WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DO NEXT

Message 1 of 5

@gruffstuffwrote:

Oh, really? They write the law...or don't.

People can't buy a pistol until the age of 21, but can buy a AR-15 at 18 years old.

Lawmakers wrote the law that way.

May we ask why?

Or would that be blaming the lawmakers and unfair?

The 'lawmakers' wrote the law.  'They' get the credit and the blame for what is in it or not in it. Any inconsistencies, any consequences, intended or not, that result from what they did or didn't do.  Now.....that's a truth. 

We trusted 'them' to 'do the right thing',  'The right thing' would, of course, be determined by the overall welfare of the Nation as a whole taking into account every person in it.  THEY didn't do that. 

As far back as I can remember, legitimate reasons for a rational person having a gun existed.  That legitimacy has been abused unconscionably.  These are the consequence.  I, for one, cannot find any ethical reason to tolerate that.  What honest excuse could say otherwise?

Of course 'THEY' are to blame and it's fair to say so.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Students from the school are calling BS on the politicians. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/17/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html

BS indeed. Out of the mouths of babes.

Great speech by that young lady. More power to her.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Oh, really? They write the law...or don't.

People can't buy a pistol until the age of 21, but can buy a AR-15 at 18 years old.

Lawmakers wrote the law that way.

May we ask why?

Or would that be blaming the lawmakers and unfair?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@Loulitwrote:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/02/16/fred-jaime-guttenburg-florida-school-shooting-vigil-sot.wsv...

Jamie took a bullet and is dead. I don't know what I do next. My wife is home, we are broken.

-- Fred Guttenburg

Senator Rubio (R) appeared in one of the CNN panels on your link.  The CNN news release on the subject carries the caption Senator Rubio (R) says it is 'Not fair to blame lawmakers after attack'. 

Oh, really? They write the law...or don't.  They alone determine what that law says.  They pass the law[s] after that's done.....or don't.  They put their own interests above the People they took an oath to defend and protect.....or don't.  Not to blame?  Oh, really? 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DO NEXT

Message 5 of 5

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/02/16/fred-jaime-guttenburg-florida-school-shooting-vigil-sot.wsv...

Jamie took a bullet and is dead. I don't know what I do next. My wife is home, we are broken.

-- Fred Guttenburg

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Replies