Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
630
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

630 Views
Message 51 of 63

@Soosie wrote:
@Mick............In my opinion, you are trying to push what you believe on me. I am my own person and far be it for me to allow a male try to dominate my thinking.

As for our Government and Constitution, liberals have changed, bent and destroyed what it was supposed to stand for.

I support all life. Abortion is another right??? as you call it that seems to have been so slanted that it becomes murder. It is no longer for women who may be in danger of death. It is for lazy men and women who don't plan before they have sex. I always told my son that sex was his decision, but he should think about the consquences of taking it lightly. I explained to him that it has a different meaning for a girl. It is not so casual for her.

I'm having a little trouble understanding why a group of men past their 50's are making this a personal issue. Maybe you can explain.

Yes, I am a capable senior. I have worked hard and overcome odds that would have flattened some others I have a good job and even at my age (probably older than most of you) still get job offers.

I trust me much more than the Government.

Soosie

Sorry - Sossie - your arguments are at best confusing and at worst illogical

 

I'm not trying to push anything on you - I'm simply asking you to defend your own comments and to defend the people you vote for and the policies they support

 

You say you support - All Life

 

Do you support Capital Punishment?

 

Do you support US Wars

 

Do you support Police Killings

 

 

If you are against taking a living organism like a fetus from a Womans Body are you also against removing Cancerous Tumors

 

A Human Fetus cannot survive on it's own outside a human body so it's no different then any other living organsim like Cancer that is found inside humans and human people make a conscious personal decision without Government Interference everyday and routinely have other living organisms removed and either purposely killed or simply allowed to die - if once removed from the body - we were to nurture Cancers and all these other living organsims that are removed from people and provided the needed environment similarly to what we have to do support a fetus - they could live and grow and reproduce as well - why remove and kill them - they are alive - they are a miracle of nature - why don;t we just let nature take it course with regard to cancer

 

In addition to all the Cancers - Here is a partial list of other living organisms we routinely remove form human bodies and dispose of

 

1. Pinworms 

 

2. Hookworms

 

3. Roundworms

 

4. Tapeworm

 

5. Liver Flukes 

 

6. Giardia

 

7. Entamoeba

 

8. Cryptosporidium

 

9. Toxoplasmosis

 

As far as your claim about Men over 50 making decisons for you - Roe v Wade prohibits anyone from making that decision for anyone else

 

There are numerous other similar law passed by Liberals and Supported by a Majority of Americans that prevent Government from taking away your freedoms - you should do some research if you really are as you claim - capable

 

 

 

 

 

 

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
630
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
645
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

645 Views
Message 52 of 63

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I have tried to put my reason for not agreeing with this mostly liberal group.  I want it to be a simple one sentence reason.  Here it is:

 

I am too capable as my own person to give up my freedom.

 

 

Soosie


I think all of you've managed to accomplish - is give everyone another good illustration of the only thing most Republicans & Conservatives can reach a consensus on 

 

1. You can't come up with even one good reason to support Republicans or Conservatives except that they aren't Liberals

 

2. It wouldn't be fair for me to question your capability because I don;t know you - but it's not always all about you - if it was - our founders wouldn;t have determined we needed a Government or a Constitution in the First Place - they just would have said - everyone can have their own Gun and the Strongest and Most Cunning will surive and rise to the top .

 

As far as your proclamation about giving up Giving up Freedom

 

Voting & Supporting Republicans and Conservatives Requires Giving up Almost all your Freedoms - here is just one extremely important example

 

1. Your Logo picture appears to be that of a Woman and one of the first things Donald Trump as President along with the current Republican Majority in Congress has promised to do - is appoint Supreme Court Justices that will over turn Roe V Wade

 

If you really beleive you are too capable as your own person and as a female person to give up any freedoms - why would you want to give up the right that is the essence of your freedom as a capable person - the freedom to choose what you decide to do with your own body?

 

Please research Roe v Wade before you respond - in it you won't find one requirement forcing any woman to do anything - especially get a Abortion - on the contrary it forces the Government to respect exactly the same claim you have made above

 

 

mick - how is all that connected to, "I am too capable as my own person to give up my freedom"?

 

Are you seeing that as a positive statement or a negative one??

 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
645
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
682
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

682 Views
Message 53 of 63

@MIseker wrote:
what freedom is the Left taking? Facts please.

Yes - indeed - where are the facts - verified by independent impartial third party research and studies?

 

Thanks to that odious left wing religious impartiality of the Constitution, my niece was allowed to marry her same sex spouse, and has not only retained her civilian job at the nearby Army base, but has been promoted, and the fact that her partner is an independently wealthy lesbian who is an activist lawyer for gay/lesbian rights has absolutely no bearing upon my niece's employment status as a civilian employee at the Army base.

Looks to me like she has gained additional freedoms.

 

As to the entirely bogus unconstitutional objection to same sex marriage - since government is Constitutionally mandated to remain separated from religion - what I see posted appears to be exactly like the outrage of someone on a diet objecting to seeing another eating a donut - and enjoying it...

 

I'd like to know specifically what the freedoms are that I've given up - so I have the opportunity to smoke some dope and do a left wing jig of despair - Oh yeah - I haven't done alcohol or drugs since '82 - guess It's just the left wing jig of despair at the alleged - but unproved - loss of freedoms...

 

 Well Soosie, and others on the political right - I have never heard the beat of your drummer, and most likely never will.

 

Aren't our constitutionally defined freedoms to think, speak and lawfully act as we each feel correct a wonderful thing?

Gottfried von Berlichingen said it 500 years ago - now it is entirely appropriate and deserved for trump...
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
682
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
666
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

666 Views
Message 54 of 63

@kd.......Apparently one of them is right here. Seems you only want me to post what YOU think, instead of what I BELIEVE and think. Now, I will say, "Don't be pushy." Remember women's rights???????  @kd.......Apparently one of them is right here. Seems you only want me to post what YOU think, instead of what I BELIEVE and think. Now, I will say, "Don't be pushy." Remember women's rights???????  

Soosie

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
666
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
664
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

664 Views
Message 55 of 63
what freedom is the Left taking? Facts please.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
664
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
4
Kudos
701
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

701 Views
Message 56 of 63

When I was young I was a liberal as I grew older I understood life and matured became conservative, I find it sad so many seniors are ready to give up freedom and believe the left, if your over 50 and still believe government will take care of you argument is lost because you will never understand.

 

Voting for Hillary is a vote against America.

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
701
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
701
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

701 Views
Message 57 of 63
@Mick............In my opinion, you are trying to push what you believe on me. I am my own person and far be it for me to allow a male try to dominate my thinking.

As for our Government and Constitution, liberals have changed, bent and destroyed what it was supposed to stand for.

I support all life. Abortion is another right??? as you call it that seems to have been so slanted that it becomes murder. It is no longer for women who may be in danger of death. It is for lazy men and women who don't plan before they have sex. I always told my son that sex was his decision, but he should think about the consquences of taking it lightly. I explained to him that it has a different meaning for a girl. It is not so casual for her.

I'm having a little trouble understanding why a group of men past their 50's are making this a personal issue. Maybe you can explain.

Yes, I am a capable senior. I have worked hard and overcome odds that would have flattened some others I have a good job and even at my age (probably older than most of you) still get job offers.

I trust me much more than the Government.

Soosie
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
701
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
703
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

703 Views
Message 58 of 63

Soosie wrote:

"....I have tried to put my reason for not agreeing with this mostly liberal group.....".

 

I've stopped posting on this thread (other than non-political). It's not an issue in itself whether someone is conservative or liberal. It's that opposing ideas get you an insulting reponse. Why bother?

   It's quite simple. It's not possible to have a true discussion with anyone who makes sweeping generalizations that 'all repubs are x' or 'all dems are y', etc. Someone who states 'truths' as all black and white is incapable of critical thinking, and thus, incapable of rational discourse. 

   I've given up. You guys can carry on the fight..............


"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
703
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
6
Kudos
706
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

706 Views
Message 59 of 63

@Soosie wrote:

I have tried to put my reason for not agreeing with this mostly liberal group.  I want it to be a simple one sentence reason.  Here it is:

 

I am too capable as my own person to give up my freedom.

 

 

Soosie


I think all of you've managed to accomplish - is give everyone another good illustration of the only thing most Republicans & Conservatives can reach a consensus on 

 

1. You can't come up with even one good reason to support Republicans or Conservatives except that they aren't Liberals

 

2. It wouldn't be fair for me to question your capability because I don;t know you - but it's not always all about you - if it was - our founders wouldn;t have determined we needed a Government or a Constitution in the First Place - they just would have said - everyone can have their own Gun and the Strongest and Most Cunning will surive and rise to the top .

 

As far as your proclamation about giving up Giving up Freedom

 

Voting & Supporting Republicans and Conservatives Requires Giving up Almost all your Freedoms - here is just one extremely important example

 

1. Your Logo picture appears to be that of a Woman and one of the first things Donald Trump as President along with the current Republican Majority in Congress has promised to do - is appoint Supreme Court Justices that will over turn Roe V Wade

 

If you really beleive you are too capable as your own person and as a female person to give up any freedoms - why would you want to give up the right that is the essence of your freedom as a capable person - the freedom to choose what you decide to do with your own body?

 

Please research Roe v Wade before you respond - in it you won't find one requirement forcing any woman to do anything - especially get a Abortion - on the contrary it forces the Government to respect exactly the same claim you have made above

 

I am too capable as my own person to give up my freedom.

 

 

 

 

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
706
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
713
Views

Re: I Came Up With a Simple Answer

713 Views
Message 60 of 63

@Soosie wrote:

I have tried to put my reason for not agreeing with this mostly liberal group.  I want it to be a simple one sentence reason.  Here it is:

 

I am too capable as my own person to give up my freedom.

 

Very well put. That is also the dividing line between the individualist and the collectivist. 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
713
Views