Honored Social Butterfly

I Am Not An Impartial Juror Says Mitch McConnell

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

This thread is a perfect illustration of how low the Republican Party has sunk under Trump. Moscow Mitch and Crazy Lindsey Graham, both proudly proclaimed before the trial they would NOT be impartial jurors. We've never seen anything like that in American politics in our lifetime. 

What Trump has done to the Republican Party and our Democracy should terrify everyone.

Trusted Contributor

CriticalThinking,

So true. The worst thing about it was that the divisive condition of the United States at that time allowed this to happen in the first place. It was ripe for electing a  psychopathic"wannabe" autocrat who was getting ready to "rule" the USA.  45 was chosen to be the  "Pied Piper" savior who would lead us out of a lawful democracy, into a loyalist society. The voters who truly love our democracy are the only ones that can take the action to can fix this IF we want to take our Country back badly enough. We must be the warriors- causing a blue tsunami to start repairing the damage done by Moscow Mitch and Dangerous Donnie.- et al.

"Time spent with cats is never wasted"- Sigmund Freud
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This thread is a perfect illustration of how low the Republican Party has sunk under Trump. Moscow Mitch and Crazy Lindsey Graham, both proudly proclaimed before the trial they would NOT be impartial jurors. We've never seen anything like that in American politics in our lifetime. 

What Trump has done to the Republican Party and our Democracy should terrify everyone.

Actually, it does terrify most who aren't a cult member.

Honored Social Butterfly

And then Mitch takes an oath to be an impartial juror ..... thus violating his oath as he takes it.

Mitch McConnell should be charged with perjury!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

And then Mitch takes an oath to be an impartial juror ..... thus violating his oath as he takes it.

Mitch McConnell should be charged with perjury!

Indeed!  AND corruption!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Trusted Contributor

There's a new, elite political social club in Washington. Membership is only open to Rebpugnants in either the Senate and the House of Representatives. Its name was just leaked by a Whistleblower   It's ... L. I .A, R.S. = Liars in the Autocratic Shoo-in.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

He also said:

"During a speech on the Senate floor on Tuesday, McConnell said that Democrats’ impeachment efforts were “the most rushed, least thorough, and most unfair impeachment inquiry in modern history.”

“I’ll have much more to say to our colleagues and to the American people if and when the House does move ahead,” McConnell continued. “But as we speak today, House Democrats still have the opportunity to do the right thing for the country and avoid setting this toxic new precedent.”

“Chairman Adam Schiff and House Democrats actively decided not to go to court and pursue potentially useful witnesses because they didn’t want to wait for due process. Indeed, they threatened to impeach the President if they had to go to court at all,” McConnell noted. “That intentional, political decision is the reason why the House is poised to send the Senate the thinnest, least thorough presidential impeachment in our nation’s history.”

“The Senate is meant to act as judge and jury. To hear a trial. Not to re-run the entire fact-finding investigation because angry partisans rushed sloppily through it,” McConnell added. “The trajectory that the Democratic Leader apparently wants to take us down — before he’s even heard opening arguments — could set a nightmarish precedent for our institution.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/mcconnell-to-send-democrats-painful-reminder-on-wednesday-as-they-imp...
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jfpinlvn wrote:
He also said:

"During a speech on the Senate floor on Tuesday, McConnell said that Democrats’ impeachment efforts were “the most rushed, least thorough, and most unfair impeachment inquiry in modern history.”

So instead of bringing in tRump's senior staff to testify on his behalf and provide a deliberate and through investigation of tRump's actions, McConnell will do as GOPers do - ignore the Truth and sacrifice Justice on the altar of Political Expediency.

Everyone did notice that not ONE of the Repubublicans speaking during the House Impeachment procedings could offer a DEFENSE for what tRump had done - only complain at how unfair it was that Democrats were exposing all the crimes and misdeeds of their Dear Leader.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:
He also said:

So instead of bringing in tRump's senior staff to testify on his behalf and provide a deliberate and through investigation of tRump's actions, McConnell will do as GOPers do - ignore the Truth and sacrifice Justice on the altar of Political Expediency.

Everyone did notice that not ONE of the Repubublicans speaking during the House Impeachment procedings could offer a DEFENSE for what tRump had done - only complain at how unfair it was that Democrats were exposing all the crimes and misdeeds of their Dear Leader.

Pelosi can hold the Articles of Impeachment until McConnell agrees to call the witnesses that they requiested. She should not be afraid to do just that.

Trusted Contributor

Nancy Pelosi is one smart and courageous lady. I would tend to bet that she might even intimidate McConnell. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@troublesniffer8 wrote:

Nancy Pelosi is one smart and courageous lady. I would tend to bet that she might even intimidate McConnell. 

I'll settle for her just outsmarting Moscow Mitch.

Problem is the Fox-effect which will be claiming Dems are obstructing Justice by demanding a fair trial, and the Speaker's success will depend on how well the Democratic Party can counter the lies and slanders of the GOPerLords Ministry of Propaganda.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@troublesniffer8 wrote:

I'll settle for her just outsmarting Moscow Mitch.

Problem is the Fox-effect which will be claiming Dems are obstructing Justice by demanding a fair trial, and the Speaker's success will depend on how well the Democratic Party can counter the lies and slanders of the GOPerLords Ministry of Propaganda.

MConnell has already went against the Constitution, Pelosi should keep insisting that McConnell call the witnesses they requested and have an actual trial, regardless of what Fox says.

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow Mitch is a soggy bag of fascist self-interest. The ONLY legislation he's sponsored during his entire time in office has been laws to eliminate limits on political contributions. As WC Fields observed -" I could carve a better man out of a banana" nicely sums up Yertle McConnell. He has publically affirmed his total contempt for the Constition and rejection of the OATH he will swear to before the trial begins:

According to rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials, all senators must make the following oath: "I solemnly swear [or affirm, as the case may be] that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of [the person being impeached], now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God."

Moscow Mitch is the poster child for why no Republican should be left in elected office - their leadership is totally corrupt as are their followers.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

According to rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials, all senators must make the following oath: "I solemnly swear [or affirm, as the case may be] that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of [the person being impeached], now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God."

Moscow Mitch is the poster child for why no Republican should be left in elected office - their leadership is totally corrupt as are their followers.

NEXT TIME YOU HAVE JURY DUTY...

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THE COURT AWARE THAT, NOT ONLY

DO YOU KNOW THE DEFENDANT, BUT YOU

PLAN ON STAYING IN DIRECT COMMUNICATION

WITH HIM, DURING THE ENTIRE TRIAL.

TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR

ACQUITTAL, NO MATTER WHAT THE EVIDENCE SAYS.

REMIND THEM THAT YOU ARE WORKING

HAND-IN-HAND WITH THE DEFENDANT'S LEGAL TEAM.

MENTION THAT THE ACCUSED HAS

OFFERED YOU MONEY FOR YOUR VOTE...

AND, THAT YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE IT.

INFORM THE JUDGE THAT THE OATH YOU TOOK,

AS A JUROR, IS MEANINGLESS... YOU'VE

ALREADY MADE UP YOUR MIND.

SEE HOW THAT GOES... OK?

DNCOMMUNITY FB POST

Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 
A very pointed, and to the point post!

From the trump gang it's just another false accusation: left is right, up is down, black is white, and lies are truth!

Trusted Contributor

Talk about someone who should recuse themselves- IF that was at all possible. Moscow Mitch would far prefer to protect trump than our Constitution and our Country.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Moscow Mitch is a soggy bag of fascist self-interest. The ONLY legislation he's sponsored during his entire time in office has been laws to eliminate limits on political contributions. As WC Fields observed -" I could carve a better man out of a banana" nicely sums up Yertle McConnell. He has publicly affirmed his total contempt for the Constitution and rejection of the OATH he will swear to before the trial begins:

You're right Scout. If the tables were turned and a Democrat did what McConnell is doing they would move to have him or her removed. The board here would be full of Right Wingerts whining and howling at the moon.

Unfortunately, the rule of law no longer seems to be of any concern to ANY of our current lawmakers in Washington. We really need term limits.

Honored Social Butterfly

@lovingbend wrote:

Unfortunately, the rule of law no longer seems to be of any concern to ANY of our current lawmakers in Washington. We really need term limits.

Or at least, ANY of our GOP lawmakers......except Mitt Romney.  It appears McConnell sold his soul to the Devil....

Trusted Contributor

Is it possible, Centristsin2010 that ...ahem... McConnell sold his soul to tRUMPf, who may even be- "the Devil" incarnate. President Obama was accused of being the "Antichrist".. well, I gotta say that tRUMPf fits that bill very nicely, IMHO. Remember, he announced his candidacy for President in 2015 while descending the trump tower escalator. That appeared to be a very "dramatic" entrance- Mephistopheles might have undertaken.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@lovingbend wrote:

Or at least, ANY of our GOP lawmakers......except Mitt Romney.  It appears McConnell sold his soul to the Devil....

He sold his soul to tRump and Putin. Russia started to build an aluminum production facility in Kentucky. For now, it fell through, they must want more from him. I'm sure he'll try his best to deliver, he got tRump off, didn't he?

Honored Social Butterfly

That's the point Chaz....not "free speech" as some falsely claim.

McConnell has rarely supported the Constitution as reflected in his not allowing Obama to nominate Judge Garland and clearly not being an unbiased jurer.

Trusted Contributor

Well put Centristsin2010
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

I wouldn't be either...  

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

JIMC91 -- After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

\^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

T RUMP ignored his constitutional rights by  refusing  to testify in his own behalf  and this   White House has told numerous officials to defy a subpoena subject to  =   43 U.S. Code § 104 - Disobedience to subpoena,   

Now MOSCOW MITCH had decided even  before the hearings that he's going to follow the INSTRUCTIONS of  CZAR T RUMP and   appears to break with the Constitution on Trump impeachment: "I'm ...not an impartial juror".   

TWO YEARS is long enough......there were enough credible people speaking at the hearing.    T RUMP IS GOING TO BE IMPEACHED and THANKS BE to the democrats who will SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY from that monster.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

I wouldn't be either...  

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.

Oh?  But I thought that tRump supporters and conservatives want the Constitution followed.  The Constitution charges the Senate to be impartial jurors in a Senate impeachment trial.

"Due process" is relevant in Judicial Court proceedings.  But ........... if you and the Republicans want "due process" in the impeachment trial, they should call all witnesses, including tRump and his top aides, and both Parties can question them.

Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

I wouldn't be either...  shocking, huh?

After watching the dimms (only) in the House trample the Presidents' Constitutional rights Wrong....by applying NO DUE PROCESS, it's blatantly crazy to pursue this remedy.  Again, you confuse criminal due process with the impeaching the President.  Not the same thing. 

Sadly, Fox seems to prefer to dumb down their audience to support trump and other Conservatives.  Fortunately there is the Lincoln Project for Conservatives who think.  Let's see how much of a voice Fox gives this Conservative group.  So far, not much at all.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png