Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How to stop abortions in America

Message 31 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

The far right that are pushing these laws as the  first step to outlawing all forms of birth control, and the pills etc fall in to that category. If you follow the far right evg preachers on TV, Radio they are already talking about that. The far right who control these states will agree with them and so will Trump. I am surprised GA has not moved further, but they could be waiting to see if their current law is thrown out. If it is not have no fear the far right Gov. of GA will lead the way and you will not have them at any stores in the State. The answer to this problem is to get rid of the far right and Trump.

I have not heard of any effort to eliminate birth conttol by "the far right" or "evg preachers", "Trump", or anyone else - can you back that up?

You should watch and listen to news other than from right wing. The women in MI had not heard any  bad comments about Trump in the Mueller report before her Reb. Congressman town hall and she said she got her news from far right media. Looks like 2 peas in a pod. I have seen Trump on TV back it, and have seen the preachers on TV a number of times saying it, and have read stories in the papers on it. So change you news gathering to media that tells the truth which is not the far right.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 75

o@MIseker wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I cannot continue to repeat that men should not comment of the subject of abortion mainly because their  lack of knowledge about women, their bodies, and how they function.

But still they open their mouth and put their feet (both of them) continuously on this subject.

Mots of the terminations in this country are NOT due to rape or incest, they are due because they didn't use contribution, in the same manner that men forget to use protection.  and others because although they use contraceptives not always do they work.

Married women, are probably the most that encounter this situation contrary to think that they are due to one night stands.
And  if men   knew how the menstrual cycle occurs they would have a better understanding as to how a woman gets pregnant .
But no, they have to open their mouths and spit idiotic remarks.

Please, stop putting foot in mouth and then learn, get the necessary books and learn how our bodies work. and then come here an post.

In general I agree that abortion laws should be written by women. But to say I should keep my mouth shut about it is wrong headed. I support a womans right to choose no matter the reason. NO KID should be raised as a PUNISHMENT. oh yeah mom and dad are sure pleased with that surprize baby at 48 years old when their youngest of 5 is graduating high school. Maybe Dad has a physical disability that prevents him from earning a high enough wage to support a larger family. It doesnt matter, no one should be making the decision other than the woman involved. I also did wht i think all men should do, which is GET A VASECTOMY if you dont need anymore kids. Are you still single at 30 and would like kids a few years down the road? store some stuff in the freezer and get the snip.

I think that’s the crux of it. It’s insane to me to think men get to dictate what a woman does with her body. Be anti-abortion all you want. But not anti-choice. Educate, provide support, give to charity, lobby for tax dollars to be used for sex ed, health care, contraception, child care, etc. 

But Christian men don’t get to put their religious laws on my body.  Keep it in your church. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 75

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I cannot continue to repeat that men should not comment of the subject of abortion mainly because their  lack of knowledge about women, their bodies, and how they function.

But still they open their mouth and put their feet (both of them) continuously on this subject.

Mots of the terminations in this country are NOT due to rape or incest, they are due because they didn't use contribution, in the same manner that men forget to use protection.  and others because although they use contraceptives not always do they work.

Married women, are probably the most that encounter this situation contrary to think that they are due to one night stands.
And  if men   knew how the menstrual cycle occurs they would have a better understanding as to how a woman gets pregnant .
But no, they have to open their mouths and spit idiotic remarks.

Please, stop putting foot in mouth and then learn, get the necessary books and learn how our bodies work. and then come here an post.

In general I agree that abortion laws should be written by women. But to say I should keep my mouth shut about it is wrong headed. I support a womans right to choose no matter the reason. NO KID should be raised as a PUNISHMENT. oh yeah mom and dad are sure pleased with that surprize baby at 48 years old when their youngest of 5 is graduating high school. Maybe Dad has a physical disability that prevents him from earning a high enough wage to support a larger family. It doesnt matter, no one should be making the decision other than the woman involved. I also did wht i think all men should do, which is GET A VASECTOMY if you dont need anymore kids. Are you still single at 30 and would like kids a few years down the road? store some stuff in the freezer and get the snip.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 75

@john258 wrote:

The far right that are pushing these laws as the  first step to outlawing all forms of birth control, and the pills etc fall in to that category. If you follow the far right evg preachers on TV, Radio they are already talking about that. The far right who control these states will agree with them and so will Trump. I am surprised GA has not moved further, but they could be waiting to see if their current law is thrown out. If it is not have no fear the far right Gov. of GA will lead the way and you will not have them at any stores in the State. The answer to this problem is to get rid of the far right and Trump.

I have not heard of any effort to eliminate birth conttol by "the far right" or "evg preachers", "Trump", or anyone else - can you back that up?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 75

@GailL1 wrote:

I don't know if you are a female but I, as a female, have had to make real tough decisions about my welfare all my life.  You set priorities and then figure it out - overcoming whatever you have to overcome. 

I'd say that if a woman does not want to be pregnant because having a child in a major decision and one that last a long time, then she should find a way to get a reliable birth control method and stop depending on someone or something to hamper her decision.

I am indeed a female. I also took birth control at one point. My birth control pill baby just turned 51 years old (she jokes that she made a candy necklace out of the pills). So we can stop acting like birth control pills are the magic panacea that prevents all unwanted pregnancies.

