Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How to be a True Anti-Racist

Message 11 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wroteSmiley Sadin black text)

@rk9152 wrote:

Racism has not been "used as a club to beat on others of a different political ideology". It is and should be used as a club to beat on obvious racists.

Of course it is - remember Conservatives are all racists (along with a list of other things. As I recall, alt-right is your favorite).

So you think that all conservatives a racists? Interesting ........ I thought that just certain ones are.  Also ............ I never once referred to all conservatives as "alt-right".  Quote me if you claim otherwise.

Honesty contributes a great deal to discussion. Game playing is a detriment.

What do you think of these words that Matias said in reference to a student who reacted in the way described: 

Matias says. “How can someone who says they’re colorblind—they don’t see race at all, race is not a real thing—be having an obviously visceral experience, shaking, defensive, crying? If it’s nothing, why are you having a reaction to it?”

I'd say the crier needs help.

Yes, the "crier" certainly needs help .......... help getting over his racism.  Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd say in growing up.

Sure is funny that when racism is mentioned to a racist, they protest louder than non-racists do. A telltale sign.

Well, some folks just aren't all consumed with the "racism" obsession. They are happy to through life with a smile on their face and their friends (of any color) by their sides.

Hands at their sides giving a racist sign?  Oh, and commenting on any posting pointing out or speaking of racism?

More game playing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist. No, I just observe and comment. No one has denied racism exists. That statement is another of those inaccuracies that I observe and comment on.  Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

Seems like going personal to dodge the truths I reveal about other posts when I observe and comment. What I have or have not done in the past nor what I am doing or not doing today in any way relates to your inaccurate comments about discrediting racism.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

@ChasKy53 wroteSmiley Sadin black text)

@rk9152 wrote:

Racism has not been "used as a club to beat on others of a different political ideology". It is and should be used as a club to beat on obvious racists.

Of course it is - remember Conservatives are all racists (along with a list of other things. As I recall, alt-right is your favorite).

So you think that all conservatives a racists? Interesting ........ I thought that just certain ones are.  Also ............ I never once referred to all conservatives as "alt-right".  Quote me if you claim otherwise.

What do you think of these words that Matias said in reference to a student who reacted in the way described: 

Matias says. “How can someone who says they’re colorblind—they don’t see race at all, race is not a real thing—be having an obviously visceral experience, shaking, defensive, crying? If it’s nothing, why are you having a reaction to it?”

Yes, the "crier" certainly needs help .......... help getting over his racism.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Sure is funny that when racism is mentioned to a racist, they protest louder than non-racists do. A telltale sign.

Well, some folks just aren't all consumed with the "racism" obsession. They are happy to through life with a smile on their face and their friends (of any color) by their sides.

Hands at their sides giving a racist sign?  Oh, and commenting on any posting pointing out or speaking of racism?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist. No, I just observe and comment. No one has denied racism exists. That statement is another of those inaccuracies that I observe and comment on.  Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

To what degree a person espouses white guilt because of something in their past and how much as an "I'm better than you" gambit cannot be determined. However, here is an interesting perspective on "racism":

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/opinions/im-black-and-struggle-with-implicit-bias-bailey/index.html

"For many, it is so ubiquitous it’s largely unnoticed, in the same way a fish is so immersed in water it doesn’t realize it’s swimming in it—and that lack of awareness is precisely the problem."

A good point. When one constantly swims in a sea of hatred they no longer are able to recognize it for what it is.  Considering no one posts the word hate and hatred more than you, I would agree!  Ya see, another "good point". You may be right. Some obsess over it - I observe and comment.  And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist. No, I just observe and comment. No one has denied racism exists. That statement is another of those inaccuracies that I observe and comment on.

You are coming up with great definitions and quotes lately.  If you actually read the links to information others post, you'd see most aren't mine, but thanks anyway.....Sorry if I gave you undeserved credit.  No problem, it makes up for the missed opportunities....Smiley Tongue

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

To what degree a person espouses white guilt because of something in their past and how much as an "I'm better than you" gambit cannot be determined. However, here is an interesting perspective on "racism":

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/opinions/im-black-and-struggle-with-implicit-bias-bailey/index.html

"For many, it is so ubiquitous it’s largely unnoticed, in the same way a fish is so immersed in water it doesn’t realize it’s swimming in it—and that lack of awareness is precisely the problem."

A good point. When one constantly swims in a sea of hatred they no longer are able to recognize it for what it is.  Considering no one posts the word hate and hatred more than you, I would agree!  Ya see, another "good point". You may be right. Some obsess over it - I observe and comment.  And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist.

You are coming up with great definitions and quotes lately.  If you actually read the links to information others post, you'd see most aren't mine, but thanks anyway.....Sorry if I gave you undeserved credit.  No problem, it makes up for the missed opportunities....Smiley Tongue

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

That's a fascinating fairy tale about right wing politically motivated prevaricators living in the alternate reality....

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A good point. When one constantly swims in a sea of hatred they no longer are able to recognize it for what it is.  Considering no one posts the word hate and hatred more than you, I would agree!  Ya see, another "good point". You may be right. Some obsess over it - I observe and comment.

You are coming up with great definitions and quotes lately.  If you actually read the links to information others post, you'd see most aren't mine, but thanks anyway.....Sorry if I gave you undeserved credit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Robin DiAngelo is often mentioned on different topics and has made a career out of white guilt. 

There is no doubt but that there is racism out there. Sadly, that reality has been used by some as a club to beat on others of a different political ideology - as an example Conservatives have been called racist purely based on their ideology which, in reality, has nothing to do with race - except to those who consider seeing people as people as racist.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A good point. When one constantly swims in a sea of hatred they no longer are able to recognize it for what it is.  Considering no one posts the word hate and hatred more than you, I would agree!  Ya see, another "good point".

You are coming up with great definitions and quotes lately.  If you actually read the links to information others post, you'd see most aren't mine, but thanks anyway.....

Kudos
Views