Huh? Jill Stein at Dinner W/Putin & Flynn - WOT?

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Huh? Jill Stein at Dinner W/Putin & Flynn - WOT?

Message 1 of 9

@gordyfl wrote:

It should be kept in mind however that Stein has never attempted to conceal the fact that she attended this “controversial” dinner, which was marking the RT network’s 10-year anniversary, nor that she sat at a table with the Russian president.

In fact, following the dinner, her presidential campaign issued a press release which stated matter-of-factly, “Stein attended a dinner Thursday night, sitting at the table with Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

So What - Neither has Flynn - in fact didn't he admit - he was just there to pick up his Check?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Russian backed Facebooks ads backed Saunders, Stein, and Trump. Clearly the strategy on the part of the Russians was to divide the left in the election allowing Trump a victory. I don't know if it goes any farther then that with Stein, but in retrospect I think a lot of people on the left were exploited as useful idiots.

Politico said "Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein was the beneficiary of at least one of the Russian-bought political ads on Facebook that federal government officials suspect were intended to influence the 2016 election."

One. That's all they had?

Here's the ad, according to Politico:

Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein,” the ad reads. Trust me. It’s not a wasted vote. … The only way to take our country back is to stop voting for the corporations and banks that own us". #GrowaSpineVoteJillStein.”

wow....that sounds like a real election game-changer. It was no secret. Jill Stein ran on that issue.

war or peace.jpg

The fact is, many of these voters were turned off by Clinton’s hawkishness, perceived ethical lapses and close Wall Street ties, and would have never voted for her regardless of whether there was a third party alternative or not. Some would have stayed home, and others might have actually voted for Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Democracy Now

AMY GOODMAN: I wanted to ask you about that famous photo that is the bane of Trump’s existence, of former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, together in 2015 at a dinner in Moscow. You also, Jill, were at that dinner, and you are actually in that photograph at that head table. So, to say the least, you had a bird’s-eye view. What were you doing there?

DR. JILL STEIN: So, I was there, actually, to deliver the—one of the main messages of my campaign, which is that war has failed in the Middle East and that we need a peace offensive consisting of a weapons embargo and a freeze on the funding, the bank accounts of those countries that are sponsoring terrorism. At the time, Russia had just begun to bomb Syria. And my message was that Russia was following in the disastrous footsteps of U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.

AMY GOODMAN: But how did you end up at that table?

DR. JILL STEIN: So—

AMY GOODMAN: This is the head table?

DR. JILL STEIN: That’s right. I knew I was going to be at the head table. All of the foreign diplomats were seated at the head table. Unfortunately, there was no interpreter at the head table, and there were no introductions made. Vladimir Putin came in—

AMY GOODMAN: And this was a celebration of 10 years of Russia Today, the—

DR. JILL STEIN: Well, it was a celebration, but it was also a conference. And there was media there, actually, from all over the world, including U.S. media and Canadian, you know, Chinese, etc. It was a real chance to lift up a different point of view about U.S. foreign policy, as well as Russian foreign policy, to a broader audience. On that same trip—

JUAN GONZÁLEZ: So, you didn’t get a chance to talk with Putin then.

DR. JILL STEIN: Not a word. I was hoping to deliver my message to Putin, but there was no interpreter. He walked in with a group of people that I thought were his bodyguards. It turns out they actually were his head of communications, his chief of staff, etc. But you wouldn’t have known it. I spent the evening—well, I spent the dinner talking to the German diplomat to my right. He was the only person who spoke English that was in earshot of me. And, you know, my under—

AMY GOODMAN: And your assessment of what has been made of that? And, of course, ultimately, Mike Flynn was forced out as national security adviser.

DR. JILL STEIN: Yes. Well, you know, bear in mind that Mike Flynn has many contacts to Russia and, in fact, was paid $40,000, which he accepted from the Russian government. I wasn’t paid a penny, and I declined sponsorship for my transportation, my room and my board. So, you know, I went there absolutely without any conflicts of interest or encumbrances, you know. But it’s like nothing happened at that dinner.

AMY GOODMAN: We have 30 seconds.

DR. JILL STEIN: Nothing happened at that dinner. Michael Flynn has his own issues going on with Russia. You know, I can say that, for my own part, that picture circulates without a single fact. I was there with a number of peace advocates, who, you know, unfortunately, we have to turn to Russian TV and to Democracy Now!, but there are very few TV stations that cover peace candidates. I was there with Rocky Anderson and Ray McGovern.

AMY GOODMAN: The former mayor of Salt Lake City.

DR. JILL STEIN: Yes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

It should be kept in mind however that Stein has never attempted to conceal the fact that she attended this “controversial” dinner, which was marking the RT network’s 10-year anniversary, nor that she sat at a table with the Russian president.

In fact, following the dinner, her presidential campaign issued a press release which stated matter-of-factly, “Stein attended a dinner Thursday night, sitting at the table with Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Ralph Nader - The Man Democrats Love to Hate

Jill Stein - The Woman Democrats Love to Hate

nader stein.png

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Interestingly, maybe some here are finally starting to see the bigger picture about the Russian plan to disrupt the election in the US....and perhaps other countries in Europe.    Reports also say that they targetted people in Baltimore and Ferguson.

What is surprising is that some here missed her presence in that picture from when it was all about Flynn.    

I won't share my views about Stein but do wonder why staunch supporters of her didn't question this picture before.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Russian backed Facebooks ads backed Saunders, Stein, and Trump. Clearly the strategy on the part of the Russians was to divide the left in the election allowing Trump a victory. I don't know if it goes any farther then that with Stein, but in retrospect I think a lot of people on the left were exploited as useful idiots.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Not a big surprise.

Merely confirms suspicions...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 9 of 9

Jill Stein.png

One of the more intriguing images related to the Trump-Russia scandal is a photograph from December 2015 of future (now former) National Security Advisor Michael Flynn sitting with Russian President Vladimir Putin at a Moscow gala for the Kremlim-backed news outlet RT. On the other side of the table that night was Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein.

Until now, Stein hasn’t offered many details about how she came to be there or what happened beyond saying it was “a great opportunity to lay out some of my foreign policy proposals and get Russian reactions to them.”

According to Politico - The Russians Purchsed Facebook Ads For Jill Stein - Steins Vote Totals in Major Swing States Were Meaningful

1. In Michigan, Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton by 10,704 votes, while Stein got 51,463 votes, according to current totals on the state’s official website.

2. And in Wisconsin, Trump’s margin over Clinton was 22,177, while Stein garnered 31,006 votes.

3. In Pennsylvania, meanwhile, Stein’s total of 49,485 votes was just slightly smaller than Trump’s victory margin of 67,416 votes, according to the state’s latest numbers.

Sources

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/06/jill-stein-says-nothing-happened-at-her-dinner-with-puti...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/26/facebook-russia-trump-sanders-stein-243172

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/308353-trump-won-by-smaller-margin-than-stein-votes...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors