Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How the United States became a Dictatorship

Message 1 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
How the United States became a Dictatorship

----------------------------------------------------------------

Glad that is another thread headline that is a out and out lie!

Only in the eyes of Trump enablers. Facts speak louder than words, and the facts are Hitler and trump are the same. Trump has told all he can do what ever he wants. He even argued in court that he could kill someone and the police could not even investigate it while he was President. That is a Dictator. He said it through his lawyers and it is part of the court record (Fact).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12
How the United States became a Dictatorship

----------------------------------------------------------------

Glad that is another thread headline that is a out and out lie!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Well thank you for clarifying without even knowing me that I am nuttier than squirrel poop. Nice. And this is what has been created by the ‘blue wave’. Rude and inkind comments towards people with a different viewpoint. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

No. That is not how our laws work. He has an opportunity to run one more time as incumbent . Trump 2020!🇺🇸

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

Trump is the "fraud", and we are moving towards a "dictatorship" because trump is taking us in that direction by not respecting the two other branches of our government. Shamefully, the Washington Republicans headed by McConnell are doing a bang-up job of helping and assisting him in it.

The answer to the problem?  A Blue Wave in 2020.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@WendyD52382 wrote:

Our government has become a sham and a shame for quite a few years now and it's not the current administration that is at fault.  Our country was not founded for one side to reduce our constitution and our rights to something meaningless that can be shredded to benefit their own.  I recognize there are many that don't care for Mr. Trump but he has brought to the surface the foolishness and waste that has been overtaking our governmental processes for YEARS.  Our country was not founded to be governed by one branch but by three to ensure our rights as citizens are not infringed upon.  Not their job to take care of us, it's our job to take care of us.  Not their job to rule over us and decide how we should live or behave, it's our job.  It's not their job to influence our children in government schools to think a certain way but to learn to think for themselves. It's not their job to disarm our society in the name of they can protect us, it's our right to protect ourselves from a government that is cleary attempting to trend to the wrong design for our society.  It is not currently a dictatorship. It's trying to get back to how it should be and how it was intended to be.  I like Mr. Trump because he is exposing the fraud that has been embedded for too long and I like him because he does not let anyone (including the media) walk all over him and shame him into doing what they want.  And he says what he wants.  THAT is why he is not liked by the left and loved by the right....he's opened a pandora's box in Washington. Trump 2020.

What you miss is the govt. of the USA is really the way for all of the people to use their power together to achieve what one person can not. Medical is a prime example. Keeping people healthy can not be done one person at a time. We have to pool our efforts which includes money to achieve that. Insurance was a start but we have passed that point now so all must have it for all to  be in the best health. You see people refuse to get their shots for an illness they get it and spread it all over. We can never cure anything totally unless we all take part. You see that in China as a new virus spreads and kills, then moves to other countries so now it can be a world wide problem. Gun deaths are way to high, and there are to many guns around and in the wrong hands. That means we need to cut down on them, and keep them out of places they can hurt people. We do that by gun control as it was done before the NRA became an arm of the gun makers to increase sales. Govt. is nothing more than the people working together to do things one person can not.  Yes Dictator Trump has changed that so in Nov. he must go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12
@Wendy
I'm happy that you like Trump, and I hope you will be as happy that I do not. I am a decent person and I find Trump to be anything but decent. And in my not at all humble opinion, decency is still needed in this world. I don't see decency exhibited by this man, ever. So, I do not like him, admire him or support his brashness and rudeness and my great hope is that some day we will find a way back to decency, and I don't care which party takes us back to decency btw, but one of them better!
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12
no name...
I am constantly astounded when I read things like this. President for Life? I shudder at the thought, not just of trump being President for Life, but any American becoming President for Life.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@WendyD52382 wrote:

Our government has become a sham and a shame for quite a few years now and it's not the current administration that is at fault.  Our country was not founded for one side to reduce our constitution and our rights to something meaningless that can be shredded to benefit their own.  I recognize there are many that don't care for Mr. Trump but he has brought to the surface the foolishness and waste that has been overtaking our governmental processes for YEARS.  Our country was not founded to be governed by one branch but by three to ensure our rights as citizens are not infringed upon.  Not their job to take care of us, it's our job to take care of us.  Not their job to rule over us and decide how we should live or behave, it's our job.  It's not their job to influence our children in government schools to think a certain way but to learn to think for themselves. It's not their job to disarm our society in the name of they can protect us, it's our right to protect ourselves from a government that is cleary attempting to trend to the wrong design for our society.  It is not currently a dictatorship. It's trying to get back to how it should be and how it was intended to be.  I like Mr. Trump because he is exposing the fraud that has been embedded for too long and I like him because he does not let anyone (including the media) walk all over him and shame him into doing what they want.  And he says what he wants.  THAT is why he is not liked by the left and loved by the right....he's opened a pandora's box in Washington. Trump 2020.

So, do you also belive that Trump should be President for Life?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.