Honored Social Butterfly

I DON'T WANT TO DIE FROM THIS VIRUS.

This virus if it doesn't kill ya ...science is still investigating whether it will lie silently--quietly inside you   and one day start destroying your heart,  lungs and make you into chopped liver before you know what hit ya.   There is MUCH yet to be learned about it.     

I'm not sorry that  I'm not dead.       I walk every early morn & go out for food once a week wearing a scarf. as I don't own a mask yet.       I wash and wear the same things not wanting to contaminate my entire wardrobe.    I always take my shoes off in the house anyway but now I spray at least the bottoms.      Sometimes I shake my head in disbelief .when I'm washing my plastic grocery bags I store to  reuse them for garbage....or when I'm spraying my doorknobs.  uhhh........knowing this would label me as crazy a few months ago and be called a mental health issue.   Not everyone who died were negligent and unwilling  to listen to experts....but I'm going to pay attention to science......cause   I'm glad I'm not one of the 40,000 peope dead with numbers still growing and those who thanks BE have survived it will still be on watch in future days.    May God bless America....and get us through this.       

Honored Social Butterfly

I feel you.  I've never had anxiety before, but I get it every time I go to a grocery store.  I feel like I have difficulty breathing (and this was even before I started wearing a mask in there), and then I'm immediately fine as soon as I get out.  So I know it's all mental.  

I ran out of my last tub of disinfectant wipes.   I was using them to clean everything as I did my shopping, my car door handles, my steering wheel, my stick shift, my keys, my credit card.  Then I'd follow on the door knobs at home.  The fridge door handle.  Lightswitches.    I still have spray cleaners, but I'm running out of paper towels.   Next will be rags I guess.  I liked being able to throw away the paper towels...

I have no underlying conditions, but I still have a teenager at home who I need to raise.  My husband, however, does have several underlying conditions.  And I look at the stats in Maryland.  Almost 25% of confirmed cases end up in the hospital, and about 15% of those who end up in the hospital die.  That's way too many for my comfort.  Even though I know lots of people aren't getting tested, and lots of people test negative.  

Oh, and I'm having the craziest dreams that I remember, too.  I don't generally remember dreams....I figure that's anxiety too.  

Maryland's number of new cases daily is going down slightly.  I hope the trend continues.....

Honored Social Butterfly

Concern is different from worry. I risk my life every day with reasonable precautions and mitigation. When I drive my truck I wear a seat belt. When I go boating I have a radio, life vests, and an EPIRB. I wear ear protection when operating machinery, I have safety glasses when grinding, etc. I think you get my point, but I don't stop enjoying life.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Concern is different from worry. I risk my life every day with reasonable precautions and mitigation. When I drive my truck I wear a seat belt. When I go boating I have a radio, life vests, and an EPIRB. I wear ear protection when operating machinery, I have safety glasses when grinding, etc. I think you get my point, but I don't stop enjoying life.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I am so glad to see that you don't have the virus in your area. I guess that because you haven't told us that you take any protection against the virus we have to assume that there is not virus.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You keep being careful and safe. We can't depend on others keeping us safe, it's up to us.  I am disgusted at those protesting the lock-downs and I am mad at trump for promoting the protests. I am also mad at tRump and the Republican Party for not censoring him.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

You are so much better than me. although I don't walk anywhere, at all, so I don't wash my shoes. I do wash my hands,a lot and I have lots of bleaches and clorox and sanitizers inside the house. that I use. I don't wash the paper bags from the grocery store but let them air for many hours and days. I do have masks that I wear when I go, if I go to the store. and yes, I don't want to die either.  Have been inside my home since March12. and I don't think that I am ready to come out. 

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png