Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How the Rich took all OUR Money

Message 91 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The American style of Capitalism is rigged in favor of the wealthy classes who have inherited their monies.  The system is rigged to prevent unions and any laws which would level the economic playing field.  If you are born rich, you are guaranteed to stay rich.  If you are born poor, there is no path to wealth. 

Tell that to these billionaires!

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-who-came-from-nothing-2013-12

We are a nation of 327.2 million people and you can find 21 success cases.  I think that proves my argument. These are, admittedly, extraordinary people but we are talking about every citizen of this nation. How does the average American fare when trying to do better than their roots? Here is an article in Forbes about the lack of economic mobility in the United States compared to other countries. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The American style of Capitalism is rigged in favor of the wealthy classes who have inherited their monies.  The system is rigged to prevent unions and any laws which would level the economic playing field.  If you are born rich, you are guaranteed to stay rich.  If you are born poor, there is no path to wealth. 

Yeah, we all know that SOME (very few) also win the lottery too. I can't help but ask, WHAT are they doing to be an example to those who are in their old neighborhoods and old economic social class? Kudos to those who actually know and use their money (power) to help bring others up and not just say: see, see, I did it, which in my opinion is just bragging.

I responded to Richva who made the statement: "If you are born poor, there is no path to wealth" which obviously is WRONG!  Is it easy to become a billionaire? No and that's why there are so few.  Liberals think that easy money will just come by them for doing nothing.  Nothing is what you get if you DO nothing!

@NOTHAPPENING  With all due respect, I will disagree. I say you haven't walked in others shoes who have worked their butts off and still have nothing at the end of the day. They live paycheck to paycheck and then usually something comes along (illness,company out of business and many others) that throws them into the pits of poverty, which they again have to get up and keep struggling with "opptimism". 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 101

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Yeah, we all know that SOME (very few) also win the lottery too. I can't help but ask, WHAT are they doing to be an example to those who are in their old neighborhoods and old economic social class? Kudos to those who actually know and use their money (power) to help bring others up and not just say: see, see, I did it, which in my opinion is just bragging.

I responded to Richva who made the statement: "If you are born poor, there is no path to wealth" which obviously is WRONG!  Is it easy to become a billionaire? No and that's why there are so few.  Liberals think that easy money will just come by them for doing nothing.  Nothing is what you get if you DO nothing!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 101

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Of course you are correct Laurie. Even Communist and Fascist nations create $Billionaires$, but then 1% of their societies acquire 90% or more of the collective wealth and income, just like what is happening in America.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Tell that to the growing number of working poor and the growing number of those working multiple jobs, still not earning enough to qualify paying an income tax. The small number of Billionaires you offer doesn't change anything in this discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 101

It's simple.  Many of the 1% are Fascists and Fascism has gained a grip on America. Let's hope the grip is not allowed to tightened before it cannot be broken. The 1% is slowly purchasing our government.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 101

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 101

I ponder George Orwell's 1984....

George-Orwell-Quote-become-conscious-movie-image-1024x538 (1).pngOrwell-3-1.jpg

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 101

Kudos
Views