA

Donald Trump responds to the Khan family: ‘Maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say’

Khan Family.png

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/30/donald-trump-responds-to-the-khan-family-m...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13
I Know Why Most White American Woman Vote GOP @Mick.......Have you done any studies to see how Black American Women vote? It would be interesting to see a post showing this. I find that some of my older Black female friends did not get an opportunity for very much education and they don't read very much. They have less knowledge of some key issues. I just listen to them sometimes and only tell them the economy is thriving and taxes are lower. Then we change the subject to something like working out at the Y. I value their friendship. Our most common ground is that we are working senior ladies.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:
He was defending another GOP member who argued it was OK to rape one's wife.

Wait. What?

Oh but yes, I remember it too!  I believe it's against the TOS to say what poster it was.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views