And since birth control pills had proven so ineffective, I then had to endure months of my male doctor, who was Catholic, trying to dissuade me from having my tubes tied after my birth control pill baby was born.

So if you're alright with taking someone's medical liberty away from them, then you should be alright with making me your medical power of attorney. I'll do right by you. I promise!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 75

@GailL1 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

We should be smarter than men, we know our strengths - we need to use those smarts and strengths.  Don't want to be pregnant - easy to fix.

• use birth control - maybe even a couple of type - for him and for her
  • if not - after the night of passion - get Plan B ASAP - easy to get and take just by directions
  • If not and you start feeling like you might be pregnant early on - take a pregnancy test as soon as reliable - if negative, wait a couple of days and take another - if positive get an RX for RU486.

This covers women up to 10 weeks - and if a woman can't act in that amount of time to terminate a pregnancy that she does not want - she might as well just go ahead and get her tubes tied after her surgical abortion because she should not breed.

There are couple of problems, though. A) Businesses like Hobby Lobby are allowed to refuse covering birth control, which might put the cost/availability out of reach for some (especially rural), considering the push to close Planned Parenthood clinics; and B) Pharmacists are allowed to refuse filling prescriptions for birth control and RU486 for religious reasons and whatnot in some states.

You don't need a prescription for a coat hanger. Outlawing abortion will not stop abortions.

I don't know if you are a female but I, as a female, have had to make real tough decisions about my welfare all my life.  You set priorities and then figure it out - overcoming whatever you have to overcome. 

I'd say that if a woman does not want to be pregnant because having a child in a major decision and one that last a long time, then she should find a way to get a reliable birth control method and stop depending on someone or something to hamper her decision.

There is more than one job.

Reliable Birth control is cheap compared to having a child.

Ask the guy to chip some bucks - start a GoFundMe page - Woman Wink

But if she accepts these outside controls over her life and uses all the excuses that you mention - then there is also another decision she can make  - there is still a finite (foolproof) way of assuring that she will not be with child - we aren't animals, we can think and reason, hopefully !

There are also more than one pharmacy/ pharmacist in most every town.

Women need to stop being the "victim" - There are choices -  They can and do make the decisions that are best for them - power over their own lives.  That is taking control over ones life - that is earning equality.

Nobody needs a coathanger anymore -

The Emergency Contraception Website - Your Website for the "Morning After"

BTW, with surgical abortion there is always a chance of infection because it is an invasive procedure.  Also much harder - physically and emotionally -

Planned Parenthood - Caring for Yourself After a Surgical Abortion

In fact, we need to change the names to chemical abortion (RU486) vs INVASIVE abortion.

I am not a women to start with. Everyone is different and that will not change therefore you have to cover a wide area with what you do. Yes right now birth control pills etc are available in many stores, but you dream if you think that will last. The far right that are pushing these laws as the  first step to outlawing all forms of birth control, and the pills etc fall in to that category. If you follow the far right evg preachers on TV, Radio they are already talking about that. The far right who control these states will agree with them and so will Trump. I am surprised GA has not moved further, but they could be waiting to see if their current law is thrown out. If it is not have no fear the far right Gov. of GA will lead the way and you will not have them at any stores in the State. The answer to this problem is to get rid of the far right and Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 75

You are very lucky to have overcome every single adversity in your life, Gail. Not everyone is.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 75

@BigLib wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

We should be smarter than men, we know our strengths - we need to use those smarts and strengths.  Don't want to be pregnant - easy to fix.

• if not - after the night of passion - get Plan B ASAP - easy to get and take just by directions
  • If not and you start feeling like you might be pregnant early on - take a pregnancy test as soon as reliable - if negative, wait a couple of days and take another - if positive get an RX for RU486.

This covers women up to 10 weeks - and if a woman can't act in that amount of time to terminate a pregnancy that she does not want - she might as well just go ahead and get her tubes tied after her surgical abortion because she should not breed.

There are couple of problems, though. A) Businesses like Hobby Lobby are allowed to refuse covering birth control, which might put the cost/availability out of reach for some (especially rural), considering the push to close Planned Parenthood clinics; and B) Pharmacists are allowed to refuse filling prescriptions for birth control and RU486 for religious reasons and whatnot in some states.

You don't need a prescription for a coat hanger. Outlawing abortion will not stop abortions.

There is more than one job.

Reliable Birth control is cheap compared to having a child.

Ask the guy to chip some bucks - start a GoFundMe page - Woman Wink

But if she accepts these outside controls over her life and uses all the excuses that you mention - then there is also another decision she can make  - there is still a finite (foolproof) way of assuring that she will not be with child - we aren't animals, we can think and reason, hopefully !

There are also more than one pharmacy/ pharmacist in most every town.

Women need to stop being the "victim" - There are choices -  They can and do make the decisions that are best for them - power over their own lives.  That is taking control over ones life - that is earning equality.

Nobody needs a coathanger anymore -

The Emergency Contraception Website - Your Website for the "Morning After"

BTW, with surgical abortion there is always a chance of infection because it is an invasive procedure.  Also much harder - physically and emotionally -

Planned Parenthood - Caring for Yourself After a Surgical Abortion

In fact, we need to change the names to chemical abortion (RU486) vs INVASIVE abortion.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 75

@GailL1 wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 75

Gail  we are smarter than men, unfortunately for them they never seem to admit it.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing ralmon, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors