How the GOP attempt to hide their hate

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How the GOP attempt to hide their hate

Message 1 of 5

@umbarch64 wrote:

Sarkikos...a little obscure.  Is that the Greek religious thing or some actual being who did write that.  I really don't know...could you and Mike elaborate. 

What you said, though.  I agree.  Seems to me that is the way it should be.  No matter our differences, our common interests take precedence over them.   

Now...that statement is a bit at odds with your past positions, as I understood them.  That could be me....it could be you and it could be what this partisan BS has made of us all.

Let's take this economic/political thing about Marxism/Progressivism.  There is absolutely no question whatsoever that in order to work, there has to be a balance of some sort that ends up being fair, so participants participate willingly, no matter the system. It's that 'golden rule' thing. 

Truth is we NEED each other in order for Civilization, and every single component of it, to work.  If it works imperfectly, improve it, don't demolish it. The consequences if that happens are bad ones. Nobody will like them.  IF they do 'drop the big one' we may return to a hunter, gatherer, barter economy once more...otherwise it never will be that way again. 

There has to be a place for workers to work.  There has to be some reason for them to do it.  There have to be manufacturers and distributors and consumers.  There have to be ways to finance, administer and run the economy that supports this circular structure.  Break any part of anything you or anyone else posits, and it falls apart.  Your post essentially says you are open to objective evaluation of ideas other than the one's you deem acceptable. It says you will listen, learn and, after due consideration select the more valid.  You previous rhetoric says otherwise.

That 'golden rule' thing applies to politics and political ideology too, wouldn't you say?  This business about government being bad is one of those things that 'ain't necessarily so'.  It does indeed, depend.  Self-interest only is destructive in the end. Some other motive....such as something better for our kids...is needed.   

The 'golden rule' is not a religious thing at all although it may be a common factor among them all.  Man conceived it and everything else too.  Man screwed it all up. It is up to Man to fix it....no one else will.  To think otherwise is where naive begins.

WOW!!!! That is quite an extensive and personalized response to a very basic, accurate statement - "The Democrats and liberals don't bother to hide their hate of conservatives.  They seem to be proud of it".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Sarkikos...a little obscure.  Is that the Greek religious thing or some actual being who did write that.  I really don't know...could you and Mike elaborate. 

What you said, though.  I agree.  Seems to me that is the way it should be.  No matter our differences, our common interests take precedence over them.   

Now...that statement is a bit at odds with your past positions, as I understood them.  That could be me....it could be you and it could be what this partisan BS has made of us all.

Let's take this economic/political thing about Marxism/Progressivism.  There is absolutely no question whatsoever that in order to work, there has to be a balance of some sort that ends up being fair, so participants participate willingly, no matter the system. It's that 'golden rule' thing. 

Truth is we NEED each other in order for Civilization, and every single component of it, to work.  If it works imperfectly, improve it, don't demolish it. The consequences if that happens are bad ones. Nobody will like them.  IF they do 'drop the big one' we may return to a hunter, gatherer, barter economy once more...otherwise it never will be that way again. 

There has to be a place for workers to work.  There has to be some reason for them to do it.  There have to be manufacturers and distributors and consumers.  There have to be ways to finance, administer and run the economy that supports this circular structure.  Break any part of anything you or anyone else posits, and it falls apart.  Your post essentially says you are open to objective evaluation of ideas other than the one's you deem acceptable. It says you will listen, learn and, after due consideration select the more valid.  You previous rhetoric says otherwise.

That 'golden rule' thing applies to politics and political ideology too, wouldn't you say?  This business about government being bad is one of those things that 'ain't necessarily so'.  It does indeed, depend.  Self-interest only is destructive in the end. Some other motive....such as something better for our kids...is needed.   

The 'golden rule' is not a religious thing at all although it may be a common factor among them all.  Man conceived it and everything else too.  Man screwed it all up. It is up to Man to fix it....no one else will.  To think otherwise is where naive begins.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@Sarkikos wrote:

The Democrats and liberals don't bother to hide their hate of conservatives.  They seem to be proud of it.

Mike

True, Mike and it is a shame. There are differing political (not partisan) ideologies out there. Each has merit - all have an honest intent to make things better for our Nation and her citizens. Wouldn't it be great if we could actually discuss the different approaches and come up with some sort of a common ground.

I have posted before that way back in the day I had a friend who was a self-declared Communist. We never did agree on much but we did have many hours spent comparing notes respectfully. And I learned a lot. The major lesson I learned from that was, "Hmmm, I hadn't thought of it that way before" is not a bad thing.

I know - naive, we are talking politics.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

The Democrats and liberals don't bother to hide their hate of conservatives.  They seem to be proud of it.

Mike

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

How the GOP attempt to hide their hate

Message 5 of 5

Headline IOWA.     Governor really wants to service Tillerson.     He wants to shorten all election times, reduce the number of days for early voting and also to cut off the time that the voting locations should remain open on election day.

His explainer:    With the polls closing as late as they do, we may have to stay up passed out beddie-bye time to know who wins an election.     SIGH

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors