Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

Talk about someone who should recuse themselves- IF that was at all possible. Moscow Mitch would far prefer to protect trump than our Constitution and our Country.  

"Time spent with cats is never wasted"- Sigmund Freud
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Moscow Mitch is a soggy bag of fascist self-interest. The ONLY legislation he's sponsored during his entire time in office has been laws to eliminate limits on political contributions. As WC Fields observed -" I could carve a better man out of a banana" nicely sums up Yertle McConnell. He has publicly affirmed his total contempt for the Constitution and rejection of the OATH he will swear to before the trial begins:

According to rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials, all senators must make the following oath: "I solemnly swear [or affirm, as the case may be] that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of [the person being impeached], now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God."

Moscow Mitch is the poster child for why no Republican should be left in elected office - their leadership is totally corrupt as are their followers.

You're right Scout. If the tables were turned and a Democrat did what McConnell is doing they would move to have him or her removed. The board here would be full of Right Wingerts whining and howling at the moon.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

Moscow Mitch is a soggy bag of fascist self-interest. The ONLY legislation he's sponsored during his entire time in office has been laws to eliminate limits on political contributions. As WC Fields observed -" I could carve a better man out of a banana" nicely sums up Yertle McConnell. He has publically affirmed his total contempt for the Constition and rejection of the OATH he will swear to before the trial begins:

According to rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials, all senators must make the following oath: "I solemnly swear [or affirm, as the case may be] that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of [the person being impeached], now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God."

Moscow Mitch is the poster child for why no Republican should be left in elected office - their leadership is totally corrupt as are their followers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

I wouldn't be either...  

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.

Oh?  But I thought that tRump supporters and conservatives want the Constitution followed.  The Constitution charges the Senate to be impartial jurors in a Senate impeachment trial.

"Due process" is relevant in Judicial Court proceedings.  But ........... if you and the Republicans want "due process" in the impeachment trial, they should call all witnesses, including tRump and his top aides, and both Parties can question them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

I wouldn't be either...  shocking, huh?

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights Wrong....by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.  Again, you confuse criminal due process with the impeaching the President.  Not the same thing. 

Sadly, Fox seems to prefer to dumb down their audience to support trump and other Conservatives.  Fortunately there is the Lincoln Project for Conservatives who think.  Let's see how much of a voice Fox gives this Conservative group.  So far, not much at all.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

I wouldn't be either...  

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

That's the point Chaz....not "free speech" as some falsely claim.

McConnell has rarely supported the Constitution as reflected in his not allowing Obama to nominate Judge Garland and clearly not being an unbiased jurer.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

I Am Not An Impartial Juror Says Mitch McConnell

Message 29 of 29

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors