Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 13

You should wear a mask if you are in an enclosed space (room) except if you're eating dinner.  Outside, keep social distance and you will be safe (without a mask). At home with normal family - no mask is required.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@GailL1   So,, should we wear masks outside ? or not? when we are in the company of others? at a store for example? at church? at home with others? 

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

How true is this article by the WHO?

My take is they don't know,  they try to downplay the virus as much as possible,  they don't want to panic people.  We learn new stuff about the virus as we go,  but I think the whole " young people don't get it or they don't have severe complications " thing was a mistake from the start.

At least in the USA, other major countries seem to be doing OK,  but they wear masks and follow protocols,  Americans think they're exceptional.

The virus doesn't think at all, it just does.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@ChasKy53 

A law was passed about seatbelts being in cars - then it took many more years for people to start using them.  I remember my Dad disconnecting that buzzer that use to go off in cars when the belt wasn't fastened. 

Mask aren't worn by a lot of teenagers and younger adult - of all colors and persuasions..  They aren't influenced by Trump - they are influenced by their need to socialize in bars, clubs, parties. 

I don't see how a law would do any good unless there is enforcement - just ask the Mayor of Atlanta how her plan is going - sounds like total rebellion - the transit folks have already told her that they were not confronting any riders; they will "educate" with posters and flyers.  Bars that were opened are being asked to close - now the bar owners are adding food and calling themselves a restaurant.  Same with clubs - nightly eating establishments with a band and a dance floor.

Let's face it, we are a country of people whom many of which put their own self 1st. - that's not always a bad thing, just depends.   We can't handle delayed gratification - we want it our way and we want it now.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@GailL1 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Some people believe "this is a free country" means they're free to do whatever they want, whenever they want to, and no lib is going to make them wear a mask.

I don't think it has to do with "lib" or no "lib" - cause the same thing happened or happens with numerous other things which protect others one way or another.

Like it or not, masks have been politicized and tRump played a big part in it.

Our Congress, most especially the Republicans, don't have the gonads to pass a law requiring masks.I think that id they did pass a law on it the tRump administration would appeal it in court and delay it getting decided on until after the election. Seat belts and other things weren't as politicized, they are afraid of losing the far right tRump base.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@Panjandrum wrote:

Some people believe "this is a free country" means they're free to do whatever they want, whenever they want to, and no lib is going to make them wear a mask.

I don't think it has to do with "lib" or no "lib" - cause the same thing happened or happens with numerous other things which protect others one way or another.

• seatbelts - remember pick up trucks have only recently had their addition
  • hands free use of cell phone while driving
  • texting while driving
  • wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle or 4-wheeler on a public roadway
  • having at least a minimum amount of insurance - liability - on your vehicle

So what have we done about these things - MANDATED Them with punishments and enforcement by armed law enforcement ! 

Caught enough times and the penalties get stiffer and stiffer.  What Community has the resources to enforce wearing a mask even if they are just writing tickets for the mandated infraction.

Of course, business owners can try, same thing with public transportation but unless they are willing to confront or throw out the patron or rider not obeying the rule - this request or even as a mandate isn't gonna do too much.

Remember what happened to the bathhouses during the AIDS epidemic -

New York State, seeking to slow the spread of AIDS, empowered local health officials yesterday to close homosexual bathhouses and other places where ''high-risk sexual activities'' take place. The decision gave health authorities the right to padlock such places as ''public nuisances'' for the next 60 days.    Oct 26, 1985

Like the wearing of seat belts, change comes with time - problem is we don't seem to have this time right now.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

ManicProgressive:  

There is no harm created by everyone wearing masks when near one another. Not sure why this is so difficult.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

This guy in Delaware told me today I didn't have to wear a mask.  I reminded him my mask protects him and I was being courteous to my fellow citizens.   I hope he got the point since his mask was down on his chin.  And he was working at a state park.  

There is no harm created by everyone wearing masks when near one another.  Not sure why this is so difficult. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@Roxanna35 

Here is the clarification by the WHO -  from Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s technical lead on the Covid-19 pandemic.

STAT NEWS 06/09/2020 - WHO Clarifies Comments on Asymptomatic Spread 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Especially those Progressive regressives!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors