Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: How will history see Comey?

Message 11 of 22

Richva--Ya' know, I was surprised to hear that he wouldn't testify too.  Thank you for your insight, I think that you are correct.  With all the simpering slithering slime simultaneously situated in the WH, one sometimes forgets that there are still honorable people in Washington.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 22

Today, Comey declined a REQUEST from the Senate Committee to testify. You know it was going to be about his firing. At first, I thought this was weird and then I remembered that Comey thinks of himself as a professional with honor.  Had he accepted, he would be forced to talk about the POTUS. 

I think Comey wants to be subpoenaed.  Then, he will be required to talk about these things but will not percieve himself as not honoring his commitments. 

Subpoena Comey and help him help you. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 22

@cs93423127 wrote:

It seems you cannot stay on the subject of "How will history view Comey," and are trying to twist the argument to be about me. You must be out of reasonable arguments. Checkmate.

HUH!!!!  don't understand your comment, I simply responded to your own post. perhaps is the content of the post that may be not clear enough. ? Not interested in aguing. If you care to clarify, I will answer your post, with my own opinion regarding your response.

no name
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 14 of 22

It seems you cannot stay on the subject of "How will history view Comey," and are trying to twist the argument to be about me. You must be out of reasonable arguments. Checkmate.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 22

@cs93423127 wrote:

The way I was raised, approval of your actions by your friends was NOT considered a yardstick of morality. That is what I always told my kids. 

Also, my dad was a member of the "FBI Club," and they do stick together (no criticism intended). If you want to have your back covered in a gunfight, or any other fight, you cover the other guy when he needs it. Simple. So do cops. they stick together because they face the dangers together. and that creates a bond that other professions don't offer.

I am not attacking or defending any political party or news network. TMy concern is about Comey. Like I said in other post.  let it all play out before putting foot in mouth.

(Though it is interesting that Comey's direct underling and main defender is husband to a woman who ran for office backed by the Clinton machine...stay tuned). Please!!1 now your family plays on how your behaviour is going to be seen? You did say that standards of morality were mostly your parents and how they view things. so now you have extended that to an extended family or simple friends?

no name
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 16 of 22

The way I was raised, approval of your actions by your friends was NOT considered a yardstick of morality.

Also, my dad was a member of the "FBI Club," and they do stick together (no criticism intended). If you want to have your back covered in a gunfight, or any other fight, you cover the other guy when he needs it. Simple.

I am not attacking or defending any political party or news network. TMy concern is about Comey.

(Though it is interesting that Comey's direct underling and main defender is husband to a woman who ran for office backed by the Clinton machine...stay tuned).

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 22

Mr Comey's history has yet to be written.  no matter what you think about him. he is still very much alive, and all Americans are quite interested in what he will have to say when he is able to speak about any of this.
This is the beginning of a very serious situation that yet has to be explored and known. 
Before the criticisms begin, I would  simply let things play out, and not make the mistake of putting foot in mouth.

no name
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 22

@cs93423127 wrote:

As more and more comes out about Comey's odd behavior, it seems increasingly evident that he was looking at himself as the reincarnation of J. Edgar Hoover. His track seemed to be headed toward being ensconced in power and flowingly robed with respect, but it took him to ignomy instead. He's definitely famous now, and nothing is going to change that. However, he will more often becompared with Benedict Arnold and Judas than JEH.

We can tell where you are getting your news from.  Have you heard what his ex-colleagues have been saying about him?

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 19 of 22

No, none of what I said related specifically to Hillary events, because he didn't even stop there, but to Comey's self-serving misuse of power which is a betrayal to the American people, thus the B. Arnold reference. The Judas reference was about putting self above the good of others (American people, again). He served at the will of the President, but his job required the public's trust, and he squandered that.

I am talking about the abuse of power and the whole idea of his using his position, which should not be politically involved at all, for personal grandeur and agrandizement. Whether any of his actions rise to the level of treason, I am not trying to either judge or imply.  My point is that his actions were ill-motivated.

Hoover was politically involved, but kept it in the background, not running to the media to impune guilt or to proclaim innoncence. Comey should have been in the background, not on the world stage. He should have given thought to how his actions affected the American people, as well as  anyone running for or holding office. Apparently, he thought only of himself and his petty goals.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 22

@cs93423127 wrote:

As more and more comes out about Comey's odd behavior, it seems increasingly evident that he was looking at himself as the reincarnation of J. Edgar Hoover. His track seemed to be headed toward being ensconced in power and flowingly robed with respect, but it took him to ignomy instead. He's definitely famous now, and nothing is going to change that. However, he will more often becompared with Benedict Arnold and Judas than JEH.

Just to understand, are you saying his mis-handling of the Hillary server case rises to the level of treason?  I am not sure who you feel is the Jesus to Comey's Judas either. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors