Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I GUESS IF YOU SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES

Message 1 of 8

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Has anyone told them yet that the ACA and ObamaCare are one in the same?  They're probably thinking that's just FAKE news.....

"Poll: 'Obamacare' vs. 'Affordable Care Act' ... According to a new CNBC poll that surveyed two different groups, 46% of the group that was asked about "Obamacare" was opposed to the law, while 37% of the group asked about the "Affordable Care Act" was opposed to the law.Sep 27, 2013."

98.7% of those not knowing the difference voted for Donald Trump.

Link?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"98.7% of those not knowing the difference voted for Donald Trump."

The numerous examples of ignorance on the part of Trump voters is very scary. How can they boo the TPP so vociferoulsy when they don't even know what it is?

It is disingenuous of you to fault Trump voters in particular for ignorance of the TPP. Polls would indicate that the ignorance prevails pretty much across the political board with regard to the TPP.

"If the deal is approved by Congress, it would be one of the signature economic and foreign policy accomplishments of Obama’s presidency. But the White House is facing strong opposition from many Democrats who generally oppose current trade agreements, along with influential Republicans, like Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), who are upset with how the deal affects the financial services and pharmaceutical industries.

Despite Republicans’ historic support for major trade agreements like the North American Free Trade Agreement, the poll indicates a shifting landscape in public support for U.S. trade policy, including TPP. Of the surveyed Republican voters, 34 percent oppose TPP, compared to 24 percent who support it. Just under one-third of surveyed Democrats support the agreement, despite their party’s general skepticism of free trade policy. Independent voters more closely mirror Republicans voters, with 22 percent supporting and 30 percent opposing." (emphasis mine)

https://morningconsult.com/2016/04/21/trade-talk-may-play-trail-americans-dont-know-tpp/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

centristsin2010--Backs up those polls during the campaign that told us that trump' biggest supporters were poorly educated white men--(can't quite remember, but I think they were around 50 or so.  A few of the newspapers that carried the town hall I attended this weekend--(Still waiting for my check--REALLY HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO BELIEVE THT ONE??), reported that when they tried  to interview some of the Trump reporters, they refused to speak with them--I guess "drain the swamp," and "I'm the only one who can help you,"  weren't the correct answers to the questions they were being asked.  Always appreciate the attention to detail in your posts.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

nctarheel--It is actually a psychological fact that after hearing something long and often enough, it is often accepted as truth.  The repetition of catch phrases also keeps the person spewing the 'information" from having to go into detail. 

Here are a few we all grew up hearing--

Don't eat an hour before swimming or you'll get cramps---false

Don't drink milk when you have a cold because it increases the body's production of mucus--false

If people would wash their faces and not eat junk, they wouldn't get acne--false

Here are some we've heard recently--

1.) I will drain the swamp--false--looks and smells heck  of a lot dirtier since Little Donnie took over

2.) I AM THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN TRUST--idiot making some speech That is why the following, of course, was so believeable

'IF YOU LOOK WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT IN - SWEDEN-? Who would believe this--Sweden."  Trump trying to make a point about terrorism- Trump at his 2020 reelection rant this weekend.--false

The rise in crime was noted over a two year period, and was not because of terrorism, but electronic crimeTrump walked that back today

WHICH LEADS USE TO THOSE WHO SAY

FOX news tell the truth--OOPS-THAT WHERE LITTLE DONNIE GOT THE FALSE INFO.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

I GUESS IF YOU SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES

Message 5 of 8

"98.7% of those not knowing the difference voted for Donald Trump."

The numerous examples of ignorance on the part of Trump voters is very scary. How can they boo the TPP so vociferoulsy when they don't even know what it is?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Has anyone told them yet that the ACA and ObamaCare are one in the same?  They're probably thinking that's just FAKE news.....

"Poll: 'Obamacare' vs. 'Affordable Care Act' ... According to a new CNBC poll that surveyed two different groups, 46% of the group that was asked about "Obamacare" was opposed to the law, while 37% of the group asked about the "Affordable Care Act" was opposed to the law.Sep 27, 2013."

98.7% of those not knowing the difference voted for Donald Trump.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

The last post by NCtarheel was right on target. During the campaign, Trump would mention TPP and the crowd would boo. But there was a big problem with that because 99% of Trump's supporters don't even know what TPP stands for. They certainly don't understand what it does or doesn't do. It was actually a big plus for American companies who trade in Asia. 

Now China will take over the role we could have had.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

I GUESS IF YOU SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES

Message 8 of 8

Now I know why the Germans always repeatedly "Heiled Hitler". If you say something enough times or hear something enough times, you begin to believe it.

For example, Trump and his minions have repeatedly spewed their venom toward the NAFTA Agreement. They repeat time after time that NAFTA is a bad deal. They don't say why; but they do repeat it day in and day out.

The auto industry lost a FECAL MATTER LOAD of auto related jobs in Michigan. A study was done by Ball State University's Center for Business and Economic Research to see where and why these jobs no longer are in Michigan.

The results???? Of the jobs lost, 87% were lost due to automation and 13% due to work going elsewhere due to the NAFTA trade agreement; however, if you ask these guys where their jobs went, guess what they say?

They actually praise automation and blame NAFTA.

The alternative facts spewed by Trump ABOUT NAFTA have been digested and are now believed.

You know, HITLER blamed stuff on unfair trade too.

Then, he said that the press was the enemy of the people too.

Then he looked for scapegoats. (Remember how Trump treated the Orthodox Jew at the press conference, could that be the beginning?)

IMPEACH TRUMP..... HE IS DANGEROUS TO THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors