Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How's That Arming Teachers With Guns Working?

Message 31 of 67

You simply refuse to see security as a comprehensive measure.

In that defining moment when a teacher was faced with death and death of those young students at the hands of a murderer... what would the teacher have choose? 

Lessons are often best learned from the end/conclusion backwards. The over all problems can not be fixed quickly or without great debate. Training teachers who volenteer as last line of defense, makes perfect sense and will have a immeasurable affect, on saving lives. 

Not every teacher will be able or wish to be armed, but the traing also includes defensive measures. My county (in FL) has been doing the training long before the govenor sign SB-7030 into law anticipating passage. 

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 67

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Not every problem is solved with a binary resolution. Security is comprehensive and the approaches taken where I live (FL & TN) include multi level prevention. However even the maginot line can be breached so the last resort is ALLOWING teachers who choose to be armed receive the right training. I'm good with allowing volunteers to be trained.

Training includes defensive measures, not offensive.

Teachers are educated and "trained" to be teachers. Let them be teachers and add security. Of course, then money would have to be provided for that, the cheap way out is to arm teachers. Of course so-called Conservatives would choose that route.

Let teachers be teachers, students be students and security people be security people. Teaching is a full time professional job and security is a full time professional job, let each professional do their own jobs by providing the funding for it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 67

That's not news worth... "may have" and "source", could be, might be, maybe.

So there...

Right, just pay no attention to unpleasant news until it goes away.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 67
Not every problem is solved with a binary resolution. Security is comprehensive and the approaches taken where I live (FL & TN) include multi level prevention. However even the maginot line can be breached so the last resort is ALLOWING teachers who choose to be armed receive the right training. I'm good with allowing volunteers to be trained.

Training includes defensive measures, not offensive.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 67

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Thanks for the ridiculous comment. Now let me add some more .... so you're in favor of school uniforms?

Added security is for "prevention". I know for a fact that the local Catholic HS has armed teachers and the grammar school uses armed security. 

Armed teachers are a last resort. The primary purpose of security measures is "delay" until and appropriate response can arrive. Soft targets need more external security first.... I think most would agree and can be done with a high level of expediency. 

Yep arming teachers should ba a "last resort" we don't need to use.  What's next ......... arming students?

Teachers are teachers.

Students are students.

Police are police.

Security is security.

Do away with a fake president spreading hatred and division.

Do away with the weapons manufacturer's lobbyist lobbying $millions$ in Washington, disguised as a club supporting the right to bear arms, while taking money from Russia.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 67

@Panjandrum wrote:

"How's That Arming Teachers With Guns Working?"

It's working as predicted.

Guard at Colorado school shooting may have shot at deputies, wounded student amid chaos: Source

An armed security guard at a Colorado school may have mistakenly fired on sheriff's deputies and wounded a student amid a highly chaotic shooting rampage at the campus this week, authorities told ABC News on Thursday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/guard-colorado-school-shooting-shot-deputies-wounded-student/story?id=6293...

Students will be no safer in school than if they went bird hunting with Richard Cheney, or went shooting on the range with Wayne La Pierre...

Well - that's two of The Three Stooges - makes ya wonder who the third one is...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 67

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

So there...

So 'reality' isn't "news worth"?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 67

Thanks for the ridiculous comment. Now let me add some more .... so you're in favor of school uniforms?

Added security is for "prevention". I know for a fact that the local Catholic HS has armed teachers and the grammar school uses armed security. 

Armed teachers are a last resort. The primary purpose of security measures is "delay" until and appropriate response can arrive. Soft targets need more external security first.... I think most would agree and can be done with a high level of expediency. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 67

: How's That Arming Teachers With Guns Working?

I guess if the teachers need guns the students need bullet proof vests and Kevlar helmets.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 67

So there...

Kudos
Views