Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hudson Institute scholar on WH regime

Message 1 of 4

I'm tribal enough to not want to think my fellow citizens are capable of corruption to the degree Schonfeld describes.  I suppose I'm also tribal enough to not want to think my fellow citizens are capable of intellectual dishonesty [lying to oneself] to such a degree they do either.   

".......What a piece of work is man!  how Noble in Reason?  how infinite in faculty!  in form and moving how express and admirable!  in Action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a God?  The paragon of animals!  And yet to me, what is this quitessence of dust?  Man delights not me; nor Woman neither; though by your smiling you seem to say so."  

Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2  Wm. Shakespeare. '...... expressing his melancholy to his old friends over the difference between the best that men aspire to be, and how they actually behave;  the great divide that depresses him.'

Me too.  It doesn't have to be this way.  Those who make it so deserve the last full measure of just retribution for their perfidy.  I'm willing.......just not so able anymore.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Donald sucker supporters don't care about anything anymore - they post RW information that has no basis in fact.    Fortunately, the real world may be closing in on them.   

1.    Donald can't be bothered to read the Daily Briefing info - it has to be read to him like a child.

2.    His drain the swamp has lost all of it's original meaning as so many of his fellow travelers have lett the WH and no replacements have been named (perhaps delayed by FBI investigations)

3.    His chief of staff has proved to be just another hack.

4.    Donald can sell tickets to his events, but watch as the numbers deteriorate....he will go into hiding, as has been his recent wont.   

YEP - don't Vote for any Repub...and that isn't just Dems who are makng that call, it is also Republicans.  https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/boycott-the-gop/550907/ 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

The authors of the book "Why Democracies Fall" was on TV tonight talking about Trump. They have written about countries who went through what we are going through now. The path took the countries to dictatorship. They went over the first year of that path and what happens during it. Well Guess what Trump so far has done everything that happened in those countries. They said our institutions are strong and can resist attacks at the start, but over time if the current events continue they will not be able to hold up, and we will have our first Dictator. There are a lot of people starting to see what is happening with our wanna be Dictator. Go watch the TV interview.

Here is what we can do. In Nov. do not vote for anyone with an R behind their name so we stop the path to dictatorship. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hudson Institute scholar on WH regime

Message 4 of 4

First, the author of the piece is Gabriel Schoenfeld.    His CV includes being a Senior Advisor to the Romney Campaign and a Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute.

The Hudson Institute is a "politically conservative think tank" - so the ignoblers should be familar with them. 

Shoenfeld article in the NY Daily News from Tuesday is a must read.  He unceremonouslyT throws Sister Sarah under the bus for lying about the FBI and downgrades / destroys Donald as well for his confession re:  firing Comey.

"The Trump administration spews falsehoods like a volcano spews ash is not exactly a revelation. In his first year in office, our pathological liar of a President has given vent to thousands in a kind of pyroclastic flow. But the particularly wicked type of fabrication that came from the lips of Sanders deserves special recognition.

The men and women at the FBI who are devoting their lives to upholding the rule of law tend to be tough-minded people, but they are nonetheless victims in this matter. Words have been stuffed into their mouth by the officer of the U.S. government most responsible for speaking the truth, words that they are bound legally from publicly rebutting, and words that are the diametrical opposite of what they plainly think and feel.

Sanders may not be the first White House spokesperson to disseminate falsehoods. But it bears noting that up until the Trump administration came along, purposeful lying by the person at that podium was a rare occurrence. Officials occupying the position in the past have worked hard to maintain their credibility for the simple reason that truthfulness is the only coin of the spokesmen’s realm.

Like Sean Spicer, her prevaricating predecessor, Sanders has moved precisely in the opposite direction. And like Trump, her mendacious boss, she has debased the currency of truthfulness to a nullity. Anyone who believes that the cancer of dishonesty let loose by our lying President will not metastasize into American society at large has not been paying attention to the way virtually everyone in his ambit already bears the stigma of the scourge.'

And yes, that is from a Republican:   http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/sarah-huckabee-sanders-lying-liars-white-house-article-1.3802422

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Replies