It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Message 51 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

William, your last post was outstanding. They have no shame, no character, and they no longer put America first. They are addicted to the Trump Cult, just as Germans were to Hitler in the 1930s. How did that work out for Germany?

And so where the Cubans with Fidel Castro for quite a few years. until, there was no food at the stores, there was no jobs as the ones they used to have, no stores to buy clothes, and they did have Fidel followers that would  work in their neighborhoods and saw that no one spoke or rebel about the Fidel Castro policies, and if you did, you were called a counter revolutionary and put in jail.
Sorry guys, been there and done that.  and saw how many of those who adored Fidel Castro are today in Miami.  

It is just a matter of time. But of course those things don't happen in the USA or so many think. 

Wait and see when the people start suffering. when they start by not being able to meet their needs. then and only then you will see them wake up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Message 52 of 61

The Stock Market's been in a free fall since Trump made it clear he wants a Trade War with China. Today it dropped almost another 500 points!

As for inflation, that's what happens when the GOP tax bill adds $2 Trillion to the deficit and their 2018 budget was probably the biggest spending federal budget ever.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 61
rker321 posted..

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MONEY. REMEMBER, MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

IT WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS, IT MOVES GOVERNMENTS, IT WILL MOVE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE LACK OF IT.

===========================================================

Talking about the power of money...look at the FED. They lowered rates in 2008 to get our economy going and it worked. This year because the economy is growing faster than they like they have been raising rates...they control inflation...that is a good thing. Stocks ... what they will do is another thing.

Higher rates will hurt many things like the price of homes. Higher rates already are giving buyers of CD's a better rate.

Fed Cuts Key Rate to a Record Low
By EDMUND L. ANDREWS and JACKIE CALMESDEC. 16, 2008

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/17/business/economy/17fed.html

Part of the link...

WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve entered a new era on Tuesday, lowering its benchmark interest rate virtually to zero and declaring that it would now fight the recession by pumping out vast amounts of money to businesses and consumers through an expanding array of new lending programs.

Going further than expected, the central bank cut its target for the overnight federal funds rate to a range of zero to 0.25 percent and brought the United States to the zero-rate policies that Japan used for years in its own fight against deflation.

Though important as a historic milestone, the move to an interest rate of zero from 1 percent is largely symbolic. The funds rate, which affects what banks charge for lending their reserves to each other, had already fallen to nearly zero in recent days because banks have been so reluctant to do business.

Of much greater practical importance, the Fed bluntly announced that it would print as much money as necessary to revive the frozen credit markets and fight what is shaping up as the nation’s worst economic downturn since World War II.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Message 54 of 61

William, your last post was outstanding. They have no shame, no character, and they no longer put America first. They are addicted to the Trump Cult, just as Germans were to Hitler in the 1930s. How did that work out for Germany?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

NEVER  EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MONEY.  REMEMBER,  MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

IT WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS, IT MOVES GOVERNMENTS, IT WILL MOVE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE LACK OF IT.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 61

CT, I try to hold out a little hope, but basically have to agree with you and H2. 

They may be too far gone. And it’s tough to discount what we see going on right in front of us, and I do not try to ignore what is going on. What I see is a total disregard for everything good about our country. trump and supporters should be ashamed of themselves...but they are not. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Message 57 of 61

William said, "we will see if the base’s support will start to crumble if trump’s policies start to really affect their lives and pocketbooks?."

No way William, it will never happen. Cult members do not live in the real world. As H2OH said earlier in this thread, they will never hold Trump accountable or responsible for anything negative. 

The man surrounds himself with convicted, or soon to be convicted felons, and they see nothing wrong with that. If only one member of the Obama Administration would have become a convicted felon, they would have demanded that Obama be lynched in DC. 

In addition to being a pathological liar, Trump is running a criminal enterprise, yet 1/3 of America thinks our problem is the FBI and Justice Department. Unbelievable!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

Stay tuned...

So far today trump has turned our Syria policy upside down, and seems to be poised to turning our back on another ally. The head of DHS blatantly lies at the House Judiciary hearing, probably for the audience of one. And trump acts like a spoiled, deranged little kid over his wall. 

But, the bigger picture says the freedom caucus and right wing media are setting policy for our country, poking the base...

not good! 

Rker, we will see if the base’s support will start to crumble if trump’s policies start to really affect their lives and pocketbooks?...Or has there just been too much koolaid consumed?

Or are trump’s posturing moves, more shiny objects to follow and ignore something else?...trump is a mess!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61

So much winning!!!!

I see your point. The only problem is that no matter how hard they're hit, the Trump Cult will simply blame Obama, Hillary and "natural course corrections" for this economic freefall. Meanwhile, those of us who weren't stupid enough to vote for the Marmalade Monster will also suffer in stock losses.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61

Wow, I just saw the Stock Market is down over 600 points. It's now down 4,000 since October.

I think is was yesterday FedEx lowered their expectations for next year. So did the Transports like railways. They said that's a big indicator of a slowing economy.

dow 401k 1.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs