Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How to be a True Anti-Racist

Message 1 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist. No, I just observe and comment. No one has denied racism exists. That statement is another of those inaccuracies that I observe and comment on.  Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

Seems like going personal to dodge the truths I reveal about other posts when I observe and comment. What I have or have not done in the past nor what I am doing or not doing today in any way relates to your inaccurate comments about discrediting racism.

Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

Going personal again?

But ............. where are your examples?

And a "Yeah, me too" gets a kudo - wotta surprise!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And deny, and cover for, and promote and distract.  If you just observed, you wouldn't be the fist poster to rush to most relavent topic and deny the racism exists and attack the poster.  It appears your obsession is to discredit racism, even attacking those who raise the topic as being racist. No, I just observe and comment. No one has denied racism exists. That statement is another of those inaccuracies that I observe and comment on.  Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

Seems like going personal to dodge the truths I reveal about other posts when I observe and comment. What I have or have not done in the past nor what I am doing or not doing today in any way relates to your inaccurate comments about discrediting racism.

Great!  Then you have many examples to share with forum readers where you stood up to racism, racist behavior and took a positive stand speaking out agaisnt bigotry and racial hatred. Warning readers....don't hold your breath.

Going personal again?

But ............. where are your examples?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

GREAT post, afisher.  Well stated!

Peace on earth, "GOOD WILL TO MEN" doesn't mean JUST men, it mean women as well.  Nor does it mean, just WHITE MEN....

Another case of making something up and then fighting with it. I have seen no one use your JUST.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The most effective way to promote racism is to not allow intelligent discussion on the subject while using "dog whistles" to let other racists know you're on their side.

The Fascist Five of SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act and immeiately those States previously identified as having racist statutes began reinstating Jim Crow in disguise.

But if you expose this resurgence of institutional racism, the Republicans will call YOU racist, hoping to end the discussion before the MAJORITY, who are not racist, figure out THEY need to ACT to end LEGALIZED racism AGAIN.

Conservatism and Fascist are not interchangeable terms so your SCOTUS assumption is wrong.

There is no LEGALIZED RACISM so that assumption is wrong.

DOG WHISTLE is just a dishonest term when one DOES NOT have any RATIONAL way of making their POINT.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@afisher wrote:

What some seem to not want to discuss is that there have been many contributions by numerous individuals over time.     Does everyone stand up and shout when the scientist or writer or sociologist or politician is white?    The answer is no, because most people take for granted that the majority in of people who get advanced degrees are white.     Why is that?

When I was a teenager, the US Congress signed and placed into law the Equal Rights Amendments.     Some white people were very angry, was that justified?   Were the lynchings and cross burning and murder of non-white people so scarey that they had to be eliminated?   I had hope that over time that racism in the US would evaporate.    Obviously that did not happen and because of the current political environment and the current WH regime, they actually promote the concept that white nationalism is imperative.   

I don't know or care why some go to such lengths to deny white nationalism, when they are actually promoting by their nonsense comments about racism, by claiming "just an observation".           Anyone attempting that sort of cover need to grab a mirror and ask themselves how does it feel to lie and distract from themselves what they embrace.    If they didn't embrace racism, why would the attempt to smear a person who has made a career attempting to educate people about diversity?      

Another case of a poster setting up a false premise and then fighting with him/her/itself.

No one has denied the existence of white nationalism.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Going personal again?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

GREAT post, afisher.  Well stated!

Peace on earth, "GOOD WILL TO MEN" doesn't mean JUST men, it mean women as well.  Nor does it mean, just WHITE MEN....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

The most effective way to promote racism is to not allow intelligent discussion on the subject while using "dog whistles" to let other racists know you're on their side.

The Fascist Five of SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act and immeiately those States previously identified as having racist statutes began reinstating Jim Crow in disguise.

But if you expose this resurgence of institutional racism, the Republicans will call YOU racist, hoping to end the discussion before the MAJORITY, who are not racist, figure out THEY need to ACT to end LEGALIZED racism AGAIN.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

What some seem to not want to discuss is that there have been many contributions by numerous individuals over time.     Does everyone stand up and shout when the scientist or writer or sociologist or politician is white?    The answer is no, because most people take for granted that the majority in of people who get advanced degrees are white.     Why is that?

When I was a teenager, the US Congress signed and placed into law the Equal Rights Amendments.     Some white people were very angry, was that justified?   Were the lynchings and cross burning and murder of non-white people so scarey that they had to be eliminated?   I had hope that over time that racism in the US would evaporate.    Obviously that did not happen and because of the current political environment and the current WH regime, they actually promote the concept that white nationalism is imperative.   

I don't know or care why some go to such lengths to deny white nationalism, when they are actually promoting by their nonsense comments about racism, by claiming "just an observation".           Anyone attempting that sort of cover need to grab a mirror and ask themselves how does it feel to lie and distract from themselves what they embrace.    If they didn't embrace racism, why would the attempt to smear a person who has made a career attempting to educate people about diversity?      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views